The Grand Mayan at Vidanta Riviera Maya

Grand master room Grand Mayan Riveria Maya

Jan 03, 2007

I just bought a resale Grand master room Grand Mayan Riveria Maya time share. annual no maint. fee unless i use it.

It also came with 2 week maz pak, sun pack, 1 week regular and 1 week vacation fair.

How much should I have payed for this? Anyone know?

thank you...hopefully did not make a bad decision.

Sherri S.
Jul 24, 2007

I purchased a Grand Mayan in 2004 1 week regular and 1 week vacation fair, red, for $27,000. It sounds like everyone got a better deal than me.

Sal P.
Aug 03, 2007

I've been watching these on E-Bay and the average prices seem to be between $10,000 and $14,000 including transfer fees. However, I haven't seen any that were "Don't have to pay if you don't use" Maybe that is worth more. I purchased a one bedroom Grand with vacation fair for $6,000 here on Redweek.

I feel that I got a great deal, and from what I've heard, the resort charges about $40,000 for a two bedroom now.

What did you pay?

Orville F.
Sep 22, 2007

salp16 wrote:
orvillef2 wrote:
I've been watching these on E-Bay and the average prices seem to be between $10,000 and $14,000 including transfer fees. However, I haven't seen any that were "Don't have to pay if you don't use" Maybe that is worth more. I purchased a one bedroom Grand with vacation fair for $6,000 here on Redweek.

I feel that I got a great deal, and from what I've heard, the resort charges about $40,000 for a two bedroom now.

What did you pay?

I purchased a 2 BR Grand Mayan w/ Vacation fair- red week for $27,000 plus maint. fees everytime it is used.

I'm thinking of selling it, because I only need a 1BR and I've only been using it for one week. This year noone I know whats the second week.

We paid about the same for our 2 weeks at the GM, two bedrooms. We use one week and reserve, then rent out the other. It is well worth it to us to pay the extra for the unused week and then re-rent it using either redweek or craigslist. try it. you can recoup some of your money and it is a good deal for other families wanting a nice place to vacation.

Mary M.
Jan 27, 2008

We could have bought a 2 for 1 grand master room for 7500.00 !!!! It was 14,000 until we were ready to leave, but they reduced it almost half. Still didn't bite, as we can rent for less, and we are just opening our second business next month. No extra $$$$$$

Linda S.
Feb 01, 2008

marym341 wrote:
salp16 wrote:
orvillef2 wrote:

What did you pay?

I purchased a 2 BR Grand Mayan w/ Vacation fair- red week for $27,000 plus maint. fees everytime it is used.

I'm thinking of selling it, because I only need a 1BR and I've only been using it for one week. This year noone I know whats the second week.

We paid about the same for our 2 weeks at the GM, two bedrooms. We use one week and reserve, then rent out the other. It is well worth it to us to pay the extra for the unused week and then re-rent it using either redweek or craigslist. try it. you can recoup some of your money and it is a good deal for other families wanting a nice place to vacation.

I am interested in knowing more about renting. Do you use the VF week for yourselves and rent the other? When is a good time to reserve a rental week? How much do you usually get for the week? Is that for both sides or the larger unit? Thanks for you help. I haven't tried to rent before but I just may do it. Di you have better luck on Craigs List or redweek.

Stephany A.
Feb 01, 2008

marym341 wrote:
salp16 wrote:
orvillef2 wrote:

What did you pay?

Diane D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.