Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: How to get rid of a timeshare you no longer want .... (by KC):

Ken Rich states, quoted only in pertinent part:

>> It appears you don't like chiropractors and dismiss their use of the term doctor.<<

I harbor no ill will whatsoever toward chiropractors. You invoked the word "doctor" (which most people will assume means M.D., absent actual clarification) and I have factually and accurately pointed out that you are actually a retired chiropractor. My primary point was (and still remains) that being a retired chiropractor does NOT enable or entitle you to offer complex tax advice of potentially dangerous consequence. For that matter, the same statement would be equally true of a M.D. I have a Master's degree in the sciences, as well as a legal education and degree, but I would certainly never invoke either one of those facts to elicit credibility in tax matters I know little or nothing about, beyond the mere ability to read and subjectively interpret IRS regulations (which is all that you have done). =====================================

>> I again ask, read what I post and find what's wrong with it. Get a CPA to read it and tell me what's wrong with it. <<

With all due respect, YOU are the one making assorted innovative and previously untested claims about IRS tax interpretations. Accordingly, it seems to me that YOU and YOU ALONE own the responsibility to back up your theories. Find your own CPA to back you up and you might then attain some credibility. Meanwhile, I ask the simple question ...."Are you going to appear at the tax audit of those who might subsequently get taken to task by the IRS for accepting your personal tax advice? ===================================

>> As a final question, what suggestion do you have, or the glorious members of the TUG for that matter have, for those poor souls who have a timeshare, want desperately to get out of it, have tried everything they can to sell it and can't even give it away to any other NPO they've contacted? <<

After 20+ years of timeshare ownership experience, I am certainly well aware that for some folks with less than desirable timeshare weeks, resale OR donation can indeed be difficult, sometimes next to impossible. I don't claim for one moment to have a solution to that problem. That clearly stated, the fact remains that you are seeking $500 from a timeshare owner to "take a timeshare off their hands". At least be honest enough to first state that fact right up front, then admit that you are actually proposing completely untested and entirely subjective theories on IRS tax implications --- theories never before advanced by experienced CPA's, tax attorneys, or similar folks with ALL of the credentials which you do NOT possess, yet who have been personally involved in timeshare ownership for decades. Are you suggesting that these people are just "idiots"? Why on earth should anyone believe YOU over the people with both experience AND credentials in an industry in which you possess NEITHER any experience nor ANY credentials whatsoever?