The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Apr 01, 2019

After speaking with Lynn O’Donnell, I learned that Bluegreen is not buying TMC. They are purchasing units/weeks that have been unsold and units that TMC has taken back by foreclosure and by-backs. As a former Bluegreen owner, I understand why this makes sense. When you own Bluegreen, you own points that can be used in any of its resorts. Bluegreen wants its owners to be able to book the Bluegreen owned units in TMC. Bluegreen will be TMC owners just as you and I are. It is my hope that they will not get any sort of discount or break when it comes to yearly fees, but who knows with the current TMC management. Of course TMC management is a mess and is required to change. I don’t know why it is taking so long. My understanding from Lynn O’Donnell is that Bluegreen will not manage TMC. These are my understandings after our conversation.

William M.
Apr 01, 2019

william m,

your quote:

" Of course TMC management is a mess and is required to change. I don’t know why it is taking so long. My understanding from Lynn O’Donnell is that Bluegreen will not manage TMC. These are my understandings after our conversation."

yes, management is still a continuing fraudulent entity as well as a "mess." as owners, we should demand that WE take over the TMC board of directors as the decision makers. WE own TMC collectively. of course, we would need a professional management structure to proceed but obviously not eichner or anyone of his ilk. higher echelon TMC management, and anything that it tells us, is NOT TO BE TRUSTED. we were told that bluegreen would buy TMC, but the facts change at the whim of TMC. NOW bluegreen is buying "unsold units", et al. which units were "left unsold??" the 14 to 18,000 current owner bought whatever was left, leaving no unsold new contracts. this constitutes more lies and fraud. so, no.........we shouldn't believe that "Bluegreen will be TMC owners JUST AS YOU AND I ARE." that's merely more TMC bullshit to throw off us legitimate owners . if bluegreen owns weeks as you and i do, who will manage TMC? as stated above, as owners we should demand that WE take over the TMC board of directors as the decision makers. WE own TMC collectively, and as such we should be the powerful word of the TMC board of directors.

we were left with NOTHING after the unsuccessful SETTLEMENT litigation via the former new york state attorney general, eric schneiderman.

we now have a viable, private legal alternative to work toward retribution for the criminal fraud we endured by TMC...................attorney jean-marc zimmerman. until now, we owners HAVE NOT seen any other reasonable ALTERNATIVES to litigate our case against TMC. why not make a decision NOW to join zimmerman's lawsuit against TMC, ET AL?

our alternatives are limited, if not non-existent.

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 03, 2019 10:56 AM

Apr 01, 2019

I attention contact me. Zimmermann a while ago but did not hear from him. If someone would please post his contact info, I’d appreciate it.

Rosemary G.
Apr 02, 2019

hello rosemary g64

below is attorney zimmerman's contact information. try reaching him again,

CONTACT ​ E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM ​ PHONE (908) 768-6408 ​ FAX (908) 935-0751 MAIL 233 WATCHUNG FORK WESTFIELD, NJ 07090 ​

rosemaryg64 wrote:
I attention contact me. Zimmermann a while ago but did not hear from him. If someone would please post his contact info, I’d appreciate it.

Chris V.
Apr 03, 2019

My mother owns one of these TMC timeshares. She just received an unsolicited document from Christine Stile who is trying to get us to sign over the deed and transfer ownership interest. She works for TMC NY. The name of this so-called company she is soliciting from is Timeshare Interval Administration. There is no mention of Bluegreen Vacations having purchased the business. We have been left hanging here by the very limited AG settlement that basically said Eichner et al can’t be in the timeshare business in NYC and has to pay restitution to owners. The terms were vague and they can take a few years to do this. My mother is 88 and unable to handle this situation. I told her not to sign this document. One of the stipulations is that you relinquish your rights to any future claims against them. Do they have rights to try and collect timeshare fees still? Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Maryjean W.
Apr 03, 2019

THE PRICE OF TS IN NYC Somehow a letter from the Hilton Club came into my mailbox ********************************************************************

Resort: West 57th By Hilton Club Points: 3,750 points Unit Type: Studio Plus Season: Gold Usage: Annual Ownership: Deeded Maintenance: $1,400 Annually (estimated) Price: $5,000 Closing Costs: $2,731 ($1300 Deeding and Recording, $1,082 Transfer & Hilton Activation Fee, $349 Admin Fee) Total Costs: $7,731

Fibo N.
Apr 03, 2019

maryjeanw wrote:
My mother owns one of these TMC timeshares. She just received an unsolicited document from Christine Stile who is trying to get us to sign over the deed and transfer ownership interest. She works for TMC NY. The name of this so-called company she is soliciting from is Timeshare Interval Administration. There is no mention of Bluegreen Vacations having purchased the business. We have been left hanging here by the very limited AG settlement that basically said Eichner et al can’t be in the timeshare business in NYC and has to pay restitution to owners. The terms were vague and they can take a few years to do this. My mother is 88 and unable to handle this situation. I told her not to sign this document. One of the stipulations is that you relinquish your rights to any future claims against them. Do they have rights to try and collect timeshare fees still? Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Maryjean, you should NOT SIGN ANYTHING! My advice is to contact Attorney Jean-Marc Zimmerman and consider joining his current suit against TMC. His contact information is in the post just prior to your post on Redweek. I hope your mother has stopped paying maintenance fees to TMC. DO NOT FEAR RETRIBUTION FROM TMC FOR DOING SO.

Becky F
Apr 03, 2019

I searched for redweek manhattan club lawsuit bluegreen and found some useful information. One bit I don't agree with, William M. posted in this thread: "My understanding from Lynn O’Donnell is that Bluegreen will not manage TMC."

This is contradicted by Bluegreen's Investor information February 2019 that states Bluegreen will manage in 2021.

Is there any communication from the owner's board on this issue (management contract after 2021)? Any email responses?

Bluegreen Vacations Corporation is a publicly traded stock (NYSE: BXG). Bluegreen is 90% owned by BBX Capital Corporation (NYSE: BBX). Bluegreen Vacations trades as a component of the Russell 2000 and 3000 Indexes.

Bluegreen Vacations February 2019 Investor Deck Final, page 9, The Manhattan Club: 296 rooms, including penthouse, one-bedroom,two-bedroom and executive suites.

Exclusive right(1), on a non-committed basis, to acquire the remaining timeshare inventory at The Manhattan Club.

Considered to be part of Bluegreen’s “capital-light” Secondary Market program through periodic purchases over time.

Exclusive right(1) to acquire the management contract for The Manhattan Club resort in 2021.

(1) Subject to the terms and conditions of the agreement.

John W.
Apr 03, 2019

SUGGEST ALL INFO AS WELL AS QUESTIONS BE SENT TO THE ATTY THAT IS ACTIVELY REPRESENTING THOSE OWNERS THAT WANT TO PROTECT THEIR INTEREST> Atty Zimmerman is today launching his first of many court challanges against the MC. He is moving to secure the entire ownership list from them so he can directly communicate with owners. PLEASE UNDERSTAND he is only representing owners on an individual basis at a limited retainer of $1250. In simple and rude terms,,,, those in the suit stand to gain full justice..... those that dont join may get nothing.... sid f

Sidney F.
Apr 03, 2019

So according to this wording, the Board of Directors of the Manhattan Club ( which should be representing us owners) is precluded from choosing our own management company. We are stuck with Eichner's choice -in this case, Bluegreen? So why do we even have a Board of Directors since it appears the management company is basically going to be setting policy, running the Manhattan Club as they choose, renting out weeks and I assume keeping the rental revenue for themselves, drawing up the budget and dictating the annual maintenance fees, etc. What if we aren't happy with their management? Since we own the building, wonder if we are able to evict the management company ( Bluegreen it appears) and cancel their contract??? This might be another subject for Zimmerman firm to delve into.

Gail J.
Apr 03, 2019

Who is Lynn O'Donnel, did she represent herself? Some bloggers here said she is working for TMC, some identified her with Bluegreen, some said she is an agent for a third party, or a Notary who had signed the contracts. What is the reality?

Fibo N.
Apr 04, 2019

hello,

lynne o'donnell indeed works for, or has worked for TMC. she has something to do with ny state real estate records and deed recordings at least as of june, 2016.

GOOGLE..........................

lynne o'donnell the manhattan club.

fibon wrote:
Who is Lynn O'Donnel, did she represent herself? Some bloggers here said she is working for TMC, some identified her with Bluegreen, some said she is an agent for a third party, or a Notary who had signed the contracts. What is the reality?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 04, 2019 07:51 AM

Apr 04, 2019

hello..........

UNBELIEVABLE ..........$1,400 maintenance fee at a branded (HILTON) timeshare on w 57 st!!!!!

i'm paying around $3,500 MF for a one bedroom at TMC.

fibon wrote:
THE PRICE OF TS IN NYC Somehow a letter from the Hilton Club came into my mailbox ********************************************************************

Resort: West 57th By Hilton Club Points: 3,750 points Unit Type: Studio Plus Season: Gold Usage: Annual Ownership: Deeded Maintenance: $1,400 Annually (estimated)

Price: $5,000 Closing Costs: $2,731 ($1300 Deeding and Recording, $1,082 Transfer & Hilton Activation Fee, $349 Admin Fee) Total Costs: $7,731

Chris V.
Apr 04, 2019

Does anyone have any knowledge (not guessing) about whether the TMC "ownership" will automatically pass to next of kin (which I DON'T want), or can my mom specifically request that it NOT be transferred. (Of course I hope it is many years before this is an issue, but good to know ahead of time.)

Thomas M.

Last edited by thomasm832 on Apr 04, 2019 01:32 PM

Apr 04, 2019

hi thomas m 832

yours is a common question within this forum. i have a MEH answer...........an educated guess of which i think it better not to share. a suggestion: consider joining jean-marc zimmerman's lawsuit. he's in a totally better position to have a more precise legal answer for you. here's zimmerman's contact info:

CONTACT ​ E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM ​ PHONE (908) 768-6408 ​ FAX (908) 935-0751 MAIL 233 WATCHUNG FORK WESTFIELD, NJ 07090

thomasm832 wrote:
Does anyone have any knowledge (not guessing) about whether the TMC "ownership" will automatically pass to next of kin (which I DON'T want), or can my mom specifically request that it NOT be transferred. (Of course I hope it is many years before this is an issue, but good to know ahead of time.)

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 04, 2019 04:24 PM

Apr 04, 2019

I just spoke with Christine Stile of the Manhattan Club. She had sent my mother a contract to sign the timeshare back over to them. Apparently you don’t have to be updated with the maintenance fees to sign your timeshare back over to them. If you are way behind like my mother is, you won’t be able to use the timeshare. You also cannot sell it on timeshare websites and be able to transfer the title unless you are up to date on maintenance fees. Bluegreen will be buying out the Manhattan Club eventually according to Christine Stile. What exactly that means and whether it’s worth waiting for is another question.

Maryjean W.
Apr 04, 2019

This is great news, thanks! Up until now everyone was saying they wouldn't take it back. My mom is in the same boat, just wants to be rid of it, although I will mention the retainer $ for Zimmerman and see what she wants to do.

Did you ask for anyone in particular or just call the TMC office?

maryjeanw wrote:
I just spoke with Christine Stile of the Manhattan Club. She had sent my mother a contract to sign the timeshare back over to them. Apparently you don’t have to be updated with the maintenance fees to sign your timeshare back over to them. If you are way behind like my mother is, you won’t be able to use the timeshare. You also cannot sell it on timeshare websites and be able to transfer the title unless you are up to date on maintenance fees. Bluegreen will be buying out the Manhattan Club eventually according to Christine Stile. What exactly that means and whether it’s worth waiting for is another question.

Thomas M.
Apr 04, 2019

chrisv126 wrote:
hello,

lynne o'donnell indeed works for, or has worked for TMC. she has something to do with ny state real estate records and deed recordings at least as of june, 2016.

fibon wrote:

Hello Chris, not to be rude, but your suggestion to googling old, 2-5 years, owners' comments do not bring any answer. I asked William M, who had a contact with Lynn, whether she represented herself and provided the name of the company she works for and her title or position. If she is a Notary Public at TMC there is no reason to rely on her words. If she is doing selling of the buy-deed backs she supposed to occupy an official legal position which describes her responsibility and obligations. Finally, if she works for TMC or an affiliated company the owners pay her's salary.

Fibo N.
Apr 04, 2019

hello,

please read my response in a careful manner.

i did not suggest googling anything or ANYONE other than LYNNE O'DONNELL..................NOT OWNERS' COMMENTS FROM 2 TO 5 YEARS AGO.

read my response again.

CONTACT

E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM ​ PHONE (908) 768-6408 ​ FAX (908) 935-0751 MAIL 233 WATCHUNG FORK WESTFIELD, NJ 07090 "

"CONTACT ​ E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM ​ PHONE (908) 768-6408 ​ FAX (908) 935-0751 MAIL 233 WATCHUNG FORK WESTFIELD, NJ 07090

fibon wrote:
chrisv126 wrote:
hello,

fibon wrote:

Hello Chris, not to be rude, but your suggestion to googling old, 2-5 years, owners' comments do not bring any answer. I asked William M, who had a contact with Lynn, whether she represented herself and provided the name of the company she works for and her title or position. If she is a Notary Public at TMC there is no reason to rely on her words. If she is doing selling of the buy-deed backs she supposed to occupy an official legal position which describes her responsibility and obligations. Finally, if she works for TMC or an affiliated company the owners pay her's salary.

Chris V.
Apr 04, 2019

Christine Stile sent my mother this contract that requested her to sign the timeshare over to them. She said my mother emailed them requesting this. My mother never emailed them. She threatened that if she didn’t do this, they would be forced to foreclose on the timeshare since she hasn’t been paying maintenance fees. This is another lie. We were told by the attorney general’s office (Louis Soloman) that TMC owners are banned from being in the Timeshare business and had to pay restitution to timeshare purchasers. They have 3 years to clean up their books before Bluegreen takes over their business. I suspect this contract is their attempt to minimize losses. We were all told not to worry about foreclosure and to stop paying maintenance fees when the AG’s office began this lawsuit. If you still want Christine’s number I will get it to you.

Maryjean W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.