Festiva Orlando Resort

Management problems

Dec 13, 2006

We have been owners for 5 years. We went to Celebration a year ago, Oct. We were not given the proper condo, which put my son out. We had cockroaches all over the kitchen the second night, causing us to go on Disney property, because they did not have another condo to put us up. We were all very upset, and lost a whole nights sleep watching for the roaches so they wouldn't invade our suitcases. We never get a straight answer when we TRY to contact the management office, we cannot even get our total points up to date. I am seriously concerned about the future of this resort, and our ownership. I would love to sell our timeshare here, and buy on Disney's. I'm sure they handle things much better.

Barbara B.
Jun 16, 2008

barbarab157 wrote:
We have been owners for 5 years. We went to Celebration a year ago, Oct. We were not given the proper condo, which put my son out. We had cockroaches all over the kitchen the second night, causing us to go on Disney property, because they did not have another condo to put us up. We were all very upset, and lost a whole nights sleep watching for the roaches so they wouldn't invade our suitcases. We never get a straight answer when we TRY to contact the management office, we cannot even get our total points up to date. I am seriously concerned about the future of this resort, and our ownership. I would love to sell our timeshare here, and buy on Disney's. I'm sure they handle things much better.

We have been owners for 4 years and have had nothing but trouble with the maintaince fees. No invoice, then sent to their collection agency. Anyone else had this problem? Just got another bill from Concord Servicing for a past due charge that we can't even find out what it is. Wondering if anyone else has had trouble like this. Thanks

Gayle D.
May 06, 2009

gayled20 wrote:
barbarab157 wrote:

We have been owners for 4 years and have had nothing but trouble with the maintaince fees. No invoice, then sent to their collection agency. Anyone else had this problem? Just got another bill from Concord Servicing for a past due charge that we can't even find out what it is. Wondering if anyone else has had trouble like this. Thanks

We have been owners for 2 years. Last year the amount of my HOA fee was wrong(2008) I called CRW and talk with them told them that I had not gotten a tax bill. They said, They made a mistake and it looked like they had added in the taxes. They said, We will send real estate tax bill out with the accounting of how we come up with that amount. Like A FOOL I PAID. I am still waiting for this accounting its not on the annual budget it say see note 2. Note 2 says Each owner will be billed separately. I over paid my Hoa fees last year and never got a tax bill with the itemized accounting. I want to see how they come up with my shared taxed amount. Well, This year in Oct. I got my bills. I have owned one unit for 2 years and the new unit I purchased in May 2008. The Hoa fees are wrong again plus on the new unit there was a late fee. Called them up, They took the late fee off. I didnt own that unit last year. I did the math with them and it came out I was right. I told them I would pay that amount. I was told that I could pay that amount but not use my unit and they would turn me over to collections because it was the taxes. I then asked them to send me tax bill like the annual budget say with the accounting. Why should I pay the right amount for my HOA dues and still not get to use my property. I have called and tried to work this out for months and have been trying for almost 18 months to get the 2008 tax bill. They turned me over to a collection agency knowing that I didnt owe that amount. Concord wants over $ 8oo in late fees still no accounting of the taxes. they said, We can collect it because its in the contract, I asked for a copy of this contract they are holding me to . I was told I could not have a copy.Concord Servicing Corporation in Scottsdale AZ. I sent them a Certified Letter told them of the dispute and not to contact me. They are calling on my cell phone 5 or 6 times a day. I told them about the letter and not to contact me again. I was told we will call as many times as we want anytime we want. I dont give a f what kind of letter you sent. I have called CRW everyday for a weeks now trying to work this out. So I can pay my dues and use MY PROPERTY. I have had to rent and not use my units because of this. I dont want to cheat them out of one dime. This is my resort. But I dont want to be cheated and bullied. I am looking for 3rd party help. Lawyer, News Reporter to help me settle this I do not think I should have to pay the late fees. I want to pay the amount I owe the HOA not a penny over & get my tax bill with the accounting and pay that! WHY IS THIS SO HARD! I have all documents on PDF and will email them if you would like a copy. I also call for hoa docks and condo docs I was told I would have to come up to the resort to get them. Ah, Just got another call from Concord I asked for a ID # he said he could only give me his ext# 1418 I again told them I had contacted them by certified mail and asked that they not contact me again. I was told once again that they will keep calling and didnt care if I disputed the debt. I have written them 2 time by certified mail they signed for it and are still calling! ugh I really need help The Resort is not handling this in a fair way. CAN SOMEBODY HELP! Maybe as owners we can all get together and fix our Resort.

Kay L.
May 06, 2009

I wrote the first letter in Dec. 2006. Yes, we have had plenty of problems with Concord, an amount showed up on our Credit report, and they couldn't say what it was. Still trying to get answer. Our taxes are screwed up royal. I can't even imangine the type of people that work there. We tried to get someone to sell us more points so we can use for Disney, such a horrific experience. We found out we are too close to Disney property to use our points. Very dissapointed. We are going to purchase throuth a very reputable resaler, at a fraction of the cost, at the cheapest price, lowest maintanience, to get points to add, and to use at Disney. If there were enough owners like us, perhaps we could do a group complaint, or find out just who is running the show down there. Thank God we don't have to use the resort. Too bad, when we bought, in the very beginning, it was very nice. But, when we stayed we had the roaches, and I mean Hunderds, in the kitchen, and were treated very disrespectfull by the management, which is long gone, and It seems they change monthly. We just paid off our mortgage, and are anxious to see how long, and what it takes to get our deed in hand, this should be interesting. I would call or contact the States Attorney and find out what you can do about your situation. Good Luck!

Barbara B.
May 06, 2009

Well if you are a ower then you havent gotten a break down of the taxes. I think If you pull out your yearly budget. If you have lost your copy I can send you a pdf file with it in there. I need to get all the owners together to demaned an accounting of the taxes as well as our bill. Will you report them to your States Attoney. This is affects every owner.

Kay L.
May 06, 2009

gayled20 wrote:
barbarab157 wrote:

We have been owners for 2 years. Last year the amount of my HOA fee was wrong(2008) I called CRW and talk with them told them that I had not gotten a tax bill. They said, They made a mistake and it looked like they had added in the taxes. They said, We will send real estate tax bill out with the accounting of how we come up with that amount. Like A FOOL I PAID. I am still waiting for this accounting its not on the annual budget it say see note 2. Note 2 says Each owner will be billed separately. I over paid my Hoa fees last year and never got a tax bill with the itemized accounting. I want to see how they come up with my shared taxed amount. Well, This year in Oct. I got my bills. I have owned one unit for 2 years and the new unit I purchased in May 2008. The Hoa fees are wrong again plus on the new unit there was a late fee. Called them up, They took the late fee off. I didnt own that unit last year. I did the math with them and it came out I was right. I told them I would pay that amount. I was told that I could pay that amount but not use my unit and they would turn me over to collections because it was the taxes. I then asked them to send me tax bill like the annual budget say with the accounting. Why should I pay the right amount for my HOA dues and still not get to use my property. I have called and tried to work this out for months and have been trying for almost 18 months to get the 2008 tax bill. They turned me over to a collection agency knowing that I didnt owe that amount. Concord wants over $ 8oo in late fees still no accounting of the taxes. they said, We can collect it because its in the contract, I asked for a copy of this contract they are holding me to . I was told I could not have a copy.Concord Servicing Corporation in Scottsdale AZ. I sent them a Certified Letter told them of the dispute and not to contact me. They are calling on my cell phone 5 or 6 times a day. I told them about the letter and not to contact me again. I was told we will call as many times as we want anytime we want. I dont give a f what kind of letter you sent. I have called CRW everyday for a weeks now trying to work this out. So I can pay my dues and use MY PROPERTY. I have had to rent and not use my units because of this. I dont want to cheat them out of one dime. This is my resort. But I dont want to be cheated and bullied. I am looking for 3rd party help. Lawyer, News Reporter to help me settle this I do not think I should have to pay the late fees. I want to pay the amount I owe the HOA not a penny over & get my tax bill with the accounting and pay that! WHY IS THIS SO HARD! I have all documents on PDF and will email them if you would like a copy. I also call for hoa docks and condo docs I was told I would have to come up to the resort to get them. Ah, Just got another call from Concord I asked for a ID # he said he could only give me his ext# 1418 I again told them I had contacted them by certified mail and asked that they not contact me again. I was told once again that they will keep calling and didnt care if I disputed the debt. I have written them 2 time by certified mail they signed for it and are still calling! ugh I really need help The Resort is not handling this in a fair way. CAN SOMEBODY HELP! Maybe as owners we can all get together and fix our Resort. Reply to This Message | Edit This Message kayl54

Today May 06, 2009 09:34

Kay L.
May 07, 2009

We as the owners need to demand that Celebration World Resort send Concord packing.

Kay L.
Apr 21, 2010

we have also received a demand from cincord servicing we had no original bill from celebration and they want us to pay an exhorbitant collection fee on top which will make the bill over $1,000

Julie S.
Jan 04, 2011

We too, have had MANY problems with Celebration World. We would like to get with the other owners and start a class action against them. I think with all the problems we have had, plus we were told to NEVER come back to the condo in Orlando. I thought as OWNERS we were aloud to go where ever our points would let us go.

Thank You Mike & Carla

Michael C.
Jan 08, 2011

We finally got our statements from Concord. We will not stay at Celebration because of the treatment we received back in 2006. We do not trust the management company, and there are very nice resorts close by. Last time we stayed at Summer Bay Resort, very nice, and we even bought another timeshare that is part of there group. Treated much better. We would be glad to add our "2 cents" to help get some satisfaction from the management. It took us a while to finally get our fees settled, and every time we called them we got such a run-a-round, very scary as owners. You wonder whose minding the store?

Barbara B.
Jan 26, 2011

My husband and I have been owners for 12 years. We were lied to when pruchasing, promised things that never have been done, have had illegal charges charged to our credit card from Celebration, and the list goes on and on. I HATE this company they are nasty people who need legal action taken against them. I have made complaint after complaint and get no where. I would LOVE to get with other owners to start a class action against them. Not sure what we need to do but more than willing to find out and make it happen.

Tasha A.
Jan 09, 2012

I have been lied to.... over charged "WHat the heck happen to the reserve funds!... Charged a Special Assessment. They got caught on that ALL OWNERS had to agree. Now, I have been told by Festiva That they are the owners and that my deeded ownership isn't a ownership just a right to use?? That they can change the rules of the HOA because they own more of the resort then I do .. BTW, Did you notice if you are a CWR Owner that you haven't gotten a Notice of a HOA meeting. They are making changes to OUR ownership & not asking.. I am forming a group on facebook for Celebration World Resort OWners. I too would like to get us all together.. In numbers as owners we can make them DO WHAT IS RIGHT! Please stop by and join the Group. I need your information, and copies of your paper work! If you know a Celebration World Resort Owner PLEASE PASS THIS INFO & SITE ADDRESS ON.. I can't do anything without your HELP! https://www.facebook.com/groups/245393408865558/

Timeshare B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.