Melia Vacation Club at Melia Cozumel

Question about renting or selling from this resort

Nov 09, 2006

Is there anyone out there who has been successful in renting or selling their week or weeks at this resort? If so for how much? Thanks

Kelly B.
Aug 25, 2007

Wow, responding so long after you posted question! just started looking at these forums. Yes, I've rented my Melia week in the past, getting $700 for the lock-off/week. Entire villa goes for $1,500 or more depending on your week. Actually week could be less if its not a prime week. I own prime time, so can even get xmas or easter etc and these weeks would bring much more. Don't know what week you own. Hope this helps you still. On selling, we have not tried. Since the Melia bought out the local owner, renovations have been done and things seem to be improving. It has not lost its charm or friendliness either. I think selling would be hard as the Melia is now on a "MAS" point system when you buy. We bought in early 1990's so system was different and not sure how that would all work or convert. Melia wanted us to buy into the 'mas' system, but we opted not to. d

Deb F.
Jan 10, 2008

Don't know if this helps or not, but we just purchased a week at a very reasonable rate. We will be there the 27 of Jan. Can't wait.

Helen E.
Mar 19, 2008

We're staying at a time share the first week of June. Will we be able to get drinks at the bars by paying or eating at any of their facilties by paying without paying for the all-inclusive? Thanks.

Rhonda B.
Mar 19, 2008

rhondab55 wrote:
We're staying at a time share the first week of June. Will we be able to get drinks at the bars by paying or eating at any of their facilties by paying without paying for the all-inclusive? Thanks.
You can purchase food and drinks, but the cost is not worth it. I think the drinks are $15 and meals are $25. They really want you to do the A/I so they make it really difficult to do otherwise. That is really the only thing we didn't like about the resort & it wasn't really that big of a deal.

Helen E.
Mar 20, 2008

rhondab55 wrote:
helene94 wrote:
rhondab55 wrote:
You can purchase food and drinks, but the cost is not worth it. I think the drinks are $15 and meals are $25. They really want you to do the A/I so they make it really difficult to do otherwise. That is really the only thing we didn't like about the resort & it wasn't really that big of a deal.
Thanks so much.

Rhonda B.
Mar 20, 2008

helene94 wrote:
rhondab55 wrote:

Rhonda B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.