The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Apr 04, 2018

Yes, you are correct - I was just so angry when I started reading the notice. It is Stuart Eichner. What is even more alarming is that I emailed the Manhattan Club and asked who is the " Sponsor " referenced in the ballot info- the Sponsor gets to make selections. I soon received a reply back from the Manhattan Club stating that the Sponsor is Bruce Eichner and that he is the owner of the Manhattan Club. I immediately forwarded these emails to the attorney researching the plan to bring the class action suit. This is unbelievable. Can several of our group review the ballot info. and advise if they are coming to the same conclusion?? That the Eichners are still able to call the shots??? That Stuart Eichner signs the ballot info. as President? Am I reading all of this correctly ?

Gail J.
Apr 04, 2018

Thank you

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Apr 26, 2018 08:19 AM

Apr 04, 2018

Nonsponsored Board of Directors:

Patricia Soltys: patti.tmcny@gmail.com

James Dunphy: jdunphytmcny@outlook.com

Robert Ballot: bbb174@aol.com

* obtained from the Manhattan Club owners internet page

Kevin O.
Apr 05, 2018

ALL MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE OWNERS,

BELOW ARE THE SAME JUDAS GROUP WHO WERE ON THE BOARD. THEY SAY THEY ARE "OWNERS".......LIKE US, and maybe they are........................but.....................take it from there. the fraud, sham, lies continue.....EVEN DEFYING A COURT ORDER. VERY HARD TO BELIEVE.............. EICHNER & COMPANY LITERALLY THUMBING THEIR NOSES AT THE NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL, THE COURT, AND THE REAL COLLECTIVE OWNERS OF THE MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE.................US. i recently sent a version of bob billello''s (note around page 188-90) to the nys attorney general, copy to governor cuomo...................guess what? no response to date (and i had requested an acknowledgment of receipt of my letters.)

FOLLOW OWNERS, WHERE DO WE VICTIMS GO FROM HERE? AUTHORITIES SEEM TO BE TELLING US TO GO TO HELL AND FEND FOR OURSELVES. AS UNACCEPTABLE AS THAT NOTION IS, THAT'S SEEMS TO BE WHAT WE'RE CURRENTLY STUCK WITH, AND THERE'S NO RELIEF IN SIGHT. ANY FURTHER SUGGESTIONS?

chrisv

kevin631 wrote:
Nonsponsored Board of Directors:

Patricia Soltys: patti.tmcny@gmail.com

James Dunphy: jdunphytmcny@outlook.com

Robert Ballot: bbb174@aol.com

* obtained from the Manhattan Club owners internet page

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 05, 2018 09:38 AM

Apr 08, 2018

Who's the attorney preparing the class action?

Kwame Leslie D.
Apr 08, 2018

Is there a cost in joining the class action suit?

Stanley A.
Apr 09, 2018

Hello again to all RW readers.

Join me if in area. All owners invited. General discussion and sharing. Your views will be incorporated in RedWeek's next report on the status of the Manhattan Club trials.

Jeffrey W.
Apr 10, 2018

Whoever it is, they're not sending out questionnaires.

Bruce G.
Apr 10, 2018

When was this meeting; there was no date given in your message. Would have liked to come as we are not far.

Linda J.
Apr 10, 2018

Considering the message was posted on April 9, 2018, one might assume that the following Saturday would be April 14 2018. AT NOON.

Sharon L.

Last edited by sharon177 on Apr 10, 2018 04:21 PM

Apr 10, 2018

What time is this meeting at the Manhattan Club on Saturday 4/12?

Jim M.
Apr 10, 2018

It is on Saturday April 14 2018 at 12 noon.

Sharon L.
Apr 10, 2018

It seems it is business as usual with Eichner still controlling everything. Wish the AG had sent in an independent administrator until sponsors sell the thing. The MC ads on Booking.com and other sites are very prevalent, and yet we owners are told there is no availability for a given date. Yet we can go on line and book a room for far less than 1/7 of our annual maintenance fee. Doesn't seem to be at all fair. The AG settlement has done nothing for TMC owners

Dru M.
Apr 10, 2018

Thank you

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Apr 26, 2018 08:21 AM

Apr 11, 2018

drusillam2 wrote:
It seems it is business as usual with Eichner still controlling everything. Wish the AG had sent in an independent administrator until sponsors sell the thing. The MC ads on Booking.com and other sites are very prevalent, and yet we owners are told there is no availability for a given date. Yet we can go on line and book a room for far less than 1/7 of our annual maintenance fee. Doesn't seem to be at all fair. The AG settlement has done nothing for TMC owners

Yes, I don't get it, as I recall the settlement stated Eichner and his crew had to give up the reins to TMC and were forbidden to have any dealings whatsoever in the time share business going forward. I can't make the meeting, don't live nearby, but I hope this question is addressed and answered.

Dks
Apr 11, 2018

deborahs528 wrote:
drusillam2 wrote:

Yes, I don't get it, as I recall the settlement stated Eichner and his crew had to give up the reins to TMC and were forbidden to have any dealings whatsoever in the time share business going forward. I can't make the meeting, don't live nearby, but I hope this question is addressed and answered.

One again, here are the settlement terms in a nutshell, copied from the NYAG's website. I guess they would have to sell the place to another owner first. Are they allowed to stay on until then??

The owners and operators in this case are T. Park Central LLC, O. Park Central LLC, Park Central Management, LLC, Ian Bruce Eichner, Leslie H. Eichner, Stuart P. Eichner, Scott L. Lager, Hospitality Advisors, LLC, New York Urban Ownership Management, LLC, and Manhattan Club Marketing Group LLC.

In addition to the $6.5 million restitution to eligible timeshare owners, the settlement requires:

The owners and operators to be barred from the timeshare industry The owners and operators will sell their stakes to a third-party purchaser and relinquish management control Remove all sponsor-appointed current officers and directors from their positions as members of the Board of the Timeshare Association. Eligible timeshare owners will be contacted by a Claims Administrator at a later date about disbursement of the restitution.

Dks
Apr 11, 2018

I would like to be added to the lawsuit. I bought my 2 weeks in 1994, reconstruction. I was sold on many things.... that disappeared aka were lies. For instance, the gym would be a) BIG and b) my husband and I would be able to use the Gym whenever we desired. Not just during the weeks that we owned...(just like other timeshares' policy...after all, we are owners!) First, we discovered that the owner's wife wanted a bigger office, so the gym was "scaled down" as was the lounge/bar. But, at the time, there was no mention of owners not being able to use the gym. When I called to double check, I was told, "Sure, you can use it." Only to get there and be turned away. Nobody could get the story straight. Finally, they all got on the same page as to the NEW policy: "Because the gym was so small due to the changes of the owner's wife, so she could have a big office, Management (the wife's hubby, I suspect...and likely the wife as well) changed the rules: "ONLY folks who are staying in the rooms can use the gym." But, you all know how difficult it was to get a reservation as time passed. I have never stayed at The Manhattan Club. I was also told that the Maintenance Fees would not rise as quickly and as high as they, in fact, have thru the years. I was told that I have GOLD Status: I can book an entire week, of course, OR single days at any time/any day of the week OR break up my 7 days anyway I want. Best: that with a GOLD week, that includes weekends...any configuration. YAY! I was also promised that GOLD members can book the Meeting Rooms FREE OF CHARGE...for meetings, rehearsals or parties. NICE! I loved that! If we brought in food, we would only have to pay a $75 cleaning fee. Excellent, eh? This PERK was not there when I attempted to book it. Oh, I could book it but for fees in the hundreds of dollars. Not sure if this is still a perk or not cuz I've never attempted to do this: PARKING would be discounted at $17/24 hours. The last biggie is this promise. which is the WORST letdown: "We will never let the value of your ownership (weeks) go down. Definitely, not just below my Pre-construction price, but at full market value. This is Manhattan, it's an island which makes it only more and more valuable as there's less and less room for construction. TMC will make sure that the sales prices stay high because we have it in the documents that owners must present any offers to buy your week because we have "first right of approval to either buy it ourselves for that price or not. That way we can keep the prices up." HA! The only plus left is that I get great trading value with RCI!

So YES...I want to join your lawsuit. Sorry if you were only looking for a simple "YES, I'm in." Feel free to delete. Good luck to us all! Thanks.

alexc100 wrote:
MC owners opened a lawsuite / class action in regards to the MC resrvations.

Everyone who is inerested to join the class action please contact me at alexcrystal22@gmail.com

You will be asked to fill out the Survey and send it or email the lawyer's office. It is urgent! Regards, Alex

Susan K.
Apr 11, 2018

Just emailed AlexCrystal22@gmail.com which FAILED: this email does not exist.

Susan K.
Apr 11, 2018

Susan, This is the email of the attorney, Mr. Zimmerman who sent out the survey. jmz@zimllp.com

Karen B.
Apr 11, 2018

susank727,

yep, add your slew of MANHATTAN HOUSE OF HORRORS.....AKA.... CLUB disappointments to the cumulative hundreds, more likely thousands, of other oners' disappointments and complaints. i added my name to become a part of this current (i assume) class action suit. keep in mind that three other lawsuits were filed over the years, and not one of them achieved success. i, for one, am not aware of this attorney's "track record" of cases such as ours. i have more "homework" to do. perhaps the attorney in question would offer us specific concrete information concerning his past outcomes and track record in cases such as ours. this would offer us more confidence in his ability to assist us.

i still believe that the new york state attorney general, eric schneiderman and the ny governor andrew cuomo should come to our assistance in the SETTLEMENT part of this victorious (for mr scheiderman) lawsuit. owners are still in limbo and NO ONE has even made an attempt to explain the real terms of this so-called settlement and how it will significantly impact on us to our collective advantage.

writing to mr schneiderman and governor has not produced even an acknowledgment of receipt of my letters to them. does that tell you anything, e.g., like who cares about us and our losses and the new york court system in general?

stay well. keep in touch.

chrisv

susank727 wrote:
I would like to be added to the lawsuit. I bought my 2 weeks in 1994, reconstruction. I was sold on many things.... that disappeared aka were lies. For instance, the gym would be a) BIG and b) my husband and I would be able to use the Gym whenever we desired. Not just during the weeks that we owned...(just like other timeshares' policy...after all, we are owners!) First, we discovered that the owner's wife wanted a bigger office, so the gym was "scaled down" as was the lounge/bar. But, at the time, there was no mention of owners not being able to use the gym. When I called to double check, I was told, "Sure, you can use it." Only to get there and be turned away. Nobody could get the story straight. Finally, they all got on the same page as to the NEW policy: "Because the gym was so small due to the changes of the owner's wife, so she could have a big office, Management (the wife's hubby, I suspect...and likely the wife as well) changed the rules: "ONLY folks who are staying in the rooms can use the gym." But, you all know how difficult it was to get a reservation as time passed. I have never stayed at The Manhattan Club. I was also told that the Maintenance Fees would not rise as quickly and as high as they, in fact, have thru the years. I was told that I have GOLD Status: I can book an entire week, of course, OR single days at any time/any day of the week OR break up my 7 days anyway I want. Best: that with a GOLD week, that includes weekends...any configuration. YAY! I was also promised that GOLD members can book the Meeting Rooms FREE OF CHARGE...for meetings, rehearsals or parties. NICE! I loved that! If we brought in food, we would only have to pay a $75 cleaning fee. Excellent, eh? This PERK was not there when I attempted to book it. Oh, I could book it but for fees in the hundreds of dollars. Not sure if this is still a perk or not cuz I've never attempted to do this: PARKING would be discounted at $17/24 hours. The last biggie is this promise. which is the WORST letdown: "We will never let the value of your ownership (weeks) go down. Definitely, not just below my Pre-construction price, but at full market value. This is Manhattan, it's an island which makes it only more and more valuable as there's less and less room for construction. TMC will make sure that the sales prices stay high because we have it in the documents that owners must present any offers to buy your week because we have "first right of approval to either buy it ourselves for that price or not. That way we can keep the prices up." HA! The only plus left is that I get great trading value with RCI!

So YES...I want to join your lawsuit. Sorry if you were only looking for a simple "YES, I'm in." Feel free to delete. Good luck to us all! Thanks.

alexc100 wrote:
MC owners opened a lawsuite / class action in regards to the MC resrvations.

Everyone who is inerested to join the class action please contact me at alexcrystal22@gmail.com

You will be asked to fill out the Survey and send it or email the lawyer's office. It is urgent! Regards, Alex

Chris V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.