General Discussion

Is it possable to get owners list at my resort

Feb 10, 2007

There are many very unhappy owners at the resort that we own. Over 20 percent are not paying the maintaince fee. Now the board has deceided that the owners that are current must pay up for all the owners that are not paying. Than after all the back maintaince fees are paid the management Co. will take over the weeks not paying will forclose and get the weeks for free to sell points on. What is going on.

Robert G.
Feb 10, 2007

Sounds to me like you need to clean house voting out the present board members at the next election and voting in an all new board.

You should be able to get a list of owners from the resort itself, but I doubt the resort will comply ....... good luck. Surely you and the other unhappy owners can ban together to do something about this situation.

redbird wrote:
There are many very unhappy owners at the resort that we own. Over 20 percent are not paying the maintaince fee. Now the board has deceided that the owners that are current must pay up for all the owners that are not paying. Than after all the back maintaince fees are paid the management Co. will take over the weeks not paying will forclose and get the weeks for free to sell points on. What is going on.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 10, 2007 11:39 AM

Feb 10, 2007

jayjay wrote:
Sounds to me like you need to clean house voting out the present board members at the next election and voting in an all new board.

You should be able to get a list of owners from the resort itself, but I doubt the resort will comply ....... good luck. Surely you and the other unhappy owners can ban together to do something about this situation.

redbird wrote:
Well don't you think that the fees are getting out of control??? How else can we stop them? Changing board members, oh yes, like getting a new president. We can't seem to stop our young people from being killed in the war on the other side of the world!

Brenda L.
Feb 11, 2007

brenda, this is one reason we got completely out of timesharing; already high maintenance fees that keep rising each year, along with surprise special assessments that owners are responsible for paying whether they want to or not ..... not to speak of the rising costs of exchanging. Boards seem to do what they darn well please, without any vote from owners.

We owned a week at a resort that charged owners a special assessment and then considerable rises in maintenance fees for several years in a row. Then I learned, after I sold the week, that they were asking for another special assessment. We put all of our timeshares up for sale when they requested the FIRST special assessment. We saw the handwriting on the wall as far as owning weeks of timeshare, that the rising costs are neverending.

The president of the board at that resort had been so for several years. There were those who tried to vote her out, but she had her followers, mainly whole ownership people that lived at the resort year round. In other words, the owners of timeshares, with their special assessments and rising maintenance fees, were keeping the whole ownership units afloat.

brenda1349 wrote:
What is going on? Well don't you think that the fees are getting out of control??? How else can we stop them? Changing board members, oh yes, like getting a new president. We can't seem to stop our young people from being killed in the war on the other side of the world!

R P.
Feb 23, 2007

all of this sounds illegal. Find a lawyer.

C T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.