Club Bali Hai Moorea

Reviews on Club Bali Hai.

Jan 07, 2007

I have read the reviews on Red Week and they are all Favorable. These seem to be submitted mostly by owners. The reviews on Trip Advisor. com are mostly unfavoerable, and in some cases down right NASTY. Has anyone visted this resort lately who can give me an HONEST REVIEW of the actuall condition of the resort and The Overwater Bungalows. I have heard there are some that are very close to the Marina which are in an execptionally poor location(gas fumes, noise, gas in water ect.) And some are close to a Noisy road.Can you tell me the Name or Number of an Overwater Bungalow which would be considered the best and maybe the ones to be avoided.

Brian H.
Apr 15, 2007

We went for two weeks in 2005 October and stayed in a first floor garden unit. A friend goes every year (owner) and stays in the last overwater bungalow at the end of the property. The building we stayed in is 2 storey. The whole resort is between the road and the ocean and the units at either end on the ocean are the most quiet. The place is not luxury. Simple furniture and no kitchen to speak of ( no ovens in our unit)but we were OK. The site is in one of the most beautiful bays in the world and you can snorkel on the reef in front of the resort and see all kinds of neat fish. If you are a diver, Top dive picks you up and takes you about 1 mile down the road for boat dives. Awesome diving with eels and sharks and great sealife on coral in general. Moorea is a great island to visit. The interior is facinating and the restaurants although a bit pricey are great. Certainly a help if you speak French as the locals warm up quick, very nice people. If you own timeshare, you can get a trade in to check it out. Don't miss Muk's ( one of the owners) evening round table bring your own booze Happy Hour ...from 5 or so to 7 or so.

Philip H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.