Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort - West Village

New points based Global Access and RCI points

Apr 03, 2012

I have weeks and would like to get into points. What's your suggestion?

John G.
Apr 05, 2012

johng1024, Sorry I can't be much help, although I don't think there is any magic bullet to getting it done. You really wouldn't be converting to RCI points, you would convert to Holiday Inn club vacations points, which can then be exchanged into the RCI points system, as well as converted to Priority club rewards for hotel stays, care rentals, etc. We converted our two bedroom week to points in a deal where we bought a 3 bedroom in the points system, so it was thrown in as part of the deal. If you are not looking to buy a new week, then I would think you would need to pay the published fee to convert to points. I would think there is little incentive to HICV to give deals on the conversion unless you are bundling it with some other purchase. I would call them and just ask what the cost is, and then weigh the benefits vs. the cost. I can tell you that this past year I was able to get 4 hotel rooms for a family get together at a nice Crowne Plaza hotel, on the beach in Hilton Head by exchanging my points. There were no time shares available, so I was very happy to be able to make the exchange through Priority Club. I like points better then "weeks" for sure, but you need to way the benefits vs. the conversion cost for yourself.

Garret C.
Oct 15, 2013

Please can you advise me - I have 3 Red Orange Lake Weeks - which if converted come to over 500,000 points - how do I convert to points and how much will this cost?

bobnaz wrote:
cimarrons wrote:
a 2b reservatiion using pts will use about 2/3 the points amount of your 3b and leave u with xtra points to use at any other time.If u go to resorts of lesser quality or amenitie and demand than O.L. then u use even lesser pts.You can use all your pts to extend your stay even longer as well at pts resorts by the night.If you want to change, it depends on if you bought from the developer or on secondary market.Also it depends on your future needs and how u would use it.Call your toll free # for OLCC and extention 1036 and ask for Peter Cozier he helped me out to upgrade for a reasonable amount
thanks very much we bought intially from the resort direct and were also upgraded thru a direct buy our rep was Bob Timlinson so hopefully and transition to point would be fairly smooth thanks very much

Lauren S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.