Timeshare Companies

Omega Marketing Solutions any one had dealings with them?

Jul 09, 2009

Robert, Good Luck. I hope that you and your son in law put these people out of business. They've done so much harm and hurt to so many people. And even if you don't succeed, I know that their evil doings will not be ignored. The battle is the Lord's! I was finally reimbursed the money they took from my bank account after months and months of fighting and trying to convince the disputes department of my bank that this company is a big fraud and they stole from me. I was not able to get the money he (Chris) took off my credit cards, but I'm thankful that I received the $1499.00 that was taken out of my account. I know that you will receive your money back also, just don't give up. I didn't.

Gina H.
Jul 09, 2009

MESSAGE TO ALL - OMEGA JUST WENT OUT OF BUSINESS.

Jim C.
Jul 10, 2009

jimc273 wrote:

GREAT !!!! Hopefully other upfront fee companies will follow if enough people file complaints with the Attorney General in the state where the scammers are located. There's power in numbers, but if people just sit back and complain on interner forums, that's not going to do any good ...... they need to take action ASAP to put ALL upfront scammers out of business.

R P.
Jul 10, 2009

jimc273 wrote:
Unfortunately this means that people who were scammed will probably not get any money back.

As with many of the PCCs, they will most likely resurface under a different name.

Mike N.
Jul 10, 2009

mike1536 wrote:
jimc273 wrote:
Unfortunately this means that people who were scammed will probably not get any money back.

As with many of the PCCs, they will most likely resurface under a different name.

Their website is still up and running

Gary K.
Jul 21, 2009

Jill, what happened as a result of all your effort to get these media companies to help expose all this criminal behavior?

jillj59 wrote:
I have finally gotten the letter together and am enclosing bits and pieces from many posts and other websites regarding the scaming going on. I now am going to send the details to 20/20, 60 minutes and Nightline, which I hope helps. Everyone keep their fingers crossed, and I will let you know when I hear back from someone. If I don't hear back from one of the three of them, I am going to start contacting news stations, politicians, and anyone else I can think of. (I will do a little research on this to find out the bet channels.) Let me know if anyone has anything else to add, and I will post more details from the letter later. Have a nice week, all. Jill

Clair H.
Jul 21, 2009

For three years now I've managed a Yahoo group now populated by well over 250 people (and growing) among thousands ripped off by Copeland Marketing based in Daytona, which remanifested later as World Wide Vacation Realty (out of Georgia, then Daytona) and a couple other names - after our group worked together to put Copeland out of business. These egregious operators adapted the "standard" rip-off strategies so well-described here (and elsewhere by GaryM172).

We did everything under the sun to get the Florida Attorney General's office to prosecute or force them to refund the clients - to no avail. We never could find any attorney willing to handle a class action suit - the basic futility of that has been observed and acknowledged. We couldn't seem to get any media coverage of the problem actually rolling, though advocacy was done -- even though told this was a known problem. Only a few clients out of hundreds we organized ever got any money back - that was only accomplished early on, as a result of various individuals threatening legal action. People ripped off with credit cards charged in an unauthorized way are having perpetual problems with the credit card companies actually making the refund stick. It always boils down to one person's word against another.

Yet some among us are still trying to do "something": http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Copeland_Marketing_Investigation/

My question is - have any of you found (or even heard of) a top-flight journalist or two willing to help expose this timeshare scam "industry" in a major way? Or has that happened already and if so, what/when were the programs aired or where have the major news sources published this stuff and listed the offenders?

Perhaps a better question is, how can the hundreds of "aware and angry" timeshare reseller clients scattered around on the various forums and Yahoo groups, etc, who have been ripped off by the dozens of timeshare reseller scamers that CONTINUE TO PROLIFERATE right under our noses... how/where can we all get organized to work together to expose these scams in a MAJOR way?

Our group would sure like to join a much larger effort! I wonder what would happen if representatives of about a half dozen groups of disgruntled clients "taken in" by at least that many companies sat down with the Florida Attorney General and said "look, we aren't budging until you start acting!" (Since Florida is notorious for hosting the vast majority of these companies.)

-Clair (now living in Canberra, Australia)

Clair H.
Dec 09, 2009

As a lawyer who sues these companies, I must say that it can happen. it takes knowledge and persistence. I've been successful for clients on many claims similar to these. I currently represent a consumer against Omega. I'm gathering more information about other consumers as part of my investigation. If you have information, please contact me. Barry Gainey Gainey & McKenna

Barry G.

Last edited by marty8084 on Dec 09, 2009 11:58 PM

Jan 29, 2010

Mr. Gainey,

If you think you can realistically help us (we have 268 members in our severely disappointed Yahoo Group now) after reading the story I wrote which is posted just above your note above, I'll be most happy to give you full access to our group membership and we can proceed: http://bit.ly/arTF28

Clair Hochstetler

Clair H.
Jan 31, 2010

martinb112 wrote:
I don't know who's worse, the resale companies or the developers that set this timeshare thing all up. I had a property that I bought when I got back from fighting in Afghanistan and was truly intoxicated. I didn't really want it at all but somehow I ended up with it. I found a company called Timeshare Mortgage Relief on Google and to say the least I don't own it anymore (I even got my down payment back) This is the coolest company in the timeshare business as far as I'm concerned. ~Martin

SHILL ALERT !!!!!

R P.
Jan 31, 2010

jayjay wrote:
martinb112 wrote:
I don't know who's worse, the resale companies or the developers that set this timeshare thing all up. I had a property that I bought when I got back from fighting in Afghanistan and was truly intoxicated. I didn't really want it at all but somehow I ended up with it. I found a company called Timeshare Mortgage Relief on Google and to say the least I don't own it anymore (I even got my down payment back) This is the coolest company in the timeshare business as far as I'm concerned. ~Martin

SHILL ALERT !!!!!

Looks like this guy works for Timeshare Mortgage Relief. Absolutely a shill alert.

Marty F
Feb 01, 2010

Anyone heard of My Legal Refund? They called me and want 499.00 to get back moneys from timeshare listing scammers or so they say! 499.00 and 20 percent of all collected moneys.

Larry W.
Feb 02, 2010

larryw242 wrote:
Anyone heard of My Legal Refund? They called me and want 499.00 to get back moneys from timeshare listing scammers or so they say! 499.00 and 20 percent of all collected moneys.

This thing is like a snake eating it's tail .... they say they will get your money back from the timeshare listing scammers if only YOU will PAY them an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars .... scam upon a scam. If they were truly interested in helping you get your money back then they would charge their commission AFTER they were successful, not before.

The scammers are getting to the point of ridiculous and they are preying on the ones that hired the previous scammers to begin with .... "fool me once, it's your fault, fool me twice, it's MY fault".

R P.
Feb 03, 2010

jayjay wrote:
larryw242 wrote:

This thing is like a snake eating it's tail .... they say they will get your money back from the timeshare listing scammers if only YOU will PAY them an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars .... scam upon a scam. If they were truly interested in helping you get your money back then they would charge their commission AFTER they were successful, not before.

The scammers are getting to the point of ridiculous and they are preying on the ones that hired the previous scammers to begin with .... "fool me once, it's your fault, fool me twice, it's MY fault".

"like a snake eating it's tail" I like that.

Jim C.
Feb 03, 2010

Im going after American Marketing Group another bunch of dirtbags!! All of you that got taken make sure that you contact the state attorney general. I just learned that AMG is being sued by the Florida attorney general and they have seized their moneys!

Larry W.
May 20, 2010

This is Paul Simon, Vice President of Audit Recovery Systems, Inc. We have been investigating and targeting outfits in the timeshare resale industry. Our company is based out of Florida, where about 80% of these boiler rooms operate although we do business nationwide to assist victims of resale fraud. There is no charge to call one of our advocates and request information on any company or service that is to be performed where they want ANY money up front, no matter how little, because they will come back for more, until you are at your limits. Our advice is free our advocates, investigators, auditors, have all been working diligintly to have these companies brought up on charges and closed down for good. Rest assured though, the next way to swindle money from honest people is around the corner. We are already tracking automobile loan modification so be aware.

Thank you,

Paul

Paul S.
May 20, 2010

Don't even think of it.

Paul S.
Jun 29, 2011

For those who don't know where to go to find Mr. Simon, I discovered him and his business here: http://auditrecoverysystems.vpweb.com

I sure wish our Yahoo group - a support group I formed for timeshare resale telemarketing scam victims foisted by the Lundts a.k.a Copeland Marketing, et al, had known about this resource a long time ago! Not sure how far back a refund can be forced (its been four to seven years in our group's cases) if the scammers have long gone out of business...

-Clair Hochstetler, Canberra, Australia

pauls639 wrote:
This is Paul Simon, Vice President of Audit Recovery Systems, Inc. We have been investigating and targeting outfits in the timeshare resale industry. Our company is based out of Florida, where about 80% of these boiler rooms operate although we do business nationwide to assist victims of resale fraud. There is no charge to call one of our advocates and request information on any company or service that is to be performed where they want ANY money up front, no matter how little, because they will come back for more, until you are at your limits. Our advice is free our advocates, investigators, auditors, have all been working diligintly to have these companies brought up on charges and closed down for good. Rest assured though, the next way to swindle money from honest people is around the corner. We are already tracking automobile loan modification so be aware.

Thank you,

Paul

Clair H.
Sep 20, 2011

aliceb47 wrote:
I paid Omega Marketing $634 to sell my time share in Mass,back in October 2006. Before I paid them a Representative called me on an average of 3x,s a week.I have had no correspondence FROM them since that time at all.I have called them several times,left messages and spoken with the Receptionist. I have repeatedly been assurred that -someone -would get back to me however they have not.I find it strange that not one person has shown an interest in my timeshare, if they have shown any interest it was not conveyed to me. right now it looks as though I have thrown 634.00 out the window.
They did the same to me

Ralph L.
Sep 23, 2011

larryw242 wrote:
Im going after American Marketing Group another bunch of dirtbags!! All of you that got taken make sure that you contact the state attorney general. I just learned that AMG is being sued by the Florida attorney general and they have seized their moneys!

I could really use my $600.00 dollars back. Omega took this money five years ago and did nothing for us. Got the run around.

Ellen B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.