Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone have experience with Castle Law Group, PC out of Tennessee

Jun 05, 2018

ronc393 wrote:
Why and how do all these companies stay in business legally?

All of these assorted thieving parasites continue to exist (and thrive) because desperate people continue to pay them several thousand dollars upfront in the (futile) hope of a magical escape from an unwanted timeshare ownership. There is no enforceable contract, no guarantee of results, no magic.

The "exit / relief / escape / rescue" parasites might do nothing at all, or they might make a phone call or two or send a form letter or two, but in the final analysis they possess no legal or magical powers whatsoever. Most resorts just summarily ignore any contact from these impotent entities. As long as desperate people continue to voluntarily send these parasites serious money for no good reason and no results, these parasites will continue to thrive. It's sad and pathetic, but absolutely true nonetheless.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 07, 2018 03:37 AM

Jun 05, 2018

I used castle law group with no luck. we bought a timeshare in Gatlinburg in 2004, we tried several times to make arrangements to stay, but never could, they said they were booked. my husband passed away in 2006, and was contacted by Castle to help me sell it or/and get rid of maintenance fees. that was about 18 months ago. I kept trying to contact them with no luck. finally I got an email with a new # and email, I tried several times to call, no luck. then I read the stories on this site that they t bankrupt, or there was an employee at stole their money and are trying to regroup. I called and emailed them again. I finally got an email that said to give them 3-6 more months. I'll kjust have to wait and see.

Linda C.
Jun 06, 2018

No return phone calls I've left. Very poor communication, the last contact I received was from a Judson Phillips. I emailed him back on the same day I read his letter of May 18, 2018. I had not heard from Castle Law Group in nearly 2 and a half years. My credit has taken an extreme nose dive within the last 2 weeks. The promise of the initial upfront fee of $3500.00 was to include restoration of negative credit. I have lossed out in a total of approximately $8,000 plus which this total includes the downpayment for the Wyndham vacation ownership. Would appreciate your acknowledgement as soon as you read this.

Brenda K.
Jun 07, 2018

brendak250 wrote:
No return phone calls I've left. Very poor communication, the last contact I received was from a Judson Phillips. I emailed him back on the same day I read his letter of May 18, 2018. I had not heard from Castle Law Group in nearly 2 and a half years. My credit has taken an extreme nose dive within the last 2 weeks. The promise of the initial upfront fee of $3500.00 was to include restoration of negative credit. I have lossed out in a total of approximately $8,000 plus which this total includes the downpayment for the Wyndham vacation ownership. Would appreciate your acknowledgement as soon as you read this.

Apparently, you haven't read many of the nearly 450 posts in this thread. Jeff Johnson has been gone from Castle Law Group for several years now. Judson Phillips, who is the principal in Castle Law Group, has his own legal problems as the respondent in at least three separate lawsuits in Federal court in Florida. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for any meaningful response or action from CLG.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 07, 2018 03:45 AM

Jun 10, 2018

You don't need to pay anyone to get rid of your timeshare. You can do it yourself for as little as postage or an email. If you purchased outside the U.S., you can simply walk away. If an attorney can guarantee it, so can you do it yourself.

I am a former timeshare sales and marketing representative for several resorts in the U.S., Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean Islands.

Wayne C.

Last edited by vhines on Jul 25, 2018 07:58 AM

Jun 11, 2018

You can contact the resort, but I wouldn't pay them anything. If you have paid for the timeshare in full, you can simply send them a letter and there is nothing they can do except try and scare you. You owe them nothing. They will foreclose and resell the timeshare for the current market value. Don't let them scare you. Pay them nothing except a thank you letter.

Wayne C.

Last edited by vhines on Jul 25, 2018 07:58 AM

Jun 11, 2018

Just tell them that you have already sold the timeshare and no longer need their business. Then, you can get rid of the timeshare yourself for free. It is very easy.

Wayne C.

Last edited by vhines on Jul 25, 2018 07:59 AM

Jun 11, 2018

Do not waste your time or money. It costs you nothing to get rid of your timeshare as long as it's paid for.

I have worked with numerous resorts in the U.S., Mexico, Caribbean and Canada.

Wayne C.

Last edited by vhines on Jul 25, 2018 07:59 AM

Jun 11, 2018

well, how about y'all giving me my money back, its been over 18 months, which was the time limit Mr Gates gave me. MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

Linda C.
Jun 11, 2018

It’s a scam.. they will take your money and not help out. please don’t let them take from you like they have done to us and other people i seen on here too.

Celeste M.
Jun 12, 2018

I sign up with this company called Castle Law Group they were to get me out of contract with time share herd nothing from them so this day I tried contacting them nun of the phone # were good they showed on the contract now I find out in internet they are crooks take your money never hear from them again. Send me any info u have to recover your money. elvinmills77@gmail. Com

Elvin M.
Jun 23, 2018

I am a expert at the Wyndham cancellation process if you need help or want to know the steps please contact me I can provide you insight to how they go about cxling contracts.

Mj R.
Jun 23, 2018

A few observations regarding the self-proclaimed "expert" above on (sic) "cxling":

1. Topic of this thread is Castle Law Group.

2. Wyndham has had a FREE contract termination program (called Ovation) in place since December, 2015. It takes only a toll free phone call to Wyndham to start the process and not a penny (just some paperwork) to complete it (although Wyndham will not accept everything into Ovation. I am not clear what it is that mjr19 claims to be an "expert" on, but no "expert" assistance would be required for a Wyndham owner to make a free phone call. That phone number has already been provided in the Timeshare Companies forum by people who have already successfully used Ovation.

3. Are you the same "expert" who got run off from Timeshare Users Group discussion forums about a week ago after attempting to peddle and promote some alleged upfront fee "cxl" services? The odd abbreviation of the word cancel as "cxl" there (...and now here) suggests that perhaps this is the case. I am very dubious about the "expert" claim in any event.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 25, 2018 06:51 AM

Jun 24, 2018

If you are English and not Americans, and purchased in America, you can simply walk away. There is nothing that they can or will legally do to you. I would not pay anyone to get rid of a timeshare that has been paid in full.

Although the Redweek forum does include experienced timeshare owners, how many can actually say that they have worked in the industry? I know the laws and the contracts and all the little secrets that timeshare resorts do not want you to know. I also used to own two timeshares.

But in the end, it is your choice.

I have worked for numerous resorts for 15 years in the U.S. as a licensed timeshare sales person, Mexico, Canada and Caribbean

Wayne C.

Last edited by vhines on Jul 25, 2018 08:00 AM

Jun 24, 2018

Companies are now telling people that they signed up through their site and targeting them. I believe this is illegal. I am not sure if their cookies are getting the information,or if FB is giving them access.

DO NOT pay anyone to get rid of your timeshare unless it is through a legitimate organization i.e. Redweek. They charge very little.

Most timeshare are easy to get rid of, especially when they are paid in full.

Wayne C.

Last edited by vhines on Jul 25, 2018 08:00 AM

Jun 24, 2018

I am not asking for money I thought I was replying to a lady who was asking how long the cxl process takes ! I know all about the ovation process thank you ! I worked for Wyndham for 15 years in sales then went to owner care ! So back off and get your facts straight before you come at me with stupidity!!

The ovation program has its ups and downs and people don’t like that they are giving it away but it’s worth not paying anymore fees . Not all resorts qualify for ovation so yes you do need to find out if they are accepting your resort but if you are looking to get money back that won’t happen with the ovation program .

Mj R.

Last edited by mjr19 on Jun 24, 2018 09:40 AM

Jun 24, 2018

I'm a little confused . You seem to have two different identities in here .

Don P.
Jun 24, 2018

I had someone hack my account and my password was changed so I just went back in this week and couldn’t log in my username looks different to me but I don’t remember using 19 at the end

Mj R.
Jun 24, 2018

mjr19 - Contact support@redweek.com for assistance, or go to the "Contact Us" link at the very bottom of this page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Aug 01, 2018

can you email me. thanks

Jorge R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.