Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort

Is anyone else having trouble booking???

Jan 22, 2007

I purchased my timeshare last year , paid for it in full , paid my Maintenance and Tax , and now they are telling me I can't stay there this year??? Yes , I am just a little hot !!!!!!

Mike L.
Feb 06, 2007

mikel161 wrote:
I purchased my timeshare last year , paid for it in full , paid my Maintenance and Tax , and now they are telling me I can't stay there this year??? Yes , I am just a little hot !!!!!!
yes i did the same in2005 and we booked last aug for may this year. i will never buy westgate again.

Kathy P.
Feb 10, 2007

kathyp114 wrote:
mikel161 wrote:
yes i did the same in2005 and we booked last aug for may this year. i will never buy westgate again.
I'm new to this timeshare game,, Can you give me any advise on booking

Mike L.
Apr 17, 2007

any body visited this resort, please advise us i have booked this during memorial week end.

please rate this.

Tester T.
Jul 30, 2007

kathyp114 wrote:
mikel161 wrote:

What was their excuse as to why you could not use your timeshare?

Aretha J.
Jan 17, 2008

mikel161 wrote:
Yes, we can' tbook either and we have owned for 2 yrs!!...When we called, we were told our taxes weren't ready..Westgate is a PITA and a rip off...The first buyers got screwed over with the July 4th week, when they went and sold that week, when many of us ASKED about it at the time we bought!!

Andrea H.
Jan 17, 2008

testert3 wrote:
any body visited this resort, please advise us i have booked this during memorial week end.

please rate this.

the condos are very nice and brand new...well they were when we were there in July 07...We did have a problem with the a/c but call maint and they came right away and fixed it...They were in the process of tearing out the indoor pool and putting in a parking garage but we never heard any of the noise while at the pool or beach...I wouldn't eat at the rest...we did and 3 of 5 of us ended up sick...

Andrea H.
Jan 17, 2008

mikel161 wrote:
kathyp114 wrote:
mikel161 wrote:
I'm new to this timeshare game,, Can you give me any advise on booking
call as early as allowed and be redy to pay maintenance fees, actually I would pay the maint/taxes BEFORE I called to book my week...Make sure you get a confirmation number while on phone and the person's name that you are talking to...I would have them send me an e-mail confirmation..hope this helps

Andrea H.
Jun 28, 2009

We too have bought our timeshare last year. Then paid our maintenance and taxes and were told that we could get in this year. Dec.2008 we called and they said it was totally booked. After pursuing that through a supervisor, we found out that the building was not finished being built. That we could maybe get into it later this year. So as the beginning of the year we started to call every 2 weeks to try to book our week. In March they said that we could book this summer if we called May 29. As of now we are supposedly booked for this summer.

Judy P.
May 01, 2019

We book one year in advance, and generally get a week during the summer. Not had any major problems if booked far enough out.

Michael S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.