Timeshare Companies

Disney Vacation Club

Feb 17, 2007

Any experience with Disney Vacation Club, esp the Sarasota Springs Resort?

Paul H.
Feb 17, 2007

When I purchased my Marriott OceanWatch Platinum unit, I was given a free trip to any resort within II. I traded it for a week at the Sarasota Springs. It took II a week to complete the trade, but we are going this Spring. It looks like it is a great place. I have found out that it is the newest resort for Disney and their largest. I can't wait to go.

David W.
Feb 18, 2007

I have a lot of experience in this area. I own points in Disneys Vero Beach resort, Old Key West and Beach Club. I also have two other time shares Marriott's Ocean Point and Parkway International. I've owned Disney since 1995 - bought Vero Beach over the phone. Disney is by far the most flexible due to the point system. You can stay partial weeks, where most others are for a full week. You can also extend your stay by staying in a smaller unit. I have 280 points in total and have been on Disney Cruises four times with my points and I still get to stay at Disney at least once a year.

On Saratoga, it is the first resort with a 50 year life span. All others expire in 2042. If you are looking at Saratoga, I would take a look at the new one at the Animal Kingdom before you buy. It's awesome. Saratoga is just big, nothing particularly special.

Sandy M.
Feb 18, 2007

paulh186 wrote:
Any experience with Disney Vacation Club, esp the Sarasota Springs Resort?
Just returned from Saratoga Springs. It was first rate, typical Disney. I own at all the DVC resorts and each has pluses and minuses. I rent a car whenever I go so parking right at your villa is very convenient. Saratoga points can be purchased resale @ $80/point vs the current Disney rate of $101

Lee H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.