Timeshare Companies

raintree vacation club

Jul 14, 2011

Did you ever pursue this? I spoke with a US attorney who reviewed my contract which expressly states that any controversy arising from the agreement is to be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Mexico City DF.

It doesn't seem correct that one can be legally bound for a lifetime to an annual fee and/or special assessment with no means of ever terminating it.

Ron T.
Jul 21, 2011

My wife and I bought at Club Regina Puerta Vallarta and just paid off our Gold membership. That is one of the most beautiful resort hotels I have ever seen. We went to the Birch Bay resort in February, 2010. I agree that it is not nearly as nice as what we experienced in PV, but I still thought the suite we got was nice. We went to experience the Vancouver Olympics and it was really cool that we could take advantage of our membership in order to do that. My only real complaint about the experience was that rvc allowed the IOC to buy out all the space in Whistler! That REALLY BLOWS!!

I think what i really value about our RVC membership is the number of locations and the fact that I don't have to get up the money for at least part of our vacation expenses. To me, that is a big plus.

On another note, does anyone know how many weeks you get for the various higher membership levels in rvc (platinum, sapphire...diamond)? I am interested in upgrading.

Julian M.
Jul 22, 2011

We belong to RT in Whistler. There are 13 properties in Whistler with RT. The HOA Board Presidents have fired WRAC which is the local arm of RT there and was doing the cleaning, maintenance and rental. Now RT has no involvement nor can they access the annual fee. The Board Presidents for each of the 13 RT properties have hired a new company to perform the tasks that were being done by WRAC/RT. WRAC/RT would never disclose the actual costs involved and provide a detailed accounting for running each property, thus evr increasing fees.

Bob P.
Jul 23, 2011

bobp110.... Close, but not quite all the story.....I deposited my Whiski Jack Ironwood fixed weeks with raintree in the last couple of days. This was after the agreement with WRAC was terminated.Recieved full 320,000 points in my Raintree Vacation Club as always (I have two Holiday weeks I purchased on the resale market for just over 10c on the dollar ). The Raintree booking rep told me the fixed weeks will continue to operate exactly the same as before, wasn't sure about any floating weeks with RVC membership. If you had a non RVC membership week you used to pay your maintenance fee to WRAC. Not RVC. If you had a RVC membership week you still paid your maintenance fee to WRAC, but, there was an additional line item at the bottom of the statement showing they collected a fee on behalf of Raintree for the RVC membership and assumably forwarded it to RVC. Bottom line is at this point it seems like nothing other than a positive change as far as I am concerned? I also contacted TPI ( WRAC's replacement) and they tell me I will have access to all of there membership benefits as well. I have zero connection whatsoever with RVC apart from my Whiski Jack ownership. I could not be happier with my membership/ownership experience to date. My maintenance fees total $1,600 a year. This year I have spent three weeks on Isla Majures, am going to Cabo for a week in November, Palm springs for two weeks and used my points to pay for five nights hotels while riding to and from Palm Springs. For $1,600...... That's damn near free ( $32 a night ).

Clive B.

Last edited by cliveb7 on Jul 23, 2011 03:05 PM

Feb 10, 2012

Can someone break down the Raintree point values: 30,000, 50,000, 80,000, etc. What does that entitle you to as far as weeks and room type?

Jeff S.
Aug 03, 2012

That's really great to hear. I own ($16,000) unit in the Westin. Now, we have to pay $2500 in dues plus RT membership...I'm just another middle class guy subsidizing the rest of the world...and, lost a whole chunk buying in Cabo at Raintree resort....

John B.
Aug 03, 2012

I was in the process of defaulting on the annual fees in the hope they would "foreclose" on my obligation. After 2 years of harassing phone calls from a collection agency, I got an offer letter to convert to Raintree 7 ownership for $995, which requires 7 weeks of usage over 15 years, then no further obligation to them. There is no membership fee in the years it is not used. Has anyone else had this offer?

Ron T.
Aug 04, 2012

ront117 wrote:
I was in the process of defaulting on the annual fees in the hope they would "foreclose" on my obligation. After 2 years of harassing phone calls from a collection agency, I got an offer letter to convert to Raintree 7 ownership for $995, which requires 7 weeks of usage over 15 years, then no further obligation to them. There is no membership fee in the years it is not used. Has anyone else had this offer?

This question would be better answered at www.tugbbs.com where they have the different systems in their forums. You have to register to post your question but you don't have to pay the membership fee unless you choose to.

R P.
Jan 28, 2013

Just to let you know. I paid that Special Assessment on time and early before any of the complaints started. When the Special Assessment is withdrawn, don't you think you should credit that money back to me? To date, I have not received a single dime back. I am beginning to really believe all the blogs about the company being fraudulent.

Chris J.
Mar 28, 2013

Has anyone walked away ( defaulted ) from Raintree Vacation Club? Can you tell me what you did and what the end results were for you? We considering walking away as it's been a crappy experience with Raintree from day 1!!

Heather H.
Mar 28, 2013

We are walking away too. You have to live thru the "collection calls". (They are all out of Mexico with heavy accents. I think it is just Raintree calling.) Look on Complaintsboard.com for more updated info. Several have walked away. It is in contract that if you do not pay for 2 yrs you are clear. Raintree will stalk you until the 2 yrs is up but from what I have read there is no damage to credit, etc. There is no working with the crooks. Doug Bech needs to be in jail!

Kathleen B.
Jul 09, 2013

Raintree 7 Membership Conversion Offer is it a scam

ront117 wrote:

Linda B.
Jul 09, 2013

I hate it any luck getting out

heatherh360 wrote:
Has anyone walked away ( defaulted ) from Raintree Vacation Club? Can you tell me what you did and what the end results were for you? We considering walking away as it's been a crappy experience with Raintree from day 1!!

Linda B.
Jul 09, 2013

Did you you go for the the conversion? we hvae just received the same offer. We want out so bad !!

ront117 wrote:

Linda B.
Jul 09, 2013

Really no damage to your credit ?

kathleenb155 wrote:
We are walking away too. You have to live thru the "collection calls". (They are all out of Mexico with heavy accents. I think it is just Raintree calling.) Look on Complaintsboard.com for more updated info. Several have walked away. It is in contract that if you do not pay for 2 yrs you are clear. Raintree will stalk you until the 2 yrs is up but from what I have read there is no damage to credit, etc. There is no working with the crooks. Doug Bech needs to be in jail!

Linda B.
Jul 09, 2013

I got the same message . I don't trust it, did you convert?

lindab1171 wrote:
Raintree 7 Membership Conversion Offer is it a scam

ront117 wrote:

Linda B.
Jul 10, 2013

I also just received an email with the conversion to Raintree 7 offer? According to this forum no one has converted and made a comment ? Seems like a scheme to get even more money in the hopes of seperating from them?

John J.
Jul 11, 2013

I stopped making payments on this account in 2010 and still receive daily collection account phone calls on my home phone and cell phone. I just received a second Raintree7 conversion offer. I see this as an attempt to play on my desire not to be a financial scoflaw and obtain more money from me with the promise of having an end in sight to this lifetime obligation.

I have not checked my credit so I don't know if the threat to report my delinquency to the credit bureau was acted on.

Ron T.
Jul 11, 2013

are you going to check your credit ? We are so frustrated we really want out. Thanks for your feedback.

ront117 wrote:
I stopped making payments on this account in 2010 and still receive daily collection account phone calls on my home phone and cell phone. I just received a second Raintree7 conversion offer. I see this as an attempt to play on my desire not to be a financial scoflaw and obtain more money from me with the promise of having an end in sight to this lifetime obligation.

I have not checked my credit so I don't know if the threat to report my delinquency to the credit bureau was acted on.

Linda B.
Jul 25, 2013

Hi. I was a California owner and defaulted on a paid ownership. I was harassed by the calls, sent to collections, etc. offered the "new" plan also. These guys are straight-up crooks and I refused to give them another penny. I hung up on their calls and challenged the collection agency with a letter asking them to prove my obligation to be charged the special assessment fee. My original purchase was a resale so I didn't have much to lose by letting the contract go. I eventually received a letter from Raintree releasing me from any further obligation and I haven't been dinged on my credit report.

The S.A. was a joke and an insult. Insurance should cover natural disasters and $700 in MFs for a studio should more than cover expenses for maintaining a unit in Mexico. Dues kept rising. Raintree sold deluxe contracts in Cabo and defaulted on these buyers. California had a class action suit and won. I do expect Raintree to go bankrupt at some point.

Kathleen C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.