Closed
General Discussion

point rental liquidators

Feb 06, 2014

FROM ARDA (American Resort Development Association)

Select a Resale Company

The following are the procedures that ARDA and its members suggest using when choosing a resale company: Be prepared by having all your paperwork in order before proceeding (see the resale checklist). Ask what methods the company will use to advertise and promote the property. How can you get regular information on the status of the property? Be sure you know exactly what services the company will perform before making any payments, signing a contract or giving any credit card information. Get a written contract with a full description of the services to be provided. If you receive an offer from a resale company by telephone, email or otherwise, resist any pressure to make an immediate decision. Ask the reseller to put details of the offer in writing and send the information through the mail or by email. Obtain a written contract before making any payments or providing your credit card information. Once you have received the contract, be sure you understand the terms and conditions, including: any fees, commissions or other costs you must pay whether you can still rent or sell the interest on your own how long the contract will be in effect exactly what services the company will provide who is responsible for documenting and closing any sale Some resale companies charge up-front or advance fees for resale activities. The legality of these fees depends on your state law. Check your state law before paying any advance fees. You may wish to consult with a state government agency such as the Department of Real Estate, Real Estate Commission or the Bureau of Timesharing to determine the legality of such fees in your state. A list of such agencies is available at www.arello.com. Ask if the company holds a real estate brokers license in its home state. Check with the state real estate licensing agency or www.arello.comto verify the information. Understand that, despite what some salespeople may tell you, there are no guarantees that your vacation interest can be resold or rented at a particular price or within a certain period of time. Resale of property is not an overnight process. Do not expect immediate results, but don’t hesitate to check on the progress your company is making on reselling or renting. If you have listed your timeshare with a resale advertiser (rather than a licensed broker or sales person), any buyer or renter inquiries will usually come directly to you. If you have a problem, report it to the proper agencies: The Better Business Bureau, state and local real estate commissions and consumer protection agencies, consumer reporters, and state attorneys general. Make sure you get a written contract and understand the terms of the contract before paying any money. Be aware that some resale companies require up-front fees which are not refundable. Some of these fees may legitimately be for advertising your timeshare—ranging from as little as $25 to hundreds of dollars. Be wary of companies offering gimmicks, such as money-back guarantees, or threats or scare tactics in order to get money from you. Ask questions regarding the company’s background, history of resale or rental success, and who at the company, if anyone, will handle the closing and at what cost.

Resale Guidelines Looking for the most comprehensive information on the resale process? Visit the Timeshare Resale Resource Center or contact the ARDA-ROC Resale Information Hotline at 1.855.416.6187.

Boobie R.
Feb 06, 2014

Yep. You're right. Even the sales people are in on the scam everyone in this should be held responsible.

Jamie H.
Feb 06, 2014

WARNING Go to this BBB website, check out the map on the site shown in the post and look at it with satellite view and you will see Brandon J. "B.J." Cooke's house. THIS IS HIS NEW COMPANY'S LOCATION. He is working out of his house. He is going after ALL the people that he scammed the first two times. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!

Boobie R.
Feb 06, 2014

Oh please BJ, come after me and help me get my money back!

John M.
Feb 08, 2014

tinak117 wrote:
Yep, that's the same phone number I had spoken to BJ on when I discovered the scam they pulled on my parents. This new company was opened right about that same time, too. And, from the BS he has listed as his company's goals, he's just trying to pile another scam on top of the other scams. Ugh!

johnm2748 wrote:
Innovative Vacation Ownership Enhancements, LLC, 2702 River Run Court, Ottawa, IL 61350-9137 Founded: 07/13/2012 Principal: Brandon Cooke Registration No. 04030702

Products & Services:

This company offers Consulting/ Travel Agency/ Relief...Our company is going to help out people that are in a bad timeshare situation... 1. We would like to assist people that don\\\'t want their timeshares anymore to get out of them... 2. Help older people use their existing travel program if they are having a hard time because the industry has gone very internet based and not all people are internet savvy... 3. Offer other NON-TIMESHARE travel programs for people while mixing the option of getting out of theirs... 4. Help people get their money back from different timeshare scams such as resale and rental companies convincing seniors to pay up front money for bogus services.... Company will make money by providing relief services for a percentage of reimbursement WITHOUT UP FRONT MONEY charged to client as well consulting for different travel services.

See complete details at:

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/travel-agencies-and-bureaus/innovative-vacation-ownership-enhancements-in-ottawa-il-88573641

It's in public records he sold that house in Ottawa, IL in December 2013. I contacted the buyer and he sold that house and moved to Aurora, IL.

Earl K.
Feb 08, 2014

If this man/family lives in Aurora, please let me know for sure. As I live very close to Aurora, lL and would drive to this location and drag him out by the collar or at least arrange with the authorities to arrive with me. Please advise and I will do what it takes....

earlk19 wrote:
tinak117 wrote:
Yep, that's the same phone number I had spoken to BJ on when I discovered the scam they pulled on my parents. This new company was opened right about that same time, too. And, from the BS he has listed as his company's goals, he's just trying to pile another scam on top of the other scams. Ugh!

johnm2748 wrote:
Innovative Vacation Ownership Enhancements, LLC, 2702 River Run Court, Ottawa, IL 61350-9137 Founded: 07/13/2012 Principal: Brandon Cooke Registration No. 04030702

Products & Services:

This company offers Consulting/ Travel Agency/ Relief...Our company is going to help out people that are in a bad timeshare situation... 1. We would like to assist people that don\\\'t want their timeshares anymore to get out of them... 2. Help older people use their existing travel program if they are having a hard time because the industry has gone very internet based and not all people are internet savvy... 3. Offer other NON-TIMESHARE travel programs for people while mixing the option of getting out of theirs... 4. Help people get their money back from different timeshare scams such as resale and rental companies convincing seniors to pay up front money for bogus services.... Company will make money by providing relief services for a percentage of reimbursement WITHOUT UP FRONT MONEY charged to client as well consulting for different travel services.

See complete details at:

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/travel-agencies-and-bureaus/innovative-vacation-ownership-enhancements-in-ottawa-il-88573641

It's in public records he sold that house in Ottawa, IL in December 2013. I contacted the buyer and he sold that house and moved to Aurora, IL.

Eric J.
Feb 08, 2014

Hughes DeWailly scammed us in 2012--said he had worked for Silverleaf resorts and our weeks could be converted to 25,ooo points (if we purchased Sunset Harbor). Of course, he knew full well that Silverleaf doesn't allow their weeks to be converted to points; but we didn't know that. He needs to be charged with something. He was living in The Woodlands, TX; but then I heard he was working for Silverleaf, again--possibly at Fox River. How did the timeshare industry get infested with so many crooks? Lately, I've been getting a lot of calls about paying a company to rent my RCI Getaway/Bonus weeks. Has anyone heard about this? Now, I assume every call is a scam---sad.

Deborah C.
Feb 09, 2014

deborahc338 wrote:
Lately, I've been getting a lot of calls about paying a company to rent my RCI Getaway/Bonus weeks. Has anyone heard about this? Now, I assume every call is a scam---sad.

RCI's getaway weeks, last minute call weeks and bonus weeks are not allowed to be rented out, so yes this was a scam.

R P.
Feb 09, 2014

deborahc338 wrote:
Lately, I've been getting a lot of calls about paying a company to rent my RCI Getaway/Bonus weeks. Has anyone heard about this?

Yes. We hear of it constantly on timeshare forums like these. As JJ said, they are all scams. The real sad part is when people come on these boards asking about such operations after they have paid the scam artists.

For one thing, you do not own RCI Getaway/Bonus weeks. They are not yours to rent out. RCI Getaway/Bonus weeks are available to RCI members if they want an extra week to use for themselves (at a healthy cost, of course).

Secondly, never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. Even if you own a week to rent out, and agent that acts as a third party will take his commission out of the rental proceeds, you don't pay upfront.

Lance C.
Feb 09, 2014

Concerning Guy Russell, B J Cook et.al. The FBI along with at least 22 police agencies around the USA are investigating them for major fraud their days are numbered till they get a number on their left pocket.

James J.
Feb 11, 2014

D

John M.

Last edited by johnm2748 on Feb 11, 2014 02:19 PM

Feb 22, 2014

***Warning *** Warning *** Warning *** This is the medical center that Robert Guy Russell & Nonna Russell opened with ALL the money they SCAMMED from ALL of us. The Courts shut this place down FOREVER. Check out link below.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/doctors-express-henderson

Boobie R.

Last edited by boobier on Feb 22, 2014 06:01 AM

Feb 22, 2014

*** Warning *** Warning *** Warning *** EPS Story to watch.. This is the company the Robert Guy Russell, Nonna Russell & Brandon B.J. Cooke own. Check out the link below.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Time-Share-Investment-No-Vacation-238640891.html?ref=891

Boobie R.
Feb 22, 2014

Great job Boobier. Looks like they got caught doing something seriously wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't an investigation into medicare and insurance fraud knowing their past scamming. Maybe the end is finally coming and we will see justice for the scammers. If the authorities look into their past that might trigger an investigation into their timeshare scams. They might roll over on the others to get a break. After all there is no honor among thieves.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 22, 2014 07:25 AM

Feb 22, 2014

Kudos to boobier and others that helped shut this clinic down ..... next hopefully will be BJ Cooke and associates.

R P.
Feb 22, 2014

Everyone just remember that O J Simpson is sitting in jail not for the crime they originally went after him for. These low lives will get theirs just like O J did. Then they might rat out the other scammers for a lighter sentence. Let's all sit back and enjoy the show. Every dog has it's day.

Don P.
Feb 23, 2014

Glad to hear the good news. My lawyer gave "the fraudulent parties" until February 26 to respond to his demand of the return of our money, but there has been no response. The suit WILL be filed after that deadline.

Larry M.
Feb 24, 2014

Keep up the great work everybody!! I have filed with the BBB in three states two of which at least responded back but really I don't think they will do more than send letters. Don't think the BBB has passion or fight to really go after these businesses and protect/fight for the consumer. All they do is send two letters which both get "returned to sender" and then the BBB let's it sit. Wish they would do more....

Does anyone have any updates as to why this Doctors Express was closed? Any update as to where this story stands?? Please advise to all....Thanks.

Eric J.
Feb 24, 2014

Fantastic news about Guy and Nonna's clinic. Couldn't have happened to a more despicable pair. Let's hope that this marks the beginning of the end for these sick bastards and their courtier of sleeze.

Special thanks to Boobier for keeping up with this and keeping everyone informed. Would love to hear an account of what prompted the "clinic" closure. I'm betting on something unethical and/or criminal!

Last week, I received receipt card back from Illinois AG.

Jeffe C.
Feb 24, 2014

Talk about adding insult to injury. Sunset Harbor, out of the goodness of their heart, is willing to let me surrender my ownership to them, removing from me the obligation to pay annual maintenance fees... for only $1,125 in processing fees!

Let me get this straight; 1. They got my money from PRL when I bought the timeshare. 2. They got my money when I paid maintenance fees. 3. They get my money when I pay to release ownership back to them. 4. They get money from someone else when they resell the timeshare.

Talk about a scam in the making. All on the back of retired people. Talk about people with heart. <Cold hearts.>

Sakshale E.

This thread is closed. Try searching for a topic or browse our list of forums to join the discussion.