Closed
General Discussion

point rental liquidators

Mar 23, 2012

alanm232 wrote:
Sorry about my last post. Ment to say my brother bought in 3 months ago and will get paid. But anyways, to answer your question yes they will rent them and they don't give points back because they will be rented. They may not be rented from prl but once you give them to prl they are rented to them pretty much. That's why it's a guarantee they will rent and pay you. I wish I could get a copy of my check from them on here to show y'all but I can't. But like the other person on here said, more money for me. :). :) god bless

There is no guarantee that ANYTHING can be rented = red flag bigtime.

R P.
Mar 23, 2012

Ok.. Not here to argue but it's in the contract and I have been paid, not once but twice... Do as you please.

Alan M.
Mar 23, 2012

Sounds like the Nigerian lottery to me that I won numerous times too.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Mar 23, 2012 03:05 PM

Apr 22, 2012

donp196 wrote:
After reading these post I get very annoyed. There are so many bored people that write a review that have NO clue what they are talking about. I am familiar with the company because I bought a deed at sunset harbor resort in Willis TX. It allows me to convert the 5 fixed week timeshares into RCI platinum points. We did not need another timeshare, we needed the benefits that came along with it, and in return I have received 2 checks from renting out my left over points with PRL. The 2 checks have totaled a lot more than what I have invested. We are traveling the same amount as we did before, but now we get a check every year and we get what resort we want! By purchasing a deed with sunset harbor it allows you to throw what you have into the points system because sunset harbor is an RCI platinum points resort. It's 2012 now people, it's not the 90's.... Start trusting again within reason. It's not fair to people who need help with their timeshare to have to read BS on here that is not true. Most people posting have no idea about the resort, PRL, or RCI points.

John W.
Apr 22, 2012

I smell a shill.

Don P.
Apr 22, 2012

To Donp106,

A shill? I have had the deed at sunset harbor for 18 months. It has worked for me and I'm sorry if it has not for you. You have made 4 post talking about the Nigerian lottery. I having trouble understanding what that has to do with anyone of these posts. Do you know how it works? I base my posts off of facts, not assumptions or boredom. People can say whatever they want about whomever they want.

John W.
Apr 23, 2012

johnw1386 wrote:
Start trusting again within reason. It's not fair to people who need help with their timeshare to have to read BS on here that is not true. Most people posting have no idea about the resort, PRL, or RCI points.

You say "start trusting again with reason" ..... are you aware of the thousands of scams out there dealing with timeshares? Until, or unless, there are hundreds of positive testimonials concerning this company on a reputable website or in the media then we shall remain untrusting.

R P.
Apr 23, 2012

alanm232 wrote:
That's why it's a guarantee they will rent and pay you. I wish I could get a copy of my check from them on here to show y'all but I can't. But like the other person on here said, more money for me. :). :) god bless

One more time, there is NO GUARANTEE that any owned timeshare or points can be rented.

R P.
May 06, 2012

I bought last August at Sunset Harbor through PRL. I converted a weeks timeshare along with my purchase to accumulate over 100k points. To date I have not received any rental payments as was promised by the salesperson. Can someone assist me?

Chuck T.
May 06, 2012

chuckt46 wrote:
I bought last August at Sunset Harbor through PRL. I converted a weeks timeshare along with my purchase to accumulate over 100k points. To date I have not received any rental payments as was promised by the salesperson. Can someone assist me?

If you bought in August that means that you probably didn't get your deed until November or December. That would make your payout between July 15th and August 15th. Do you have a payout flow chart? They do it in quarterly cycles. We got one on our fridge. :-) Every year we use our money to pay our maintenance fees and our property taxes on our actual house. One year we got an assessment from Liki Tiki (our 1st timeshare resort) and our personal rep BJ called them and talked them into dropping it to $0. We have been so blessed. Did you try calling him? He's the head liaison for the company. I think he might just service the midwest and oversee the rest. I don't really know. Good luck Chuck

Matt D.
May 07, 2012

mattd122 wrote:
If you bought in August that means that you probably didn't get your deed until November or December. That would make your payout between July 15th and August 15th. Do you have a payout flow chart? They do it in quarterly cycles. We got one on our fridge. :-) Every year we use our money to pay our maintenance fees and our property taxes on our actual house. One year we got an assessment from Liki Tiki (our 1st timeshare resort) and our personal rep BJ called them and talked them into dropping it to $0. We have been so blessed. Did you try calling him? He's the head liaison for the company. I think he might just service the midwest and oversee the rest. I don't really know. Good luck Chuck

There's no way a personal rep (as you call it) for some company could get you out of a special assessment .... that WOULD NOT be fair to other owners that did pay .... it's a resort's HOA or management company that bill for such things as special assessments and maintenance fees and there are strict records kept.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 07, 2012 08:52 AM

May 07, 2012

Jayjay, you, as usual, have no idea what your talking about. How can you sit there and tell me what I did or didn't pay? I received a $350 assessment for a furniture upgrade. I told my personal rep about it and he asked me to send him a copy. He then called me two days later and told me it was taken care of. He said that maintenance fees are supposed to cover taxes, insurance, activities, amenities, and upkeep. Furniture falls into the upkeep section. When I asked how I got out of it he said that whenever a resort puts out an assessment they plan a certain percentage of people not to pay because they complain a lot or threaten to stop paying their fees. Two weeks later I received a letter from them letting me know my assessment has been waived. Mr know-it-all "jayjay," do you think that when a resort puts out an assessment that every single owner ponies up? I'd think not... So again, please don't tell me what I have or haven't paid and how my resort's assessments work. In fact, from the readings you don't even have PRL or Sunset Harbor. Why don't you take your negative ass to a forum subject that actually has something to do with you? Enjoy your maintenance and assessments. I haven't payed either in years. I can't tell if your issue is ignorance or jealousy but please go away.

Matt D.
May 10, 2012

Here's a warning from the American Resort Developers Association (ARDA-ROC):

http://www.ardaroc.org/roc/news-events/default.aspx?id=3571

Lance C.
May 12, 2012

I received my check yesterday. I put in 60,000 assorted points and got $5100 back. When I signed up in June they said it would be the end of the year and it didn't come until may 10th! They do offer a payout chart that we're going to use in the future. My advice is to go by the chart and not what the representatives say. We've been using VSI to travel and PRL to rent. We gave up on timeshare since RCI stinks but then met with representatives in Ann Arbor last year. We've actually been getting exchanges through VSI (with no exchange fees or guest fees) and we just got a check from PRL. However we were told the payout would be in 3-6 but it was more like 6-9 months. It was worth the wait but wish they would have been a little more upfront with us on the timeline...

Richard O.
May 12, 2012

This is interesting. I feel bad for these guys for the misunderstanding. We bought from them two years ago. They represented themselves as Sunset Harbor and Vacation Services International. The only "ARDA" thing that got mentioned was when they went over the RCI class action lawsuit and said that RCI really didn't do anything wrong. Everything we read about the lawsuit on google matched what the presenters say. They said that ARDA helps the growth and honesty of the industry. We kept all of our notes. I bet that ARDA wouldn't be posting that if they heard how their name is used in the presentations. The program and customer service has been top notch for us. We've gotten 4 exchanges through VSI and 2 checks from PRL. It's nice not paying maintenance anymore. I'm 75 years old and my husband is 79 and with this damn Obama messing things up we need all the help we can get!

Katherine T.
May 13, 2012

katherinet50 wrote:
This is interesting. I feel bad for these guys for the misunderstanding. We bought from them two years ago. They represented themselves as Sunset Harbor and Vacation Services International. The only "ARDA" thing that got mentioned was when they went over the RCI class action lawsuit and said that RCI really didn't do anything wrong. Everything we read about the lawsuit on google matched what the presenters say. They said that ARDA helps the growth and honesty of the industry. We kept all of our notes. I bet that ARDA wouldn't be posting that if they heard how their name is used in the presentations. The program and customer service has been top notch for us. We've gotten 4 exchanges through VSI and 2 checks from PRL. It's nice not paying maintenance anymore. I'm 75 years old and my husband is 79 and with this damn Obama messing things up we need all the help we can get!

What is the upfront cost to join this club and what did you do with the timeshares you owned .... remember you signed a legal contract to buy those timeshares and they're still yours until the ownership is transferred to someone else.

R P.
May 17, 2012

johnw1386 wrote:
donp196 wrote:
After reading these post I get very annoyed. There are so many bored people that write a review that have NO clue what they are talking about. I am familiar with the company because I bought a deed at sunset harbor resort in Willis TX. It allows me to convert the 5 fixed week timeshares into RCI platinum points. We did not need another timeshare, we needed the benefits that came along with it, and in return I have received 2 checks from renting out my left over points with PRL. The 2 checks have totaled a lot more than what I have invested. We are traveling the same amount as we did before, but now we get a check every year and we get what resort we want! By purchasing a deed with sunset harbor it allows you to throw what you have into the points system because sunset harbor is an RCI platinum points resort. It's 2012 now people, it's not the 90's.... Start trusting again within reason. It's not fair to people who need help with their timeshare to have to read BS on here that is not true. Most people posting have no idea about the resort, PRL, or RCI points.

Diane
May 17, 2012

My husband and I just found out about Vacation Services and PRL. We are checking to see if they are a legit company. How long have you been with them?

Diane
May 29, 2012

My wife and I attended a dinner meeting where the Sunset Harbor reps. made all kinds of promises re: how PRL would pay my credit card that they foisted on me. A high interest one at that. We would only have to make a few payments. Stupid us. This was done in sept of 2011. PRL has yet to give a payout. Now claim it will come in Oct. It appears to me that Sunset Harbor, RCI , Bank of America and PRL are in some kind of sceem to get you to belong to them. I am now stuck with a high credit card debt which I have never had. This is the 3rd time I have been Had. I will learn someday.

Donald C.
May 30, 2012

donaldc215 wrote:
My wife and I attended a dinner meeting where the Sunset Harbor reps. made all kinds of promises re: how PRL would pay my credit card that they foisted on me. A high interest one at that. We would only have to make a few payments. Stupid us. This was done in sept of 2011. PRL has yet to give a payout. Now claim it will come in Oct. It appears to me that Sunset Harbor, RCI , Bank of America and PRL are in some kind of sceem to get you to belong to them. I am now stuck with a high credit card debt which I have never had. This is the 3rd time I have been Had. I will learn someday.

Fool me once it's your fault .... fool me twice it's my fault.

R P.

This thread is closed. Try searching for a topic or browse our list of forums to join the discussion.