Timeshare Companies

Suitelife Vacations anyone?

Feb 19, 2016

cpj2, can you please leave your email again?

Steve N.

Last edited by steven1251 on Feb 19, 2016 01:21 PM

Feb 21, 2016

Common sense would tell anyone that using an attorney for something you can do yourself is just plain stupid. Why would anyone give their hard earned money to an attorney when they can simply settle with suite life on their own and walk away free from their contract.. Everyone knows that attorneys are bottom feeders that prey o n people's misery. They manipulate the system to take money from people. Think hard before you throw your hard earned money away on a se rvice you don't need.

So far I haven't heard a word about what they claim that they can do for you or how much they will charge for their service. Remember that fifty percent of all attorneys graduated in the bottom half of their class. They don't make money unless they find someone to bill for their services. They want to isolate you and get you away from the forum to get your money. Don't fall prey to another scam to get your money. You've already lost enough money and throwing good money after bad doesn't make sense.

Anyone can create a website and use a drop box for their mail. The attorney scam is a new way to get more money from people who have been victimized already. Stay in the forum and don't be pulled into the scam.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 21, 2016 08:52 AM

Feb 21, 2016

I agree about the lawyers. I also agree that paying 1,500 US is ridiculous to get out of this poorly managed establishment. Who knows when they will make their next mistake and levy another assesment fee or worse, declare bankruptcy themselves! I appreciate this forum and wonder if there is some way to communicate with others who, like us, would like to, once and for all, put end to this issue! Judging from what I have read on this and other web pages, I believe there are many members who have not and do not want to pay one more penny to these people. Like you said, who wants to throw away good money after bad!!

M L.
Feb 21, 2016

One way is to stop paying and let them take you to court. If they are dumb enough to go after someone in court then you have the right to make them open their books before a judge and I doubt very much they want to open themselves to the scrutiny of an audit. Just sit back and see if they make a move. That way no one has to spend a penny until Suite Life decides what they want to do. My guess is that they are researching their options for bankruptcy.

Don P.
Feb 22, 2016

Like everybody on this forum, I'd like to walk away from Suitelife as well and I really don't want to have to pay them U.S. $1500, after all the other money I have given them over the years. The question is how to do it with finality and perhaps a lawyer is required to ensure the membership is absolutely finished with no future risk. Could a class action suit on behalf of interested members achieve this?

Keith S.
Mar 12, 2016

I complaint against Suitelife to BBB and Consumer Board. I am not going to pay membership as well as any special assessment fees. Suitelife have never made clear that there is any sort of special assessment fees. I would like to stand in front of Judge and face Suitelife lawyer. This organization need to be audited and investigated by legal system since they have not followed many consumer laws. One such law says Organization must make clear all applicable fees and costs. I have asked suitelife to return my remaining fees. I am sure they will declare bankruptcy soon. I hope all of us get together and contribute couple of hundred dollars to pull Suitelife in to court and get their records checked by investigating officer. Or let's make police complaint.

Shirish P.
Mar 13, 2016

I was just going back and reading an email they sent last year on August 3rd. Within the email, it said "click here" for info regarding the special assesment. Doing so reveals a copy of an email dated March 30 regarding the calculation of this assesment fee. Most of the numbers seemed to be rounded off! Thy call it the "accounting breakdown"! It lists: Dreamlife Bankruptcy - $582,030 Cost to fix weeks gone bad to date - $200,000 Cost to fix future weeks - $225,000 Reserve fund replenishment - $150,000 Legal fees expected to date - $30,000 Total - $1,187,030

Then they said they divided the amount among the 3,000 members to arrive at the $399!! The only actual figure that doesn't seem to be rounded off or estimated is the bankruptcy amount! I am not an accountant but can they actually round off numbers like that when asking people to pay for something that is actually a result of a bad investment on their part? How can the figures be so neat and tidy, no uneven dollars or cents? Do we have exactly 3,000 member, not 3,005 or 2,996? Seems a bit fishy!! Try fling your tax return with estimated or rounded off figures and see if the government complies and just take you word for it. How did they even get the authority to come to the members without an official financial statement justifying the fee?? Wish there was some way for all members to get together and confront them!

M L.
Mar 29, 2016

I received the collection letter a while back and simply ignored it (I am as angry as everyone else about this sudden "broker bankruptcy" issue- I have no intentions of paying that $399! Today ( March 29, 2016), I received my first "personal email" from somebody by the name of B. Patel, attempting to offer me the termination fee of $1500!!!! I'm not paying that either! I replied that I would be more than happy to pay my annual membership fee, but that's it! I said other than that, I would seek counsel prior to doing anything else. This is just feeling like a scam now.

Lisa M.
Mar 29, 2016

I for one AM getting informed! Thank you all! I feel more confident in ignoring their pleas for additional money from us!

Lisa M.
Mar 29, 2016

cpj2 wrote:
Hi Everyone.

Its "cpj2". My lawyer was able to cancel my membership with SuiteLife Vacations. If anyone wants out, please email me

Merry Christmas, Joseph.

Hi Joseph! I want out! I am Lisa from Michigan-- haven't paid my assessment fee and don't plan on it. Received my first email from somebody named Bach Patel from Suitelife, asking me to pay my " arrears". I replied with a simple, "I'll be contacting my attorney". Joseph, I can't afford an attorney but I certainly won't be bullied by these guys either! Can you help? Thanks for any free guidance! Lisaj2485@yahoo.com

Lisa M.
Mar 29, 2016

Hi cpj2, I am sure there are lots of people who Who would be happy to know how to put an end to this and get out!! You said to email you but didn't give your email address.

M L.
Mar 30, 2016

A person wrote in a letter in Timesharing Toady that he tried to get his home resort to take his timeshare back through a deed back. They refused his request so he stopped paying his maintenance fees . They then threatened him with collections . He told them to go ahead and take him to court . They then contacted him again and agreed to take it back at no cost .

He stood his ground and they backed down. You have the right to tell a collection agency to not contact you if they try to harass you. If they contact you after that you can collect thousands of dollars every time they violate that request . Stand your ground and if everyone does the same they will be forced to file for bankruptcy through their own bad management .

Don P.
Apr 21, 2016

I have been in touch with Suitelife and they are now pushing the US $1,500 exit fee, as I have made it obvious that I am not going to pay any extra "assessment fee" or even the maintenance fee. Sounds as if they are getting desperate for money and are indeed looking at a potential bankruptcy of their own. I'd suggest not paying anything at all and waiting to see what happens.

Keith S.
Dec 05, 2016

We bought our timeshare 2008. We used it in Orlando once after which my wife ended up with back surgery, lots of pain and unable to travel. We have paid the annual fee including the increases with the hope she would get better and be able to use our investment. We now know she will never be able to travel and it is time to cancel our involvement. When we tried to cancel we were quoted a cost of $1,500.00US dollars to cancel. When we signed up there was no cancellation fee and over the years, apparently they introduced one. If anybody has cancel successfully without paying this fee, we would like to know how that was done.

Jacob N.
Dec 05, 2016

jacobn15 wrote:
We bought our timeshare 2008....If anybody has cancel successfully without paying this fee, we would like to know how that was done.

First, let's clarify even though we might be splitting hairs here. You cannot "cancel" your timeshare. You bought a deeded property like a house. So, like a house, if you do not want it anymore, you can't "cancel" it. You just have to find another owner. So it goes with timeshares.

Now, for how to find another owner. First, who quoted you a cost of $1500? Was it someone from the resort itself or was it a supposed law firm, charity, or viking ship company. If you contacted the resort directly and someone in charge at the resort told you $1500, then that is probably the going rate. Some resorts will accept deedbacks (Diamond and Wyndham resorts are doing this right now) if you agree to pay closing costs and the next maintenance fee. That will usually work out to around $1500.

Another option would be to try to list it and give it away yourself. You can list it here on RedWeek. Other good websites are My Resort Network, E-Bay, Craigslist, and Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) which has a Bargain deals section that will allow you to list for free that you want to give your unit away. Keep in mind that most takers might expect the current owner (you, in this case) to pay the closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee. That could work out to around $1500, but likely somewhat less.

But never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare as that is a scam.

But again, please clarify, who quoted you $1500?

Lance C.
Dec 06, 2016

As I understand from prior posts that Suite Life is a vacation club not a timeshare. If that is the case then you can walk away without paying any penalty. Their mismanagement has been well documented and they would be hard pressed to find a judge that would allow them to charge members a fee for their gross negligence .

Don P.
Dec 06, 2016

Yes, its Suitelife Vacations Club that "rents" out their timeshares, you "purchase years" with Suitelife, and supposedly get discounts when you rent from their list. You can only supposedly get out of your S.L. contract (say you purchase 10 years) if you pay $1500, or wait until your time is up. That is where the $1500 comes from.

Mo R.
Jun 06, 2017

Hey all - what's the latest on S.L.V.? I have gotten a few reminders about the "special fee" that I refuse to pay, and also about the yearly maintenance fee that I decided not to pay, but they have not been aggressive at all about collecting it (despite originally telling everyone that if we don't pay it will be referred to a collection agency). I figure if I just ignore them, they will go away. The regular emails listing accommodation available have also been much less frequent than they used to be. They used to come at least monthly in previous years, but I think I may have gotten 2 or 3 in the last year.

With any luck these guys will go belly up.

Jerry A.
Jun 07, 2017

Most "vacation clubs" (I'm not talking about RESPECTABLE vacation clubs like Disney or Marriott or Hyatt; I am referring instead to obscure, unknown "vacation clubs" (e.g., Melia, Occidental, Global Vacation, etc.) which come and go all the time ---- and have for years.

Most are useless, few ever produce desirable reservations and fewer still will bother to chase you for fees. After all, you have ALREADY "donated to the cause". They know that their "financial efforts" are more productive when focused on obtaining money from unwary NEW "members", rather than chase after people who already realize their initial mistake. I would suggest telling any obscure "vacation club" looking for MORE money to just go pound sand. They are NEVER going to initiate further collection or legal efforts, as they NEVER want to see the inside of a courtroom, where so many of them belong --- AS DEFENDANTS!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 07, 2017 02:04 PM

Jun 07, 2017

I am familiar with this particular company. They made a terrible business decision a few years ago and made a deal with a Tanya Williams who ran a pyramid type scam that sold reservation to people without actually having the properties on the hope that they would acquire them by the time the family traveled. That also led to a huge stock of unrented properties that weren't being rented that Suitelife supplied to her .

Tanya finally had to go under after refusing to refund people for their missed vacations. She was denied bankruptcy and just disappeared from sight ( probably opening another company ) . Suitelife supplied her with a large inventory of properties that they never recovered . Then suitelife with their high and mighty attitude decided to levy a fee to it's customers to make up for the loss they incurred through their own bad business decisions .

I can't believe these soulless lowlives still expect the victims to pay for their bad business practices .

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.