The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

May 08, 2018

Has anyone reached out to the board of directors on anything related to the lawsuit?

Todd H.
May 08, 2018

chrisv126 wrote:
this has little or anything to do with schneiderman vs ian bruce eichner; but yes i would not want him to represent my interests (if the allegations are true) in the future. regardless, he did little or anything, in any event, for us owners during the law suit. the so-called "settlement" is worth nada.

maybe there will be something to do with schneiderman vs ian bruce eichner? what about letting a new AG know that the owners are not happy with the settlement? maybe another several hundred letters will push a new AG into a discovery or revision of the terms of the settlement? and political aspect might play a significant role in the drama...

Great article on the AG resignation here : https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/four-women-accuse-new-yorks-attorney-general-of-physical-abuse

Fibo N.
May 08, 2018

I wouldn't be surprised if Eichner was aware of Schneiderman's sexual proclivities and threatened to reveal it unless Schneiderman went easy on the settlement.

Paul D.
May 09, 2018

I hope that was posted in jest. We certainly do not need to consider conspiracy theories.

pauld623 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Eichner was aware of Schneiderman's sexual proclivities and threatened to reveal it unless Schneiderman went easy on the settlement.

William M.

Last edited by williamm465 on May 09, 2018 04:31 AM

May 09, 2018

In my opinion, Eric Schneiderman was never interested in helping the owners of TMC. We helped him by providing the ammunition for him to go after Eichner. Schneiderman was only interested in scoring another victory to add to his list of other wins as NYAG. It was Judge Eileen Rakower who recommended the owners be considered in the settlement terms. I would imagine such a recommendation from a Judge, would carry some weight, hence, the settlement we got.

Dks
May 09, 2018

In the meantime, everything is 'status-quo' at TMC!

Jim M.
May 09, 2018

Agreed. The year 2017 was filled with proclivities in Mr. Schneiderman' personal life that could be easily investigated by the interested party. A quotation from The New Yorker' article: "On the morning of January 19, 2017... Schneiderman called Selvaratnam(his mistress at that time) from a hospital emergency room. She recalls, “He told me that he’d been drinking the night before, and he fell down. He didn’t realize he’d cut himself, and got into bed, and when he woke up he was in a pool of blood.” Selvaratnam rushed to the hospital. Schneiderman had several stitches above his left eye; his face was puffy and bruised. He had her send his press secretary a photograph of the injury, and they agreed to cancel a public appearance. In the image, which was shared with The New Yorker, Schneiderman has a black eye and a bandage across the left side of his forehead. Schneiderman then called Cunningham, his ex-wife and political consultant, and they agreed that he and Selvaratnam should tell anyone who asked about the injury that he had fallen “while running.”

Amazingly, there is an American television drama series "Billions" that premiered on Showtime in 2016. The series is loosely based on the activities of crusading federal prosecutor of financial crimes, the former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York (!), and his legal battles with NYC hedge fund manager . The attorney was engaged in the role-playing activities...

Read the article that lead to Mr. Schneiderman' resignation ! https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/four-women-accuse-new-yorks-attorney-general-of-physical-abuse

pauld623 wrote:

Fibo N.
May 10, 2018

fibon wrote:
Agreed. The year 2017 was filled with proclivities in Mr. Schneiderman' personal life that could be easily investigated by the interested party. A quotation from The New Yorker' article: "On the morning of January 19, 2017... Schneiderman called Selvaratnam(his mistress at that time) from a hospital emergency room. She recalls, “He told me that he’d been drinking the night before, and he fell down. He didn’t realize he’d cut himself, and got into bed, and when he woke up he was in a pool of blood.” Selvaratnam rushed to the hospital. Schneiderman had several stitches above his left eye; his face was puffy and bruised. He had her send his press secretary a photograph of the injury, and they agreed to cancel a public appearance. In the image, which was shared with The New Yorker, Schneiderman has a black eye and a bandage across the left side of his forehead. Schneiderman then called Cunningham, his ex-wife and political consultant, and they agreed that he and Selvaratnam should tell anyone who asked about the injury that he had fallen “while running.”

Amazingly, there is an American television drama series "Billions" that premiered on Showtime in 2016. The series is loosely based on the activities of crusading federal prosecutor of financial crimes, the former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York (!), and his legal battles with NYC hedge fund manager . The attorney was engaged in the role-playing activities...

Read the article that lead to Mr. Schneiderman' resignation ! https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/four-women-accuse-new-yorks-attorney-general-of-physical-abuse

pauld623 wrote:

Wow. I knew that once this story Concerning the Attorney General came out that it would be mentioned on this site. However this type of gossip probably is not Necessary for our purposes. Describing a television show is really a waste of time when we are just interested in the issues at the Manhattan Club.

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on May 10, 2018 04:52 AM

May 10, 2018

AMEN

kevin631 wrote:
fibon wrote:

pauld623 wrote:

Wow. I knew that once this story Concerning the Attorney General came out that it would be mentioned on this site. However this type of gossip probably is not Necessary for our purposes. Describing a television show is really a waste of time when we are just interested in the issues at the Manhattan Club.

William M.
May 10, 2018

Amen

williamm465 wrote:
AMEN

kevin631 wrote:
fibon wrote:

pauld623 wrote:

William M.
May 10, 2018

Deborah is correct. It was only the original judge Eileen Rakower in the TMC case who interjected some relief for Owners. The judge got thousands of letters from TMC owners regarding the case. The NY AG could not have cared less. I was at the hearings. It was the Judge and the Judge only who brought up the concerns of owners.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
May 10, 2018

I agree with Irene. It was owner activism (writing to the Judge and others) that prompted the Judge to consider the owners' interests.

Vivien S.
May 10, 2018

In my opinion, Eric Schneiderman was never interested in helping the owners of TMC. We helped him by providing the ammunition for him to go after Eichner. Schneiderman was only interested in scoring another victory to add to his list of other wins as NYAG. It was Judge Eileen Rakower who recommended the owners be considered in the settlement terms. I would imagine such a recommendation from a Judge, would carry some weight, hence, the settlement we got.

irenes93 wrote:
Deborah is correct. It was only the original judge Eileen Rakower in the TMC case who interjected some relief for Owners. The judge got thousands of letters from TMC owners regarding the case. The NY AG could not have cared less. I was at the hearings. It was the Judge and the Judge only who brought up the concerns of owners.

Irene Smalls

so fellow owners, schneiderman won his court case vs eichner earning him another cap feather towards future re-election (WHICH WILL NOT HAPPEN ANYWAY!) he couldn't have cared less about us owners. it seems he didn't have much respect for others even closer to him than us owners thereby putting us at the lowest point of his priorities during the court case...........as long as he was victorious. as the new york state attorney general, his major functional thrusts and responsibilities should have been the public's protection against fraud, preservation of safety and civil and consumer rights, ecological issues and the various offshoots of these responsibilities. it appears that portions of these functions and responsibilities remained at schneiderman's discretion rather than that of duties demanded by his job, especially concerning the demeaning acceptance of THE MANHATTAN CLUB "SETTLEMENT" which now currently remains a disgrace in the office of the new york state attorney general. acting new york state attorney general, barbara underwood should now start picking up the broken pieces of this legal tragedy of a lawsuit and get things right for owners and new york state. eichner needs to sit and commiserate with the likes of bernie madoff for a long while, and pay us our share of losses sustained by our ownership in THE MANHATTAN CLUB.

this manhattan club case should be studied and scrutinized by the next acting attorney general and reopened with the initial stipulations that the concerns of owners be a major part of any settlement. FRAUD , be it at sales presentations, or via mail invitations to presentations, is a punishable crime, and one deserving of the defendant being made to make full restitution to owners who were defrauded, if convicted. justice here should be swift, and eichner should be stopped from any further connections whatsoever with the manhattan club. even his ownrship of shares should be nullified and voided.

Chris V.
May 10, 2018

Re: Schneiderman, once again it is/was all about power. The truth is stranger than fiction. And justice, sad to say plays a small role in our legal system. One teeny tiny consolation, in view of recent events, shows us that Schneiderman is a scumbag, every bit as bad as Eichner. No wonder we didn't fare well under either of them. Gratitude to Judge Rakower for what we got and still hope to see: some reimbursements, ability to sell/get out of ownership, reasonable fees and fair and decent owners to take over TMC. Here is hoping for the best!

Dks
May 10, 2018

I have tried several times to reply to Alex to be included in the law suit, without success. Please include me at rhbmobley@yahoo.com, or advise me on a better way to be included.

Roseanne M.
May 10, 2018

Schneiderman was married to the Deep State democrates in Albany. That is why our lawsuit was a shame. Eicher is also a very powerful person. Was there collusion and maybe payoffs from Eichner to Schneiderman. Did Schneidermans's known terrible drinking problem have an affect on the Manhattan Club Lawsuit? Many Alicandro is running against Schneiderman,although that may be a mute point now. I think there should be an investigation and full disclosure of financial records,etc between Eichner and Schneiderman, by the Governor and Many Alicandro. Manny Alicandro@gmail.com 646 509-3842.,he shoud be given the info to access our situation and the results of the lawsuit. Everyone should write the Governor ,and Alicandro. There has to be some connection here.since the results of the suit,a shame ,the time it has taken and nothing has been done,and Eichner is not in Jail. Just my opinion. There is something that is not right. Someone has to do a complete investigation on Schneiderman.

Bruce D.
May 10, 2018

I notice in the Schedule B Footnotes (#12) for budget 2019 we still have that Management fee of $6,482,049.

This is in ADDITION to $21,133,775 for LABOR (Footnote #1) which includes a general manager. The footnote that the MANAGEMENT FEE does not even describe labor but just is defined as 20% of the annual revenue.

Perhaps once Eichner is off this "management agreement" and no longer participating, this 20% extraction can be eliminated, or at least reduced to something more like 2%.

I hope you all got your link to the 2019 budget in an owners update letter. It's dated March 19, but I just noticed it! Will this link only work for me, or is it public? http://66.221.73.70/Annual-Budget/2019/FootnotestoScheduleB.html

Anne O.
May 10, 2018

The link is viewable to anyone who discovers it.

Jim M.
May 11, 2018

kevin631 wrote:
fibon wrote:

pauld623 wrote:

I think it is normal and understandable that someone (s) on this forum would bring up the news about the NYAG and the program on TV. First the news about Schneiderman speaks to what kind of person he is and what personal issues he has which very likely influenced the outcome of the investigation in some way or another. Second, learning this made me think, no wonder we got the outcome we did because we hoped he was about justice and now we see he wasn't and he had serious issues influencing his thinking and decision making. It makes me have more understanding as to why things went the way they did. Third, re: the TV program, our situation could have been the basis on which the show was predicated. The comparison is eerily similar and as I said truth is stranger than fiction. It would have been surprising if no one on the forum said anything and saying it is a kind of vindication for lack of a better expression. After everything everyone has been through, we at least deserve that.

Dks
May 11, 2018

bruce, all of your notations and alleged connections should be investigated. it certainly appears, as you strongly suggested, that there is a strong possibility of connections unfavorable to the SETTLEMENT (BUL*****) that was finally handed down. now we're faced with this SETTLEMENT and it seems that NO ONE knows how to handle it..............AND EICHNER IS STILL IN (ALBEIT UNDERCOVER) TOTAL COMMAND. what the hell gives? isn't there any legal eagle who sees through this sham and fraud that we owners are still cemented to. where are albany........read cuomo......and other legal leaders who work for us. no one seems to want to stick his/her neck out and call this SETTLEMENT complete nonsense and re-evaluate and re-try THE MANHATTAN CLUB LITIGATION ISSUE to the benefit of those harmed: OWNERS OF MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE time

bruced162 wrote:
Schneiderman was married to the Deep State democrates in Albany. That is why our lawsuit was a shame. Eicher is also a very powerful person. Was there collusion and maybe payoffs from Eichner to Schneiderman. Did Schneidermans's known terrible drinking problem have an affect on the Manhattan Club Lawsuit? Many Alicandro is running against Schneiderman,although that may be a mute point now. I think there should be an investigation and full disclosure of financial records,etc between Eichner and Schneiderman, by the Governor and Many Alicandro. Manny Alicandro@gmail.com 646 509-3842.,he shoud be given the info to access our situation and the results of the lawsuit. Everyone should write the Governor ,and Alicandro. There has to be some connection here.since the results of the suit,a shame ,the time it has taken and nothing has been done,and Eichner is not in Jail. Just my opinion. There is something that is not right. Someone has to do a complete investigation on Schneiderman.

Chris V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.