The Manhattan Club

the manhattan club

May 14, 2012

Dear Cookie14, You've got to be kidding! This hotel/timeshare property is being run into the ground and look who's been paying for it. We have owned for eight and I can't even get a room or seven nights one or two at a time a n y time of year. Furniture is dirty the sofas, chairs, floors. sleeper sofas are old, stained, and soiled disqusting. What room do you request? I'd like to know. I have had to change rooms several times because of the conditions of the rooms.

Vanessa S.
May 14, 2012

What happened to the class action suit?

David F.
May 15, 2012

cookie17 the complaint is about the outrageous maintenance fees, even in NYC they are out of control, you can get nice hotels suites in the area for $300 per night when you want even the same day, to buy a room for $25,000 that is sold 52 times =1300000 then charge each owners $2,268 = $117936 formaintaing the room,is greed, Eichner made his profit when he sold the rooms,he should not be making any more profit off a room that he no longer owns,owners should just pay what it cost to maintain, no more, then there is the problem with getting reservations, no owners that owens a property should have to fight and beg to get to his or her property, but like you I love The Manhattan Club, I own 7 timeshares All gold or 5 stars,and to me TMC is by far the most comfortable rooms,and services, but than when you can get into a property you own

Howard B.
May 16, 2012

I'm beginning to think that the fact that Eichner having worked in the NYC legal system, before becoming a NYC developer gives him immunity somehow from prosecution in his fraudulent practices. He is clever in placing his managment board (one of which he is) and few owners (majority vote being mgmt representing their own benefits $'s ) the owners can never out vote board. This increasing maintenance is never going to go away unless he is brought up on charges. Even the class action suit will not protect us from Eichner greed. There will be no money, no take back or reverse buy. The only option is to give it back so he can continue to sell to more unsuspecting people! Something is wrong with this!

Vanessa S.
Jun 09, 2012

caroled20 wrote:
pixie wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

I think the Manhattan Clubs units do not look as good now as they did when we bought in 2001. We were there almost a year and a half ago and will return in Dec. I wonder what we'll find. CK

I'm thinking about buying here, sight unseen. It sounds good, but is this someplace I'd be proud to bring a few girlfriends for a few days? Or is it beginning to look shabby? CD

Chris V.
Jun 10, 2012

chrisv126 wrote:
caroled20 wrote:
pixie wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

I think the Manhattan Clubs units do not look as good now as they did when we bought in 2001. We were there almost a year and a half ago and will return in Dec. I wonder what we'll find. CK

I'm thinking about buying here, sight unseen. It sounds good, but is this someplace I'd be proud to bring a few girlfriends for a few days? Or is it beginning to look shabby? CD

Garry J.
Jun 30, 2012

caroled20 wrote:
pixie wrote:
jessicar61 wrote:
what do you think??????

L C.
Jul 05, 2012

Yes it's beginning to look shabby. I can't believe what they do with the maintenance fees. We don't vote because no one seems to step up to the plate and complain....

Annmarie C.
Jul 05, 2012

Whatever you do, don't buy at Man. Club. If you are interested, they are giving them away, that is, if you can afford the mtnse fees...You won't be able to book the room when you want it. they want 1 year advance and even then it is limited...DONT BUY!!!!!!! If you insist, I have a 1 bd 2 bth I;m trying to unload....

Annmarie C.

Last edited by annmariec20 on Jul 05, 2012 10:50 AM

Jul 06, 2012

don't "unload"...contact afung@crainsnewyork, a real estate reporter who's doing a follow-up story on bruce eichner's fraud accusations in her past article dated july 2011, in CRAINS NEW YORK BUSINESS NEWSPAPER......................google it for more info. call her. she's welcome more info for her upcoming article exposing the possible fraudulent activities at the MANHATTAN CLUB!!!! DON'T WAIT...............DO IT NOW. CHRIS

Chris V.
Jul 06, 2012

Thanks Chris for that email address maybe finally they'll be some movement on the class action and i will contact Amanda Fung with my horror story. There is a facebook page also i will put your post up withoutb your address or you could put it up yourself the more people aware of Amamda the better. Thanks Again....

Kathleen B.
Jul 30, 2012

IS THE MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE GOING HAVING MEGA PROBLEMS????? CHECK CRAIN'S NEW YORK BUSINESS NEWSPAPER, AMANDA FUNG'S, REAL ESTATE COLUMNIST, ARTICLE DATED JULY 23,2012 FOR DETAILS.....AN EYEOPENER. YOU MIGHT RECONSIDER BUYING INTO THIS TIMESHARE, A PHYSICALLY WONDERFUL PLACE, BUT WITH VERY QUESTIONABLE MANAGEMENT. IN OTHER WORDS, DON'T BUY, AND SAVE YOURSELF FROM MANY FORMS OF AGGRAVATION FROM MAKING RESERVATIONS TO EXORBITANT MANAGEMENT FEES.

Chris V.
Aug 09, 2012

CAUTION! DO NOT.. REPEAT, DO NOT BUY AT THE MANHATTAN CLUB! For us owners, a plan is needed to move forward. Volunteers are needed to operate an information table outside the entrance on a revolving basis. This is the only way to get management's attention.

John M.
Aug 09, 2012

johnm2540 wrote:
CAUTION! DO NOT.. REPEAT, DO NOT BUY AT THE MANHATTAN CLUB! For us owners, a plan is needed to move forward. Volunteers are needed to operate an information table outside the entrance on a revolving basis. This is the only way to get management's attention.

go to www.ag.ny.gov............click on resources...........then select the complaint form for timeshares/condos, download the form, print it, fill it out with any and all complaints about the MC, then snail mail it to the new york state attorney general's manhattan office. i did this a while ago and recently received a positive response from the AG......simply paraphrasing/quoting from the AG's letter: "received...complaint...met with reps from MC...to respond to me directly, as well as to the AG'S office...as a result of your complaint, we have requested greater transparency in the MC'S sales & marketing techniques and caution prospective buyers........................." the AG'S ...."MATTER IDENTIFICATION NO. 1007731" as printed on the letter sent to me. i suggest you reference this number when you write to the AG.

setting up "information tables outside TMC" requires a nyc permit, which i doubt we'd get, but it's a fine idea if you wish to pursue it.........count me in if you do...........meanwhile, GET YOUR LETTER TO THE NYSAG'S office right away while the case is still fresh. i believe that the more of us that write, the more aggressive the AG will be to help solve our serious MC management issues.

chris

ps i scanned a copy of my letter from the AG to our manhattan clubowners yahoo group. look it up.

chris

Chris V.
Aug 10, 2012

What yahoo group? What happened to the class action suti?

David F.
Dec 12, 2012

I have seen no postings about the Manhattan Club since August. What is the status of the class action suit? Does anybody know?

Dave

David F.
Apr 18, 2013

We have the 1 week gold plan which includes 1 weekend per year. When we tried to book, there were no weekend rooms available despite the fact that we are entitled to 1 weekend. We could not book any consecutive week days either and certainly none on the days that we requested. All in all, there was no way to get our 7 days at any time during the year as Manhattan Club stated that all but 6 dates were used up. Rooms were available to the public on booking.com for the dates that we wanted yet these rooms were not available to us (owners). This was not the way it was presented to us in the original offering. We are also very anxious to pursue a class action suit as the maintenance is exhorbitant and rooms are not available.

jonathan2 wrote:
peter717 wrote:
I am seriously considering pursuing a class action against the Manhattan Club for what appears to be fradulent business practices. I own 3 weeks of timeshare at MC and have had some of the same experiences many of you have had. If you would like to contact me I can be reached at Docdefender@hotmail.com.
Peter, I would be very supportive of this measure especially if it would force the MC to divulge the names of all the owners. The developer, who is also Chairman of the Board of the Homeowner's Association forever or until he voluntarily gives it up, has not been willing to share this info. I attended a HOA meeting in August of 2006 and it was a complete waste of time. If we could communicate with each other (there are over 13,000 owners) we could have some power. Everyone I have spoken to feels that we are getting ripped off. How come I can get time in the MC through EXPEDIA and I can't through reservations? Anyway keep me posted. Jonathan

Rich W.
Apr 18, 2013

If you could believe it - we are going there in two weeks on a Friday and received a letter trying to encourage us to bring a friend to one of their presentations. Imagine bringing a friend? I would only bring an enemy. If the club does not have availability now, why would we want to have additional owners competing for the same space????

Shari D.
Apr 19, 2013

if you do bring any non owner to an MC presentation, be sure that person is an attorney who can spy on them and note any and all fraudulent information the MC passes on to prospective sucker purchasers. the attendee should also ask for ironclad guarantees about reservations and maintenance fees, and question policies concerning these items.

sharid18 wrote:
If you could believe it - we are going there in two weeks on a Friday and received a letter trying to encourage us to bring a friend to one of their presentations. Imagine bringing a friend? I would only bring an enemy. If the club does not have availability now, why would we want to have additional owners competing for the same space????

Chris V.
Apr 19, 2013

...............LIES, A SERIES OF PERPETUATED LIES PASSED ON TO EACH PRESENTATION ATTENDEE..................................... THOSE ATTENDEES WISE ENOUGH SAY "NOT FOR ME!!" OTHERS, LIKE ME, BEING IMPRESSED WITH THE FINE FACILITY THAT THE MC IS, SIGN, STUPIDLY, ON THE PROVERBIAL DOTTED LINE AND DON'T GET ACCEPTABLE RESERVATIONS (UNLESS BOOKED 9 MOS./1YR. IN ADVANCE) AND PAY EXORBITANT MAINTENANCE FEES LINING THE POCKETS OF THE MC PRINCIPALS.

Chris V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.