Nov 28, 2006

I notice that under the "Week" column in the resales, sellers either put their week number, or "floating". What is the difference ? I thought an owner could visit the resort at any time, not just during their own week. Thanks.........

Phebe W.
Dec 31, 2006

the way we understand this is, you either own a floating week or a fixed week. if you own floating, you can reserve any week you want ( if it's available ). some holiday weeks are impossible to get if you wait too late in the year to reserve them. the benefit of a fixed week (with a number next to it) is that it's always available for you.

Terrie P.
Jan 01, 2007

terrieo2 wrote:
the way we understand this is, you either own a floating week or a fixed week. if you own floating, you can reserve any week you want ( if it's available ). some holiday weeks are impossible to get if you wait too late in the year to reserve them. the benefit of a fixed week (with a number next to it) is that it's always available for you.

I agree with terrieo2 explanation. Only thing I would add is that 'usually' the floating weeks have 'seasons' they have purchased into, usually a block of 3 - 5 consecutive months of the year. These are sold based on the demand of the 'seasons' for that particular resort, so Red week seasons would be priced higher than White or Blue week seasons. Hope this helps explain it a little better.

Joe L.
Jul 19, 2007

sunbird wrote:
I notice that under the "Week" column in the resales, sellers either put their week number, or "floating". What is the difference ? I thought an owner could visit the resort at any time, not just during their own week. Thanks.........
At Los Cabos or Blanco as some call it, you can pay a fee to move your fixed week to another week during the year. It is called an internal exchange. With a floating week, you can call, visit or email reservations and request a week up to one year in advance of when you would like to use your week. Keep in mind that all weeks there start on Monday. A good web site that deals only in Pueblo Bonito transactions is www.PuebloBonitoSales.com

Tad B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.