Imperial Fiesta Club at Hotel Casa Maya

Getting this forum started

Nov 16, 2006

It looks like I'm the first post -- that or I can't figure out how to find any. ;-) We've owned at IFC for about 10 years and always enjoy our visits there. We now own an Imperial unit and in February we're going to spend two weeks -- one in the studio and the second in the one bedroom. We haven't stayed in the studio before and I'm a little worried it'll feel very small after staying in the Ambassador but, it'll be the first week and we'll make up for it with the second week in the Ambassador side.

We traded in a Tahoe timeshare to upgrade to the Imperial unit, thinking that we'd be immediately free of that Tahoe commitment. Not so. Until they sell that unit, we're still the owners and responsible for all the fees, etc. So, be careful if they offer that as an incentive. IFC has been very cooperative but they are a little clueless about what happens after they take the trade-in. If it doesn't sell by the time we go back in Feb, I'll have a stern talk with sales and get this resolved before the next maintenance fee is due -- and get back the unexpected maintenance fee I had to pay this year. They already offered to give me back my Tahoe unit if it didn't work out. I may take them up on it and sell it myself. Cheap.

I'll be checking this site often so I hope to hear how other members spend their time when they're in Cancun. We tend not to venture too far, having already taken all the tours at least once.

Maryanna B.
Jan 05, 2007

We bought at IFC in 1994 and have also enjoyed many vists. However, this past Thanksgiving we stayed at the Aventura Spa Palace in Cancun and traded our IFC timeshare for theirs and are at the tailend of the transfer process. We traded one of our IFC weeks thru RCI for the ASP. We are only responsible for any maintenance fees that may be due within 90 days of purchase date, which fortunately we did not have to worry about. When we bought at IFC we traded in the first time share we bought and I will tell you it did not go as smoothly as this one. Maybe it's because the Spa Palace is a larger organization - I don't know but so far so good.

We have also done all the tours but never get tired of hanging out at Coco Loco bar. We have had some great times making friends with the staff.

Going downtown (locals downtown) is always fun. Shopping, a little bartering and everything's so much cheaper.

But if you haven't been to Xcaret you must go..... float in the underground river, see the dolphins and stay for the night show.

On our recent visit we heard about going to the caves for snorkeling. It's also called something else but I can't think of it. They say it's great but we just stayed at the resort.

Anyway, hope I didn't ramble on too much.

Lor

Lori C.
May 19, 2007

I am planning to rent next September 07 for a week, with my family of 4 and 1 5 year old, but we do NOT want an All Inclusive plan, is that possible at this resort? Luis

Luis J.
May 23, 2007

IFC is not all inclusive. In fact, I think it's one of the few left in Cancun that isn't. That's important to us because we don't drink much at all and don't have kids so most all inclusive costs are a waste for us. IFC usually offers some kind of package to non-members that make it attractive to eat at their restaurants but it's not required that you buy it. I've sent renters there in the past and they've come back with great reviews. The resort is not as fancy as the newer ones but it's very comfortable and easy to get around. Friendly staff. Great beach. You'll like it, I'm sure.

Maryanna B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.