Kaanapali Beach Club

Are the renovations complete?

Nov 18, 2006

I have read much about the renovations that have been going on at this property from others that have stayed there. Are they still going on - and will they still be under way in April 2007?

Cyd L.
Dec 06, 2006

I contacted the President of the Home Owner's Association and was told that the renovations will be complete before the end of 2006.

Randy C.
Dec 06, 2006

Wonderful news! Thank you so much for that information. We will be staying there for our first trip to Maui - and a treat for our 9th Anniversayr - very excited. Thanks again.

Cyd L.
Dec 08, 2006

I missed providing the other part of the response: "We do plan on resurfacing the swimming pool and spa during the last week of November & first week of December. This will entail closing the pool down during this period." This is for 2007.

Randy C.
Dec 14, 2006

randy wrote:
I missed providing the other part of the response: "We do plan on resurfacing the swimming pool and spa during the last week of November & first week of December. This will entail closing the pool down during this period." This is for 2007.
Please clarify- did they say that the swimming pool and the spa will be closed the last week of November and 1st week of December of 2007? Thanks!

Redd W.
Dec 14, 2006

Yes... closed.

Randy C.
Mar 02, 2007

randy wrote:
Yes... closed.
So do you then mean that you ave not alerted any owners who wish to come for Thanksgiving as we planned to do that there would be no pool to use at this time? No one has contacted me at all

Michaele H.
Mar 02, 2007

Would someone please contact me as an owner so I may reschedule our trip for when the pool is open? ASAP Thank you. We had planned to be there for Thanksgiving, and mercifuly we have not purchased our plane tickets already.

Michaele H.
Mar 02, 2007

michaeleh wrote:
Would someone please contact me as an owner so I may reschedule our trip for when the pool is open? ASAP Thank you. We had planned to be there for Thanksgiving, and mercifuly we have not purchased our plane tickets already.

Hi Michael,

I was able to find this information on the internet:

"Update: Jan. 23, 2007

Project that entails resurfacing and repair of the swimming pool and slide is forecasted to commence on November 1, 2007 and is expected to be completed by December 22, 2007. As a result, the pool and surrounding area will be inaccessible during this time."

You should contact the resort directly to verify the above information. Their phone number is 877-988-6284 or email address info@Sunterramaui.com or owners@Sunterramaui.com

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Mar 03, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
michaeleh wrote:

Hi Michael,

I was able to find this information on the internet:

"Update: Jan. 23, 2007

Project that entails resurfacing and repair of the swimming pool and slide is forecasted to commence on November 1, 2007 and is expected to be completed by December 22, 2007. As a result, the pool and surrounding area will be inaccessible during this time."

You should contact the resort directly to verify the above information. Their phone number is 877-988-6284 or email address info@Sunterramaui.com or owners@Sunterramaui.com

Thanks, Marty

Rhank you Marty for the update..I really apprecate and only wish the Owners Association felt it had an obligations to write a letter for those of us who do not always have an up and running computer..Michaele

Michaele H.
Mar 03, 2007

Dear Marty Thank you for helping..but where do I find the Jamuary 23rd Update? on what web site? I do not always have an up and runnng computer and hae expected I guess to receive a mailing by the post office to any rennovations..will the owners be paying more for this or is it in the prior assessment for renovations? are you an Owner? Please RSVP..Michaele

Michaele H.
Mar 03, 2007

michaeleh wrote:
Dear Marty Thank you for helping..but where do I find the Jamuary 23rd Update? on what web site? I do not always have an up and runnng computer and hae expected I guess to receive a mailing by the post office to any rennovations..will the owners be paying more for this or is it in the prior assessment for renovations? are you an Owner? Please RSVP..Michaele

Hi Michaele,

I don't own there. I work for RedWeek.com. I found the pool infomation by doing a search and believe it or not found it on the Northwest Airline website so that's why I recommend you contact the resort to verify the information. The link is http://www.nwaworldvacations.com/planning/hotel.do?hotelId=OGG_EMB_EMB

You'll have to scroll down to where it says "Construction". I wasn't able to find any updates on the resort's website so I don't know how accurate this information is.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Mar 04, 2007

Thank you Marty..you have been really helpful..and I will co tinue to use Redweek.com...I have been tiking of dropping my week at embassy in the RCI bank..to bank or exchange for time in San Diego...is here an advantage o one and not the other I should know about.? Again I so appreciate your response..

Michaele H.
Mar 05, 2007

michaeleh wrote:
Thank you Marty..you have been really helpful..and I will co tinue to use Redweek.com...I have been tiking of dropping my week at embassy in the RCI bank..to bank or exchange for time in San Diego...is here an advantage o one and not the other I should know about.? Again I so appreciate your response..

You might try posting an exchange here on RedWeek.com. We are running a promotion on free exchanges until March 18th, 2007. For more details please click on http://www.redweek.com/articles/free-exchange-promotion

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Mar 08, 2007

NEWS: In the board meeting held today (March 8, 2007) it was decided that no renovations that will affect the enjoyment of the resort by its owners will be done without a full year's notice. This decision puts off the 2007 plans for pool and spa resurfacing.

It helps to get owner representatives on the board!

Randy C.
Jan 30, 2010

Does anyone have pictures of the new pool rennovations? Thanks!

Dana V.
Feb 09, 2010

Yes, they are complete. I don't have pictures but basically it looks the same. Pool area has been resurfaced & painted (same) but there are new pool- side chairs.

Pam S.
Dec 28, 2010

Yes in the resort "SALES" business it is called smoke and mirrors. But because "Construction Crews" are involved it can "legally" be called "RENOVATION".

What ever you call it, it was not worth the price we are paying DRI to put these window dressings up. These guys are doing only as much as is needed to make their presentation great, so they can sell more magic points (converted deeds). We have not been to KBC for a couple of years but I am not seeing the higher fees doing anything special, in fact it looks like services are reduced like the cocktail hour. Something does not add up here, if we must pay more to DRI to maintain our resort and we receive less why do we still allow them to "maintain our resort"

My two cents.

CVO

Vacation O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.