Club Vacances Magog

Membership Time share

Oct 26, 2006

I am emailing concerning a membership i paid 3300 dollars for at Magog. One that was quickly taken from me. Causing us to lose our money along with it. With a paragraph from you on how you were changing over to a private club. I called many times only to be put off and given the run around. It's hard to get answers from someone you can't find isn't it. Thanks a lot Magog!

Joan H.
Jan 05, 2007

There is no doubt that the owners of this timeshare misled a good number of people, plus attempted on a number of occasions to get more money (eg: for conversion to points and last ditch effort for providing a deed). We purchased in 2000, went to this home resort twice and exchanged 2 other times before finding out on our day of departure that a trustee had taken over, only to later having the trustee sell the place privately. This left us and many other members with a lost investment while the owners slipped away from their moral obligations. A lesson to all: know the seller's financials and get a deed.

Dpmds D.
Mar 20, 2007

joanh48 wrote:
I am emailing concerning a membership i paid 3300 dollars for at Magog. One that was quickly taken from me. Causing us to lose our money along with it. With a paragraph from you on how you were changing over to a private club. I called many times only to be put off and given the run around. It's hard to get answers from someone you can't find isn't it. Thanks a lot Magog!

I am quite interested in getting the story behind the "changeover" as my wife and I are in the same boat. We lost our money and have never been given anything from the original owner. I would really appreciate hearing from you. You can e-mail me at jprowse@gallery.ca Many thanks! - Jim Prowse.

Jim P.
Mar 20, 2007

dpmdsd wrote:
There is no doubt that the owners of this timeshare misled a good number of people, plus attempted on a number of occasions to get more money (eg: for conversion to points and last ditch effort for providing a deed). We purchased in 2000, went to this home resort twice and exchanged 2 other times before finding out on our day of departure that a trustee had taken over, only to later having the trustee sell the place privately. This left us and many other members with a lost investment while the owners slipped away from their moral obligations. A lesson to all: know the seller's financials and get a deed.

I am quite interested in getting the story behind the "changeover" as my wife and I are in the same boat. We lost our money and have never been given anything from the original owner. I would really appreciate hearing from you. You can e-mail me at jprowse@gallery.ca Many thanks! - Jim Prowse.

Jim P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.