Timeshare Companies

Dream Travel Condos anyone?

Jan 11, 2015

Her entire scheme is to take your money, cash flow it and when she can't deliver after your inquiry cancel your reservation. She attempted to make you feel like the problem when, actuality she never had the location booked. She over books and fulfills the highest price. If you are not that person she strings you along until you complain then drops you. It is her motive of operations. Stay away from her and her company if you don't want to have thes these potential problems. Read the reviews and make a good desicion.

Casey C.
Jan 11, 2015

I am sorry to say that I experienced almost the identical horrible situation. I booked and paid in full for my family vacation with Dream Travel for the Marriott Surf Club over 7 months in advance. Only after constant requests, was I told, only 6 days in advance, that we may not have the reservation we paid for. My name was actually put on a reservation with Marriott (confirmed by the hotel) and removed less than 24 hours before we were to board our plane for Aruba. We were forced to find alternative accommodations (with no assistance by Dream Travel) at the very last minute. Because it was the busiest week of the year, we could only book a few days at 3 different hotels resulting in moving every few days and incurring additional cost of more than $2000. Based on the various excuses Tonya provided along the way, I naively believed her (shame on me). We were also told by Marriott hotel management that there were another two families who booked thru Dream Travel who actually arrived at the Marriott Surf Club on Dec 28th only to find out that they had no reservation (we were told that they were crying in the lobby) and were turned away. Dream Travel returned the money I paid them - but what good was that when our vacation was ruined and we had to spend thousands more just to have a room somewhere on the island. Please do whatever you can to ensure that no other unknowing travellers are deceived by this company ... A truly horrible experience.

Sam S.
Jan 12, 2015

Sorry to hear about your issues with Tonya and Dream Travel. I have heard countless stories about the same thing. This is how she cash flows her business. She does refund the money but it is really reminecient of a ponzu scheme. There will be a time when it catches up with her and some poor families will not get their promises reservations or their money. As I was checking in to the Surf Club two families were at the counter experiencing the same thing and both were Dream Travel customers. The Marriott staff there is well aware of the issues with Dream Travel. I hope others who have been taken advantage of by Dream Travel will share their stories so others will be made aware of the potential issues.

Casey C.
Jan 14, 2015

Tonya

Waiting for my refund since DECEMBER 20TH you decided to cancel our reservation. Check you gave me was return unpaid twice beacuse you have not sufficient funds. As expected, you always have an excuse. Yesterday you were supossed to send a wire. I am waiting. What will be the excuse this time???

I have been sending message to you all morning without answer

Valentina P.
Jan 14, 2015

At least you received you money back. Same happens to me and am waiting since December 20th for my refund. She gave me a check that was return unpaid for unsufficiente funds. She owes me $5.600

Valentina P.
Jan 14, 2015

I really hope you are not at the end of the cash flow line. You may want to turn the insufficient check over to your local athorities as it is sufficient enough for a felony charge. Will be interested to hear if you ever get a wire. Keep us updated. Hope for the best for you.

Casey C.
Jan 14, 2015

In response to recent posts I will say this- to Stacey, I offered to help you but before you even responded to my offer to help you went on here and referred to me as a scam artist and as a fraud- nobody is going to bend over backwards to help anyone after you post something like that about them, not when they offered help to start with.

To CaseyC- I tried really hard not to call you out, but yes please do give me business advice. I know you own Gwinett Ford Place in Duluth, GA and I have read countless horror stories from your customers on Edmunds.com, Ripoffreport.com, Pissedconsumer.com, dealerrater.com, cars.com, and 16 complaints with the BBB in the last 2 years. I have seen countless stories of where your dealership has really messed people over according to their reviews. Do I believe everything they have posted? Not necessarily - I know from experience that anytime you have a business people can unfortunately make any kinds of claims they want to about you- I am sure you do your best to work with them when a problem arises but like I have said multiple times, you cannot please everyone and with some people no matter what you do it is not enough. Having said that and you obviously having dealt with the issue yourself of unhappy clients, I really wouldn't expect you to be so quick to judge and use such terms.

As for Valentina, you DID receive a refund . It was sent back through the payment processor you paid with and you should have received an email from them today. The account we had was compromised and closed out due to $ 7000 in unauthorized charges to our bank debit card. I had no choice but to close out the account and thought your check had cleared before we did so, but when we found out it had not your refund was issued immediately. We were also advised by the merchant processor since you paid by credit card we needed to refund it back through the processor you went through originally.

I am very sorry for the clients who were affected by the contract changes but contrary to what was posted NO ONE showed up and didn't have a room. Everyone was notified beforehand and was refunded beforehand so if they showed up and did not have a room it wasn't because they did not know, it was because they went to the property hoping sympathy would land them what they wanted. As a property manager and broker, many times contracts change, property ownerships change etc, and it is not anything that we control. Unfortunately, yes people were affected but they were given money back, free weeks for future use and monetary compensation. People who are trying to deceive, defraud or anything else do not do that. Owners do not even do that when they cancel someone. They simply give you a refund and wish you luck. We sent an email from the beginning acknowledging we wanted to help and would try to make sure you had a place to stay. Unfortunately people did what they tend to do and post about negative experiences which you certainly have a right to do but calling people things such as a fraud, ponzi schemer, scam artist etc crosses a very fine line.

Tonya W.
Jan 15, 2015

Excuse me!!. Yesterday when I posted my comment you had not returned my money. Until yesterday I had just received from you a check that was returned twice for insufficient funds. Today, after 26th days since you cancel my reservation, I finally received a refund through pay pal.

Save your excuses

Valentina P.
Jan 15, 2015

Tonya you turn my stomach. I have never done business with you nor would I ever consider doing business with someone who hangs people out to dry like these cases show. I'm sure they are just a small percentage of the people who you stuck. How on earth do you sleep at night screwing people like you do ? I hope they all sue you for damages and eventually put you out of business. You are a disgrace. Refunding their money is the least you can do and obviously that is your business.... doing the least you can do to help someone you screwed out of their dream vacation. You should be put out business.

I advise anyone who has been damaged by Tonya print her posts to use in your civil lawsuits against her. Use her own words to sink her. She will have to support the claims she makes with facts. Use this thread to spread the word and get more victims to go after her civilly and hopefully put her out of business. Print out her rants before she deletes them.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jan 15, 2015 08:07 AM

Jan 15, 2015

I thought I would add my experiences dealing with Tonya and Dream Travel. Dream Travel offered an amazing deal on an apartment in Waikiki Hawaii. It was worth the risk to pay her directly to secure the place over the busy Xmas/New year period. Initially all was good although we didn't receive the agreement until closer to the date of departure months later after noticing and requesting a copy. A day before we were meant to check in I received an email from Tonya advising me that the contacts she had fell through for some reason or another... I did not check my email and thus on check in discovered the complex had no record of me. This was an awful situation to be in and super stressful. I can understand these things happen but judging based on online conversations I was super stressed and it really isn't a great way to start a holiday. After numerous emails as Tonya did not answer calls we were booked into the Marriot. Bit of confusion at the Marriot over whose credit card was being charged but it got sorted. Marriot was lovely for a few days but we did not want to be in a hotel we wanted a self contained apartment on the otherside of Waikiki! In the end Tonya came through and for the 9 remaining days we got the apartment we wanted. I was very grateful to be in the apartment at the Wyndham and it was lovely - I can't fault her on that. And she never left us totally in the lurch we had a nice roof over our heads and I am happy about that. I do think that perhaps she needs to consider how she operates her business and be more forthcoming... if she is able to receive places at last minute then tell the customer this is the case - I would have been prepared and actually ok with that. Personally I cannot call her a scam at all because she didn't take our money and then not find us reasonable places to stay. I can say that she should be more forthcoming in how she books places and advise customers this is what could happen and not sit on excuses eg: loss of relationship with owner etc. Would I book again? - probably not based on the check in stress. Would I book again if she had told me that things might change last minute - yes very likely because I know she won't leave me without a place to stay. That's the risk to take she offers great deals and is a small business. I would only suggest she just let customers know if things have to change at the last minute be assured I will find you a place to stay "similar"and in a close by location... she did come through in the end like i already said. I hope this helps future customers by just being aware if you get a great deal through her - it could change at the last minute but she will find you alternatives. This might just be my experience and I am sure there are probably many totally satisfied customers who have not felt the need to express their experiences.

Yelleana K.
Jan 15, 2015

I advise anyone who got scammed by Tonya to sue her for all she put you through Use her emails and posts in here to prove your case. A refund is not adequate for someone who has spent thousands of dollars on travel plans only to find out within hours of your trip that you don't have the reservation you paid for. She should be put out of business. Yelleanak you sound like a shill for her business. I don't believe a word you say.

Don P.
Jan 16, 2015

Donp196 - I get exactly how you felt because at the start I did too... I was livid and a mess and thought our holiday was ruined. I am just giving my two cents... if she had not come through with the property I wanted I'd feel the same. I have no reason to lie and nothing to do with her. Would I book with her again knowing what I do now... no. Would I book with her again if she had been clear to me and said this is how I book stuff at the last minute... and if I don't get the place Il find you an alternative then likely. She beat every other advertised place by $2000. I agree it is not a fair nor professional way to run a business and stuff up people's plans at the last minute. But she didn't scam me - yes I didn't get the first 5 days in the place I wanted but I got it for the 9 days after and I tried to not let it ruin my holiday. This is what forums are for to share experiences and I did my search before I booked and my information is only out there for others who consider booking with her to read. From what I have read above in other people's experiences I can totally empathise. I hope she really revaluates her business, responds to her clients in a professional manner (full voicemail is unacceptable), is open and forthright about her booking system, stops using personal excuses when things stuff up and compensates those who rightly deserve it. No shill here thanks. And I do wish everyone who has been stuffed up by Dream Travel to get compensated in a fair and just manner.

Yelleana K.
Jan 21, 2015

Tonya never takes responsability. It is all a part of her business model. She will take your money and operate her business with it. It is how she cash flows her company. When you try to call, her answering machine is always full so she won't have to have a direct conversation with the people she has made promises too that she can't fulfill. When she gets called out on it, she immediately says she will refund your money and take your business elsewhere. There are just too many stories about her business practices that indicate she is using your money to cash flow her business. All she can offer are excuses and not once has she ever taken responsability for her actions.

Casey C.
Jan 24, 2015

Tonya - this is Consoer/Borodaj party in St. Maarten at Royal Palm Resort. They do not have our reservations for our second week here beginning today. They are asking us to leave the resort. Please contact Diana Esdaille at 721-544-3737, ext 4023 or respond to Diana.Esdaille@diamondresorts.com as soon as possible We have made every effort to contact you. Another phone to reach us at is 630-847-7514. WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU RIGHT AWAY! Thank you.

Craig C.
Jan 24, 2015

I can't wait to hear Tonya's rant on how it was your fault. She never takes responsibility for her screw ups and blames the victim for the problem. Her theory is that as long as she refunds your money you are made whole. She never takes into account the damages for all your loss from the travel expenses you laid out and the extra cost and loss of vacation time making other arrangements for lodging. The ball is in your court Tonya.

Don P.
Jan 24, 2015

Yes I am quite sure Tephlon Tonya will spin it so it is either the travelers fault or the resorts fault. We should put odds up to see which one she chooses. Even if she takes care of these people and gets them into the resort which they have already paid for, the stress of being away and not being able to get in touch with Tonya I am sure is overwhelming. I feel for this family and hope for the best. Another Tonya travesty.

Casey C.
Jan 24, 2015

Our situation was resolved by Tonya Williams. All is good. We have been dealing with Tonya for many years. Thank you again.

Craig C.
Jan 25, 2015

That is great that you got it resolved. Hopefully this review board helped move her along. It is just a shame to be away and not have things go smoothly. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Casey C.
Jan 25, 2015

I would never deal with a company that has no customer service. You have to beg to get help and hope that she returns a call not to mention that her attitude stinks. She blames the customer for her failures. Anyone that does business with her and gets burned gets no sympathy from me. There are other reputable companies out there that take care of their clients like valued customers. I can't believe she gets repeat business.

Don P.
Jan 27, 2015

I just read this entire thread. My friend was "screwed" by this despicable individual. How does she live with herself knowing how she manipulates people and their families. No conscience I guess.

Jackson B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.