Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Current Fees - to Renter and Owner

Mar 20, 2022

Yes, the current processing fee is 6% of the rental price.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Sep 13, 2022

If a resort charges a resort fee, does a renter pay this? Does an owner at Vidanta even pay a resort fee? I ask this because if I were to do an exchange through Interval International, I would pay a resort fee of $900 to Vidanta for the week (just a couple of years ago it was $75!). I was just curious if one benefit of renting through Redweek would be not having to pay the resort fee.

Kristine Y.
Sep 13, 2022

If we are aware of any resort fees that a renter will pay, a notification is added to all the rental postings for that resort.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 06, 2022

Well now the service fee charged to renters is 7%.

Kristina A.
Nov 23, 2022

What happens to owner if renter backs out?

Jana K.
Nov 23, 2022

If the renter backs out, what happens is based on the terms of the rental agreement and the cancellation policy the owner has selected. The owner chooses one of these three options:

Flexible: 100% refund up to 60 days before check-in

Moderate: 50% refund up to 60 days before check-in

Strict: No refunds

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 23, 2022 06:47 PM

Dec 02, 2022

Can I cancel any future $18.99 monthly membership fees to Red Week after I secure my timeshare rental? If I am using this one time, I don't want to have to pay $240.00 extra for the membership. How do I cancel?

Sharon S.
Dec 02, 2022

Sharon: Your membership fee is annual, not monthly. So you pay $18.99 for a 12-month membership. We do not keep your credit card on file, so if you choose not to renew your membership after one year, your account will simple revert back to a free guest account.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Dec 05, 2022

How much are each of the individual fees and taxes paid by the owner and renter for a 12-30 -22 to 1-6-23 rental at Summit Watch in Park City UT for a 4500 listing price?

Ted H
Dec 14, 2022

Hello. Is the charge still 6% of the rental price if renting a week through Redweek if it's "verified and protected." Are there any other fees. Thank you

Al T.
Dec 15, 2022

What is the sales tax on a week rental of $4,300? Is the tax included in the rental price of $4,300. How it the tax paid by the owner of the rental. The full service rental information includes a notification to the IRS What does that mean?

Margaret L.
Dec 21, 2022

Since the rental units are no longer listed by date I listed my Marriott Florida time share with verified and protected. When I checked the listing redweek is charging a booking fee plus Florida taxes it adds $500 to the rental price. No-one is going to pay that. Why do they charge the florida tax? If I don't do the verified and protected no one will ever see my listing. Its a loose loose now on this site. Any suggestions?

Caroline L.
Jan 30, 2023

Everything I read a above says there is a 6% fee with a "verified" rental through Redweek (full service booking). So why was I charged $122.50 for a week rental of $1250. Has that 6% now icrease to almost 10%?

Komal A.
Aug 03, 2023

I am a travel agent and would consider Redweek as a source for booking client vacations. Does Redweek offer a commission to the travel agent for this type of transaction?

Steven W.
Aug 18, 2023

I am seeing a fee of $475 on a weekly rental of $5,000. That is almost 10%....wow.

Gregory N.
Nov 02, 2023

I am posting my unit for $3600 and renter is being charged $349 service fee. That is about 9.6 % . Is this correct on a verified and protected listing?

Lauren L.
Nov 15, 2023

Those are a lot of good questions NOT being answered publicly.

Gary P.
Dec 22, 2023

Yikes, I was going to become a member to rent properties but decided not to because of the hidden fee confusion. The ads should be straight forward about what fees to expect. IE: A resort fee of x%, a transaction fee of x%, a processing fee of x%, a tax fee of x%. We shouldn't be expected to pay a member fee to contact an owner who may advise that the rate advertised will be several hundred dollars more than the advertised price.

K G.
Dec 23, 2023

keng307 wrote:
Yikes, I was going to become a member to rent properties but decided not to because of the hidden fee confusion. The ads should be straight forward about what fees to expect. IE: A resort fee of x%, a transaction fee of x%, a processing fee of x%, a tax fee of x%. We shouldn't be expected to pay a member fee to contact an owner who may advise that the rate advertised will be several hundred dollars more than the advertised price.

Bear in mind that any advertising owner can always opt to handle all rental details themselves after paying the basic RedWeek ad fees (and getting RedWeek Verified for an additional $10), in which case most of those other RedWeek fees become non-existent for both the owner and the renter. Taxes and resort fees are not RedWeek charges at all btw — they are a cost associated with ANY rental (although most resorts do not actually charge a “resort fee”).

If an owner wants someone else to do all of the rental work for them, they should expect to pay for those services (in my personal opinion). On those rare occasions when I rent out any of the timeshare weeks that I own, I handle ALL rental details myself and the rental cost is the ONLY cost that the tenant pays. A would-be tenant can always opt to limit their potential rental choices to ONLY owner-direct rentals.

Despite some annoying shortcomings, for a $18.99 annual membership fee RedWeek is still probably the best timeshare rental site in existence anywhere, whether as an owner or as a renter. There is no free lunch. Just sayin’…

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 24, 2023 05:31 AM

Jan 23, 2024

Please confirm renter and seller fees. We rented one week of a property on Hilton head island. We paid our membership fee, the cost to list and expect the $99 fee if it rents. Are there any other costs to us? Does the renter pay all the sales tax?

Jennifer H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.