Club Land'Or Resort

Can't even give them one star

Jul 27, 2010

Please include me if you decide to sue Club Landor. they are such a rip off. We have never used this place since we bought it because we cant afford to go after all the new fees and maintenance fees. Please let me know what I can do. prettyeye5266@yahoo.com

Renita H.
Jul 27, 2010

We only had a short time left on our time share and we complained all the time to them over their ridiculous fees. We never even stayed there but our kids used it and thought it was pretty bad and in dire need of renovations. ( This was 14 years ago) . Anyway, a couple of months ago we were interested in the lawsuit that has been mentioned in these post but we finally made a deal and bought out of our owership. We actually bargained them down an extra $1000. from their final offer. Good Luck to all of you Land 'or owners .

Sandra H.
Jul 31, 2010

What did you say to convince them to let you out of the contract? Did you produce some of their documents?

S H.
Jul 31, 2010

Amen

J F.

Last edited by jf14 on Oct 13, 2010 03:45 PM

Jul 31, 2010

I tried to do that, this is the response I got from LandOr was, when are you going to pay up, we dont buy contracts back, try selling it, duh... didnt think of that!!!! I even ask how much could we pay to get rid of this?

Hello,

We are not licensed to buy contracts back. I am sorry but that is something you would need to do. Be very careful who you try to sell to as there are a lot of companys that are not out for your best interest. Before you get involved check them with the better business bureau.

Another option is for you to find an individual to transfer the contract to in which case you will want to talk to Elaine Dowling. 800-552-2839 ext 245. The account balance would have to be paid in full for this to happen.

The only other option is for you to pay for maintenance fees for the rest of the remaining years left on the contract and since you have only been members for a short time this could be costly.

Thank You Gretchen Webb 800-552-2839 ext 218

Kathy P.
Oct 13, 2010

Hello, it looks as if this whole thread stopped about 3 months ago but I need to jump on this bandwagon. I am a Club Land'or member (since 1995) and I just can't pay anymore. I can't take one assessment after another anymore. I just received another assessment from them (2011 Energy Surcharge/2010 Holdover Charges) for $449. It says:

The periodic (nightly) charge that has been in place for years at Club Land'or currently includes an Energy Surcharge/Holdover charge. Effective October 2010, the Energy Surcharge/Holdover charge will be billed annually and the nightly Resort Assessment of $25/person/night reduced to $12.50/person/night. Holdover charges represent resort expenses and union benefit expenses for staff not included in annual maintenance fees as outlined in the terms and conditions of your purchase agreement.

After I talked to Jasmine last night at Land'or, I understand that in part this is to pay half on the per night charge to stay at Land'or but we aren't staying there. This just can't be legal!!! I'm not paying this assessment.

What's happening with everyone in their ongoing fight?

Beth M.
Oct 13, 2010

good luck

Richard L.

Last edited by richardl527 on Oct 26, 2010 06:19 PM

Oct 13, 2010

good luck

Richard L.

Last edited by richardl527 on Oct 26, 2010 06:19 PM

Oct 13, 2010

good luck

Richard L.

Last edited by richardl527 on Oct 26, 2010 06:20 PM

Oct 13, 2010

richardl527- I called Mr. Sadler this morning. He will not take any more Land'Or cases until he has finished up with his current Land'Or clients. He expects to be done mid november. He requested that I send him an email asking to be put on a waiting list, which I did.

BTW, I spent most of the morning also on the phone with Land'Or because I want to get a payoff amount that will clear me from any future assessments or whatever else they can think of to charge people. In the midst of it, the supervisor Marlene informed me that this Energy Surcharge/Holdover charge has been removed-we don't have to pay it. Whatever that means, I suspect they were told it is not legal. LOL.

Beth M.
Oct 13, 2010

Thanks for the reply. My email address lakerstwo@aol.com or call me 6162722756 How can i contact You?

Richard L.
Oct 13, 2010

how do i contact a member of this forum? I jioned and am loged in.

Richard L.
Oct 14, 2010

I just found this forum after googling 'club land'or' to get info after recieving ONE MORE request for some type of fee from them. Like everyone else here my husband and I are ANGRY.

I did look on the Va. BBB site and was suprised to see only 38 complaints registered in the last 3 years with all but three being resolved and they have A- rating with them. If there are so many of us upset how come more have not complained to them? I plan to do that but not sure if it will do any good alone. I am also looking for other courses of action and this forum has given me options to try. My health is not great so that may limit my effectiveness. I have also looked on the TUG website but there is not a lot of info there. This has been the best so far in my quest.

Rita W.
Oct 14, 2010

Hello Richard, I believe ther was 5-6 people on the last suit. I tried to join in on that one but it Mr. Sadler had already taken funds and started on the case. I emailed him today asking to be included on the next suit. I believe if he gets 10 -20 clients it could be possibly presented to a higher court. I think Club Land'or is a rip off and presented to customers under false pretenses. Please keep me informed if he contacts you to represent more clients.

Latoya C.
Oct 14, 2010

Hello I believe the ratings on BBB is false there are too many dissatisfied customers and you are absolutely correct more people need to complain. The attorney that is representing a few name is Saddler his email is ssadler@attglobal.net. If you contact him he maybe able to assist you. I am going on the BBB website and going to complain. I am also going on facebook and Twitter to inform others of the crooks they are. Hope the information is helpful Stuart R. Sadler, Esq. 3079 Rockfish Valley Highway PO Box 638 Nellysford, VA 22958

Telephone: (434) 361-0512

Latoya C.
Oct 14, 2010

Thank you latoyac7 for the reply. I am planning get as many resources to address this problem as I can. We have been Land'or members since 1998 and are really tired of dumping more money into a bottomless pit. We are both seniors and not able to travel as well as we could plus paying for Land'or sucks up the little bit of spair cash we have that could be used to visit family. I hope no one minds but I am collecting e-mail address from this site. I have wondered in the passed how to contact other Land 'or members. I am a subscriber to Tmesharing Today but hav'nt seen any topic like this in their magazine. Thanks everyone

Rita W.
Oct 14, 2010

good luck

Richard L.

Last edited by richardl527 on Oct 26, 2010 06:22 PM

Oct 14, 2010

**NOTE** For anyone who has received the last bill for energy and holdover surcharges, please don't take my word that you don't have to pay it. I was told by Marlene that it is being removed but someone else there knew nothing about that.

I believe Mr. Sadler is representing 6 clients at this time. He told me he is hoping to finish up by mid November.

I've had such a horribly stressful 2 days, much of which was spent on hold at Land'Or. My contract is up in 2012 and I have negotiated a final payoff with them (with a discount). I'm very tempted to pay it and be done with them forever. I'm not sure I want to drag this out and then run the risk of paying attorney fees but no guarantees of a monetary reward. I hope for those being represented by Mr. Sadler that they hit the jackpot!

I'm not paying out yet. I will just try to watch, and wait and see.

One last thing... If you are interested, you can go to courts.us.va and work your way through (slow) to General District court cases, then select either Henrico County or Virginia Beach City, put CLUB LAND in the name field, and see how many suits there have been against those who have not paid. The result is always garnishment. So if you decide not to pay, just make sure you know the outcome (however long it takes them to sue you).

Beth M.
Oct 14, 2010

richardl527 wrote:
how do i contact a member of this forum? I jioned and am loged in.

Hi Richard,

As a paid member of RedWeek you can use this link to contact a RedWeek customer.

http://www.redweek.com/member/contact/username/richardl527

Change the username from yours to their username.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Oct 17, 2010

I beg your pardon about always ending in garnishment - usually only if the member doesn't show up for court. The day I went, there were 15 cases on the docket but only 4 of us showed up. Here in VA Beach, Land'Or has a minimum of at least 15 cases per week - minimum. And by the way, if you look at the few cases where members sued Land Or - they usually won. I personally know 6 people who have gone to court with LandOr and none ended in garnishment, both in Henrico and VA Beach.

For you new comers, I used to post on here a lot and am the one who started the ball rolling with Attorney Sadler because he was the only one willing to take on a class action suit. I haven't talked to him lately but I geuss I need to see what is going on. I was already out of my contract when I contacted him, but I wanted to help others. I quit posting primarily because I got tired of people asking the same questions when the answers were already on here. Go back and read the 9 or 10 pages previous to this one. You will find a lot of information concerning the law, etc. Go back and read.

Mary A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.