Club Wyndham Santa Barbara

Special Assessment / Class Action Lawsuit!

Feb 11, 2008

julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:
It's February. Is it open yet? MD
Yes, I am staying there right now. I will be staying there for 3 weeks ( I own 3 weeks). The resort is beautiful

Will anyone on this forum be attending the Feb 21 annual meeting of the membership? I will gladly assign my proxy to an owner rather than default it to management.

Steven L.
Feb 11, 2008

steven397 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:
Yes, I am staying there right now. I will be staying there for 3 weeks ( I own 3 weeks). The resort is beautiful

Will anyone on this forum be attending the Feb 21 annual meeting of the membership? I will gladly assign my proxy to an owner rather than default it to management.

John J.
Feb 11, 2008

john4129 wrote:
steven397 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

John J.
Feb 11, 2008

WE WILL BE THERE PRES.WEEK ...LOOK US UP ON THE 19TH UNIT 709 .. ALSO WILL DEFINETE ATEND THE MEETING WE SHOULD BEGIN TO GET OUR OWNERS LIST WITH PHONE NUMBERS TOGETHER

John J.

Last edited by john4129 on Feb 11, 2008 06:20 PM

Feb 11, 2008

john4129 wrote:
john4129 wrote:
steven397 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

We just received the proxy. Eventhough the date on the Agenda letter is signed on January 18th, the postmark on the envelope is February 8th. And the deadline for them to receive your proxy is 5:00 pm on Monday, February 18th. They do list a fax number for you to send in your proxy, but still I don't think this is enough time for people to get someone to represent them at the meeting. I also hope that people have seen the 2008 Annual Budget and notice how the Resort Management fees have jumped from 172k to 256k. I guess we all know where the outrageous Special Assesment (2br was $1600) and maintenance fees (about 800). Recreation and Amenities also jumped from 2007 Budget to 2008 from 96k to 138k. If anyone else has gotten the 2008 Annual Budget and would be willing to put in their 2 cents, We'd appreciate it your feedback. thanks in advance, ramrosen

L R.
Feb 11, 2008

john4129 wrote:
WE WILL BE THERE PRES.WEEK ...LOOK US UP ON THE 19TH UNIT 709 .. ALSO WILL DEFINETE ATEND THE MEETING WE SHOULD BEGIN TO GET OUR OWNERS LIST WITH PHONE NUMBERS TOGETHER

We are the owners of week 13, room 909. Please contact me for name and address

Harold W.
Feb 11, 2008

julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:
would you mind if we used you as our proxy for the meeting? If it is ok, would you please call us at 1-435-865-1520 (The White's)tomorrow 2/12/2008 so we can get the form in the mail in time for it to be in Florida by the 18th. also if you know of anyone who would like our unit for free, have them call us for we can not use it anymore. All they need to do is pay the closing costs. It is deeded and all fees and assessments are paid up to date. thank you.

Richard W.
Feb 11, 2008

lourdesr14 wrote:
john4129 wrote:
john4129 wrote:
steven397 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

We just received the proxy. Eventhough the date on the Agenda letter is signed on January 18th, the postmark on the envelope is February 8th. And the deadline for them to receive your proxy is 5:00 pm on Monday, February 18th. They do list a fax number for you to send in your proxy, but still I don't think this is enough time for people to get someone to represent them at the meeting. I also hope that people have seen the 2008 Annual Budget and notice how the Resort Management fees have jumped from 172k to 256k. I guess we all know where the outrageous Special Assesment (2br was $1600) and maintenance fees (about 800). Recreation and Amenities also jumped from 2007 Budget to 2008 from 96k to 138k. If anyone else has gotten the 2008 Annual Budget and would be willing to put in their 2 cents, We'd appreciate it your feedback. thanks in advance, ramrosen

Yes it is a big raise? Why are they having this meeting on the 2008 budget, for they already sent us the final 2008 budget which they passed last year and we have already paid the 2008 maintenance fees and taxes?

Richard W.
Feb 11, 2008

john4129 wrote:
Who is getting this list together, for we want to be on the list and to have a copy. We are still trying to give our unit away for the cost of closing costs.

Richard W.
Feb 11, 2008

john4129 john4129 steven397

julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:
====== I'm delighted to hear this! I hope the new decor is as attractive as the old was. Loved the colors. MD

Mary D.
Feb 12, 2008

john4129 wrote:
steven397 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

I will be there February 16 - 23rd and plan to attend the membership meeting. If anyone want to assign their proxy to me, I'll be happy to vote and report back. Also, feel free to call me while I am there. My name is Emily ("Soule") Williams, Unit 810 / week 7. So fellow owners can call me at the unit during those dates.

Like many of you, I've felt strongly the special assessments were unfair and have many questions regarding resort management, particularly the status and adequacy of our property insurance. However, with difficulty, I did pay all of the assessments.

Frankly, I doubt we will get many answers at this meeting nor will we have much say countering the steep budget increase.

I am VERY open and would very much appreciate hearing suggestions and questions from my fellow owners about questions and issues you would like raised, particularly if you are not able to attend. I would like to see these meetings opened to all owners via Web access or telephone conferencing and will raise this issue.

For all of us who will be attending -- lets try to get together before and after the meeting to plan future activities and report back to everyone on this forum.

Emily

Emily W.
Feb 12, 2008

richardw235 wrote:
lourdesr14 wrote:
john4129 wrote:
john4129 wrote:
steven397 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

Yes it is a big raise? Why are they having this meeting on the 2008 budget, for they already sent us the final 2008 budget which they passed last year and we have already paid the 2008 maintenance fees and taxes?
I just called the phone number at Sea Gardens and the employee said lots of people are calling here for Lew Gordon who is not on this site, so she gave me the SB number and he is not on this site other, so she gave me another number and I left a message asking why the meeting since we already paid our 2008 fees, etc. We have been told that Mr. Gordon's office is in a Wyndham office building. Does he work for them? If so is his assignment as President of SB's owners association a conflict of interest? If Wyndham owns so many foreclosures why are they not accountable of paying those fees instead of having us, the other unit owners paying for them? Just a few questions for some one to ask who does attend this meeting? I have sent e-mails about the last question, but have not received an answer. Have a good day!

Richard W.
Feb 12, 2008

emilyw28 wrote:
john4129 wrote:
steven397 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

I will be there February 16 - 23rd and plan to attend the membership meeting. If anyone want to assign their proxy to me, I'll be happy to vote and report back. Also, feel free to call me while I am there. My name is Emily ("Soule") Williams, Unit 810 / week 7. So fellow owners can call me at the unit during those dates.

Like many of you, I've felt strongly the special assessments were unfair and have many questions regarding resort management, particularly the status and adequacy of our property insurance. However, with difficulty, I did pay all of the assessments.

Frankly, I doubt we will get many answers at this meeting nor will we have much say countering the steep budget increase.

I am VERY open and would very much appreciate hearing suggestions and questions from my fellow owners about questions and issues you would like raised, particularly if you are not able to attend. I would like to see these meetings opened to all owners via Web access or telephone conferencing and will raise this issue.

For all of us who will be attending -- lets try to get together before and after the meeting to plan future activities and report back to everyone on this forum.

Emily

Thanks Emily, We have just put your name on the proxy spot, so you can vote for us Richard and Julie White. we will take it to the post office and mail it tomorrow morning and it should get from here Utah to Florida in time. Sure hope so. Our question is why such a large assessment when we have been paying for insurance that was supposed to cover everything. another question is when all of the foreclosures go back to Wyndham, why are we paying their fees? Shouldn't the Wyndham corp. pay for those. thanks again.

Richard W.
Feb 12, 2008

richardw235 wrote:
emilyw28 wrote:
john4129 wrote:
steven397 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

Emily

Thanks Emily, We have just put your name on the proxy spot, so you can vote for us Richard and Julie White. we will take it to the post office and mail it tomorrow morning and it should get from here Utah to Florida in time. Sure hope so. Our question is why such a large assessment when we have been paying for insurance that was supposed to cover everything. another question is when all of the foreclosures go back to Wyndham, why are we paying their fees? Shouldn't the Wyndham corp. pay for those. thanks again.

Thank you, Emily. I too have signed our proxy on behalf of S&J Levine 01 Family Limited Partnership naming you as proxy in our behalf.

I have a question for the Board. Since we have been assessed for shortfalls on insurance claims, how will we be remunerated when Wyndham sells available units and the facility is operating in the black?

Steve Levine, general partner S&J Levine 01 Family Limited Partnership

Steven L.
Feb 13, 2008

steven397 wrote:
richardw235 wrote:
emilyw28 wrote:
john4129 wrote:
steven397 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

Emily

Thank you, Emily. I too have signed our proxy on behalf of S&J Levine 01 Family Limited Partnership naming you as proxy in our behalf.

I have a question for the Board. Since we have been assessed for shortfalls on insurance claims, how will we be remunerated when Wyndham sells available units and the facility is operating in the black?

Steve Levine, general partner S&J Levine 01 Family Limited Partnership

Emily,

I will be happy to put your name on the proxy I received. I will be unable to attend but I know you share our concerns for how the Resort is currently operated. Let us knwo how the meeting goes.

Thanks

Steve Dennis week 21 unit 1001 stevem5@comcast.net

Steve D.
Feb 13, 2008

Emily, My wife Sandi just came across this web site yesterday. We were also disturbed with the prolonged lack of attention for recovering due to the shortfall in insurance. My questions are, will Wyndham management and this association be reviewing the insurance policy yearly to assure us (the property owners)that this kind of event of total building damage be covered under insurance in the future. Can management look into some options, like will shutters reduce the damage during a storm surge and lower insurance premiums. I would like to appoint you to represent Sandi and myself at the upcoming annual meeting scheduled for 02/21/08. I will sign my the proxy page and return today. We have owned sense1996 and felt Santa Barbara has always been one of our favorite spots to vacation.

Tom & Sandi Browne Week 29 / unit # 702 425-445-3066 Mount Vernon, Washington (the other Wa. on the pacific side)

Tom B.
Feb 13, 2008

emilyw28 wrote:
john4129 wrote:
steven397 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

Emily

Hi Emily,

Read a few of the posting saw that you would be attending the meeting. Hope you don't mind, i made you my proxy, and faxed it today.

thanks brenda

Brenda D.
Feb 13, 2008

richardw235 wrote:
john4129 wrote:
Who is getting this list together, for we want to be on the list and to have a copy. We are still trying to give our unit away for the cost of closing costs.

John J.
Feb 13, 2008

THIS JOHN JULIANO UNITS . 709 WK7::::509 WK20:: 309 WK29:::I PROPOSE WE COLLECT A LIST WHICH COULD HAVE ON IT UNIT,WK,OWNER,ADDRESS,PHONE,E-MAIL. IF WE DO EVER GET A CLASS ACTION GOING THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS.BESIDE ALLTHAT I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO MEET MY FELLOW OWNERS WHEN AT THE SB. SO I WILL START.. JOHN AND LIZ JULIANO,MEBOURNE FL.,917-359-3535,SUNTREELAKES@AOL.COM

John J.
Feb 14, 2008

williams452 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:
carols306 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:
We just recieved pictures of the current condition of the resort and here is the opinion of the person who was there yesterday,6/22/07.

As you can see, there is a chain link fence around the property. There are still a few boarded up windows, junk out in the front parking lot, boxes of tile in front of the main entrance, a large crane on site. The good news is, there were several crews inside (I could hear them) and one crew outside working on the renovation. Not knowing what all still needs to be done, I would be shocked if the place is open for business before the Colts lose their second game. If I go by there again, I will give you an update.

We need to contact everyone who owns a week there.

Would you please send me a copy of those pictures? I have a file and many letters regarding my issues. As soon as I figure how to do it I'm going to submit papers for a Class action suit. If any of you want to put your name and address/contact information I will keep a file and list everyone's info if you'd like. Of course if someone else out these knows how to do it...That would be wonderful. Carol

Carol,

I have sent pictures of the Resort which were taken last month, to a couple of the owners. If you would like to see the nine pictures send me an email address and I will send them today.

Steve Dennis stevem5@comcast.net

Hi Steve! I own two weeks there. It has been more than a year since I saw the place and it was pathetic. I couldn't believe it when I got an extra charge of $700 plus in Jan. 2008 for extra maintenance charges after paying thousands of dollars last year for hurricane assessments and almost $200 for maintenance every month throughout last year. What are they trying to do!?! jgamble0408@charter.net

Jeanne G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.