Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

no response from the owner

Jan 15, 2007

I contacted the owner of an add ,he replyed once but when I asked to verify ownership he stopped emailing me. sounds fishy. Sould he be allowed to advertise on site

Mike L.
Jan 15, 2007

The problem here is that Redweek has no control over ads. They do not know if the rented week is an owner week, an exchanged week or anything else.

In timesharing you have to do your own 'due diligence' as a renter and buyer.

You did the exact right thing by asking the pertinent question concerning ownership. The fact that he did not reply back to you shows you performed your 'due diligence' and there is more than likely something fishy about this rental.

R P.
Jan 15, 2007

If an owner doesn't reply to offers why let him troll for victims who might send him money without getting their week. Does Redweek contact these owners who are not replying? Pull their adds?

Mike L.
Jan 15, 2007

jayjay wrote:
The problem here is that Redweek has no control over ads. They do not know if the rented week is an owner week, an exchanged week or anything else.

You did the exact right thing by asking the pertinent question concerning ownership. The fact that he did not reply back to you shows you performed your 'due diligence' and there is more than likely something fishy about this rental.

If an owner doesn't reply to offers why let him troll for victims who might send him money without getting their week. Does Redweek contact these owners who are not replying? Pull their adds?

Mike L.
Jan 15, 2007

jazzlow wrote:
jayjay wrote:

If you don't hear back from the owner within one week please email support@redweek.com so that we can check up on it and call the owner if necessary. Also, check your spam filters. Many times email accounts filter out the replies.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jan 19, 2007

For me personally this site has been very unreliable. Most of the rentals posted have been unavailable to me, yet they are still posted for rent?????? This practice I do not understand, and we pay money to be members of this web-site. I had one owner actually rent the unit and tell me that they were contacting the resort to see if the week I wanted was available. Not the way I would do it. And yes I do have a TS, and when I rent it, I post that it has been rented. And I don't keep people hanging when they could be dealing with someone else.

Kimberly S.
Jan 19, 2007

kimberlys48 wrote:
For me personally this site has been very unreliable. Most of the rentals posted have been unavailable to me, yet they are still posted for rent?????? This practice I do not understand, and we pay money to be members of this web-site. I had one owner actually rent the unit and tell me that they were contacting the resort to see if the week I wanted was available. Not the way I would do it. And yes I do have a TS, and when I rent it, I post that it has been rented. And I don't keep people hanging when they could be dealing with someone else.

Hi Kimberly,

Most timeshare owners are good about deactivating their postings after they have rented or sold but sometimes that step is overlooked and unfortunately we don't have any control over that since we aren't involved in the rental/sale transaction. Other times, the owners want to wait until the transaction is complete before deactivating their posting in case the deal falls through. In that case, their posting may be unavailable but still listed on the website for a while.

We apologize that you have run into some of those postings that were not available but still listed. Always, let us know of those postings so that we can make sure they are deactivated.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.