Dec 12, 2006

So, how long have you been an owner? We bought in at the pre-construction price several yrs ago. Oceanfront. We like it, but we're glad we only bought every other year. Too long a drive for me to handle every year. 2008 will be our next trip. The resort is very nice, but boy did the rules change from the first time we stayed there. I guess you have to have rules though. The splash program really doesn't fit our needs. Feel sorry for the ones that live close and are limited to so many days and visits. But rules are rules huh. So, what are your thoughts on the resort?

Rich D.
Dec 19, 2006

rich46 wrote:
So, how long have you been an owner? We bought in at the pre-construction price several yrs ago. Oceanfront. We like it, but we're glad we only bought every other year. Too long a drive for me to handle every year. 2008 will be our next trip. The resort is very nice, but boy did the rules change from the first time we stayed there. I guess you have to have rules though. The splash program really doesn't fit our needs. Feel sorry for the ones that live close and are limited to so many days and visits. But rules are rules huh. So, what are your thoughts on the resort?

I too bought in preconstruction and live near the resort to utilize their facilities. It has been a wonderful experience especially when family visits. There have been some rules put in place to better everyone's experience. It keeps out the riff raff. Well kept resort in a great location on the beach and close to Port Canaveral.

Louise F.
Jun 09, 2007

I have owned about 3 years. I was so excited to have such a beautiful resort next door that I didn't pay much attention to the terms. I own every other year, but have to pay maintenance every year! I also have to pay separately to use the facilities every year. So far I have booked my lock out unit with the RCI and haven't benefited much from owning at all. One week exchange in Cancun 2 years ago. I really don't know what to do with it.

Josephine B.
Aug 15, 2007

See comment under other topic about recent stays. I would not buy this property, unless you are not a discerning traveler. Get it though if you live nearby to get some benefits of a beach, but hmmmm. Price for RedWeek quoted was $23,000....never worth that for this type of property. Heard it is hard to exchange out of, but don't really ever see it available on RCI so go figure. Better to buy a Hilton GV club, Disney or Marriott with better upscale properties and use. Just our view.

JEan W.
Oct 17, 2007

We've had good success with exchanging and renting our unit. We never used RCI but chose an independent (SFX). We were able to get a unit at the Valdoro in Breckenridge two years ago and then get a good rental rate last year. We're hoping to rent it out again this next year to help pay for our Yellowstone trip. One big benefit of owning has been getting my husband to take a vacation each year!

We haven't received our annual bill yet but I have heard that renewal of the Club Caribe membership has gone up since we first bought. That is one thing that will not make me a happy camper. We live local and like to occasionally enjoy the amenities with our kids. We love the resort and it has a great reputation for keeping things family oriented.

Jennifer N.
Feb 06, 2008

We are local owners and do enjoy bringing our kids over for the day. We have never stayed at the resort and end up trading our week(s) on RCI. We bought a 2 bedroom lockout, but could have gotten the same benefits from a studio for all that we use it for. We have had it up for sale but haven't had a bite yet. I think it would be great for a family in the Orlando area, for use of the beach and the week long stay. Wish I knew how to market my unit for resale in that area. Any ideas?

Mary jo P.
Mar 15, 2008

We bought 4 years ago. We have 2 units, and our kids love it there.I have mixed feelings about it, we have to follow the school breaks and with our schedules its very hard to make reservations so far in advance.I dont like the rule that you cant book holiday weeks one year then again the next year. I tried to get a week for April and was unable so now I have 2 weeks I cant use this year and I just had to rent a condo in Orlando for our vacation this year. To tell you the truth the price was great so now I think with all the maintenance fees and club fees am I really saving money as an owner??? My husband says get rid of them! I dont know, I have 2 boys 18 who leave for collage soon but a daughter 15 who loves it. I tell my husband when the Kids are gone we can start trading and travel places we couldnt with the kids. Who knows how much of a hassel it will be to trade, hope its not like trying to get a reservation at our home resort! Dont get me wrong it is a GREAT place for families!

Kimberly M.

Last edited by kimberlym152 on Mar 15, 2008 12:18 PM

Jun 28, 2008

kimberlym152 wrote:
We bought 4 years ago. We have 2 units, and our kids love it there.I have mixed feelings about it, we have to follow the school breaks and with our schedules its very hard to make reservations so far in advance.I dont like the rule that you cant book holiday weeks one year then again the next year. I tried to get a week for April and was unable so now I have 2 weeks I cant use this year and I just had to rent a condo in Orlando for our vacation this year. To tell you the truth the price was great so now I think with all the maintenance fees and club fees am I really saving money as an owner??? My husband says get rid of them! I dont know, I have 2 boys 18 who leave for collage soon but a daughter 15 who loves it. I tell my husband when the Kids are gone we can start trading and travel places we couldnt with the kids. Who knows how much of a hassel it will be to trade, hope its not like trying to get a reservation at our home resort! Dont get me wrong it is a GREAT place for families!
We just bought a 2 bedroom oceanside. The salesman made it sound easy to put it up for rent, then use the special resort deals or RCI privilidges for owners. I liked the idea of the w/in 14 day stay for as little of $50 a night - can you realy get those deals? Also, the RCI pin number that lets you stay at timeshare resorts all over the world for around $250 a week (if you book within 45 days) or for an extra $150 book further out. He made it sound like that RCI feature was unique for Cape Caribe because were are not an RCI owned property. Also, he said we could book through RCI to stay at the beach (Cape Caribe) for a week at very discounted rates. He also said that because we would be paying guests (not just RCI week exchangers), that when we use the owner PIN number and get the great deals that they would be more likely to give the room to use - rather than someone who was just exchanging because they were not getting any more money from them. We have 3 days left to decide if we will change our minds. We are looking on-line to see what resales would cost. Any comments would be appreciated.

B D.
Jul 07, 2008

I liked the idea of the w/in 14 day stay for as little of $50 a night - can you realy get those deals?

Yes, you can. I prefer to pay the $85 for a 2 bedroom though. I have had difficulties with renting and usage. However, it is a great resort.

Sharron C.
Sep 08, 2022

If purchasing from re-sale would I still have access to the resort for daily usage? I live in the area and think it could be a good deal if able to access amenities.

maryjo28 wrote:
We are local owners and do enjoy bringing our kids over for the day. We have never stayed at the resort and end up trading our week(s) on RCI. We bought a 2 bedroom lockout, but could have gotten the same benefits from a studio for all that we use it for. We have had it up for sale but haven't had a bite yet. I think it would be great for a family in the Orlando area, for use of the beach and the week long stay. Wish I knew how to market my unit for resale in that area. Any ideas?

Rachel C.
Apr 12, 2023

Well if you have a deeded ownership thats more than the new members have. We're Oceanfront owners and just tried to book 2024 March Break and it's completely booked up! Last time that happened they had sold rooms to Disney Cruiselines. We stayed there 2 wks ago and the pool heater has been broken for 3 months. Also make note to anyone bringing in Guests. The front desk asks your guest if they want to use the credit card as security for the delay room. My guest said yes and charged their bar tab to me. HI doesn't ask to see acredit card when you check-in. The resort did nothing for me either when I called to complain. The resort is going downhill very fast!! Also no more children play area!!!!

rich46 wrote:

Tima D.
Jun 09, 2023

We’ve been owners since 2004. Used it a lot when kids were young. Swapped it for great units in Hawaii, Italy, Washington D.C., etc. but have been renting it out the last several years to cover fees. Would love to sell it since it is of no use to us anymore. We got in early so we have every year flexible weeks, red season.

Edward D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.