Timeshare Companies

Dream Travel Condos anyone?

Feb 11, 2015

How do we file a complaint to the Bankruptcy Court?

Snowflake
Feb 11, 2015

you mean your bankruptcy attorney lol

Lorilee L.
Feb 12, 2015

I haven't heard anything about someone else being Tonya. I'm sure Tonya is reading every post in every forum about her. What you need to do is get the information for the bankruptcy court contact out there so everyone can file a claim and be heard. If you have information about any assets she holds that is very important especially if she fails to disclose any. They can go after her for fraud for failing to disclose any information. Your input is vital to the courts.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 12, 2015 07:42 AM

Feb 12, 2015

Don, Join the facebook page. There is a lot of information on that page for people who have been a victim. I am working with the bankruptcy court, the district attorney, The untied states Trustee, etc.

Kitty C.
Feb 12, 2015

I have not lost any money to Tonya. I have over thirty years experience in timeshare ownership. I also have been in law enforcement for over twenty five years and I feel strongly about putting scammers out of business. I went toe to toe with B J Cooke and his scam machine warning people to avoid his scheme. I enjoy helping others from falling prey to unscrupulous businesses.

My goal is to help owners gain some rights back in timeshare ownership. I have seen the timeshare industry go down hill especially over the last decade. It looks like the developers hold all the cards now. That has to change or the industry will implode eventually.

I only own one property now and I'm completely satisfied with my HOA and my property. I would like to see that used as the model for the industry.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 12, 2015 11:49 AM

Feb 16, 2015

I have a copy of her bankruptcy filing. There are over 100 creditors listed, the majority who are no doubt her victims.

I have also written to the US Attorney for Mississippi (US Attorney's Office, Ethridge Building, 900 Jefferson Avenue, Oxford, MS 38655) and State Attorney General (Mississippi Attorney General, Criminal Division, 550 High St, Jackson, MS 39201). Please followup with your own letters and stories.

Tonya Williams committed embezzlement via wire fraud. We were not loaning her our money. She was entrusted with it and stole it. Let's see ole Tonya squirm in the wind while the authorities go after her.

David B.
Feb 17, 2015

Yes, i have booked for several years with Tonya with no issues at all. Then this yr. i have pre-paid a week long stay in Daytona for $1595 and it appears there is an issue if she is bankrupt. thanks

teresa65 wrote:
If you were a vendor with Tonya Williams and Dream Travel will you contact me please?

Randy H.
Feb 19, 2015

My family is out $1,955.00 because of Tonya Williams. Booked a vacation to Aruba (Costa Linda) in June, 2014, for a week in March (3/6-13, 2015) . Called Costa Linda on 2/12/15 to confirm reservation and was told I had no reservation . Cannot get money back from MC or PayPal because I booked so long ago. Swienda at Costa Linda told me I cannot reach Tonya because she has moved. Are these two in this together? I will contact The Federal Trade Commission @ 1-877-382-4357 . I hope enough people get together and we all get some of our month back.

paula1387 wrote:
Hello everyone I just found out last night that my condo in Bonnett VRBO 362944 is no longer on the site and I paid $1000 on the 14th of Dec 2014 also that Tonya Williams has claimed bankruptcy. I was suppose to check in on the 14th of FEB 2015, but Tonya Williams has not been responding to emails and now her phone number is not in service. Tonya Williams needs to be in prison for fraud, I am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that happens. I think we all need to be in contact through phone, text, or email to make sure she is imprisoned and we hopefully can get our money. We all need to be in this together. I am calling the Attorney Generals office on Monday and I have already contacted the law firm in Tupelo, MS to have my name listed on the compliant list. She ruined my kids Disney vacation and all I want to do is make sure she never has another business like this again. Please everyone respond to this post and lets work together.

Susan K.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 13, 2015 09:47 PM

Feb 19, 2015

The Law Firm that is representing her is NOT going to help you. They are going to do everything they can to see to it that your claim is discharged in bankruptcy. The simple fact is that you will not recover your money from her, but maybe through the credit card company.

If you want Tonya to be held accountable then you need to contact both the US Attorney in Mississippi and the Mississippi Attorney General (I have listed their addresses above). She committed embezzlement by use of an electronic device which is wire fraud.

You need to file a claim form with the bankruptcy court and may have to file an adversary action with the bankruptcy court.

David B.
Feb 19, 2015

How have they determined that Tonya Williams has no assets? I imagine that she took all the assets out of her business (including our money) before she filed. If it is determined that her protection is voided, can the court go after her personal assets?

Timesharetopia

Last edited by sabinef on Feb 20, 2015 06:19 AM

Feb 20, 2015

I too have been scammed. Just found out today that my reservation at Playa Linda in Aruba for Mar 1 to 8 is most likely a fraud. Got bankruptcy letter in mail. Tonya Williams number has been disconnected. Have flights already made with no reservation. Will find out Monday for sure, but I guess I have been scammed. How do I get on the facebook page all are talking about. Any link?

Bob C.
Feb 20, 2015

Post a link please. I too have been scammed.

Bob C.
Feb 21, 2015

you need to file an adversary complaint - consult a paralegal or attorney. writing a letter will not help

Lorilee L.
Feb 21, 2015

I have a phone number for her. I tracked her down - if you want to be part of the bankruptcy claim you need to file an adversary complaint Consult an attorney for a nominal fee.

Lorilee L.
Feb 21, 2015

If enough people file adversary complaints the court can deny her petition for bankruptcy and even refer her case for criminal investigation if they see a pattern of fraud.

Don P.
Feb 21, 2015

You do not need to pay an attorney any fee nor do you need to file a claim. I have already spoken with the MS district attorney, the Attorney General, the federal trade commission, the US Bankruptcy Trustee, and her assigned, bankruptcy trustee. All we need to do is send in the paperwork where we communicated with Tonya Williams and the payment information as well as a letter explaining what happened and they can put the bankruptcy on hold while it is being investigated by the FTC and the AG. The bankruptcy court is not an investigative agency and therefore will not investigate any claims, they leave that up to the investigative agencies like the FTC and the AG. And FYI I am a paralegal. Join the Facebook page if you need further information.

Kitty C.
Feb 21, 2015

1) nothing happens in any court without a cross complaint. 2) writing letters will not help 3) the federal trade commission will not get involved - it's not a big enough fish. 4) The AG's office will most likely not get involved and fyi that is a state agency - bankruptcy court is a federal agency. 5) no bankruptcy goes on hold without an action filed against it. 6) consult an attorney for a small consultation fee. It's worth it.

robink157 wrote:
You do not need to pay an attorney any fee nor do you need to file a claim. I have already spoken with the MS district attorney, the Attorney General, the federal trade commission, the US Bankruptcy Trustee, and her assigned, bankruptcy trustee. All we need to do is send in the paperwork where we communicated with Tonya Williams and the payment information as well as a letter explaining what happened and they can put the bankruptcy on hold while it is being investigated by the FTC and the AG. The bankruptcy court is not an investigative agency and therefore will not investigate any claims, they leave that up to the investigative agencies like the FTC and the AG. And FYI I am a paralegal. Join the Facebook page if you need further information.

Lorilee L.
Feb 21, 2015

writing a letter is what is called exparte communication. It will not work. Consult an attorney. File your proof of claim. File a motion to dismiss based on fraud and file an adversary complaint. And what facebook are you talking about?

lorileel wrote:
1) nothing happens in any court without a cross complaint. 2) writing letters will not help 3) the federal trade commission will not get involved - it's not a big enough fish. 4) The AG's office will most likely not get involved and fyi that is a state agency - bankruptcy court is a federal agency. 5) no bankruptcy goes on hold without an action filed against it. 6) consult an attorney for a small consultation fee. It's worth it.

robink157 wrote:

Lorilee L.
Feb 21, 2015

The Facebook page you were banned from for causing problems and proving false information. Amx the FTC is already involved and if you don't think they are why don't you call them. Or for that matter why don't you call the DA. It doesn't matter if the AG is only state, they are just the investigative agency, it then gets presented to the DA to file charges. There is no complaint filed in bankruptcy court so you don't need a cross complaint. Have you even done any research or made any phone calls?

Kitty C.
Feb 21, 2015

lol, I didn't know I was banned - my life is too busy to notice something like that, lol,,,although I will say I have friends who are on there - I haven't even looked again,,so let me clear something up for you: if you are a paralegal you are certainly not experienced in bankruptcy proceedings. And the FTC takes hundreds of complaints maybe thousands so I am not sure what you mean that they are involved - to no real degree I can assure you. And which DA would that be? And it does matter because an attorney general has no jurisdiction over a federal court,if the AG investigates they will file state charges but the creditors won't see a dime,,,,,oh and by the way, the chapter 7 bankruptcy petition was filed without accompanying schedules which makes it deficient and could be dismissed forcing her to motion to reinstate, which would be granted. I am watching the filings in real time and I have everything saved to my computer up to yesterday,,,, fyi, so the only correct thing you are stating here is that NO COMPLAINT is filed yet - an adversary complaint and a motion to dismiss is filed against the petition filing - which is the originating cause or as you would put it the "complaint" this is not normal civil court nor is this a simple family court matter. And as to research,,,,over 30 years in the business and well versed,,,well versed,,and I am so experienced that I know without making a phone call what is going to happen,,,,,and fyi that is 24 years of federal and 3 state government agency experience and not as a paralegal,,,and besides, this isn't about YOU or ME,,,,it's about those who have a complaint,,,,why would you want them to not file a claim or motion to dismiss? curious ,,,,odd,,,,,good luck with your letter and phone calls,,,,cause you will need it...

robink157 wrote:
The Facebook page you were banned from for causing problems and proving false information. Amx the FTC is already involved and if you don't think they are why don't you call them. Or for that matter why don't you call the DA. It doesn't matter if the AG is only state, they are just the investigative agency, it then gets presented to the DA to file charges. There is no complaint filed in bankruptcy court so you don't need a cross complaint. Have you even done any research or made any phone calls?

Lorilee L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.