Royal Haciendas

Snorkeling

Feb 10, 2007

Does anyone know how the snorkeling is at the Royal Haciendas? We used to snorkel near Club Med in Cancun, but the las time we went down (Oct 06), the snorkeling was poor due to damage from the hurricaine. We were sold you could snorkel off the beach at the Haciendas. Has anyone tried it?

Marg B.
Feb 19, 2007

You can snorkel off the beach at the Haciendas. It was my first time ever snorkling so I have nothing to compare it to. There is equipment available free of charge at the towel/sports desk. In front of the present villas/construction area there are rocks in the water which makes the area not so hot for swimming (a better swim area is a very short walk down the beach in front of future "loops" of the Haciendas). The activities staff run a snorkling tour daily and you swim with them to areas where fish tend to congregate. You can, or course, snorkel on your own anytime you want. I would guess the snorkling is not so great right there as I didn't see too many fish -- other days more people saw more and turtles. Cozumel is a short ferry ride away from Playa, and they're supposed to have fabulous snorkling.

Deborah B.
Jan 07, 2023

I want too do that snorkeling ?. .

Alex C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.