Timeshare Companies

Omega Marketing Solutions any one had dealings with them?

Apr 30, 2007

from aliceb47 as the old saying goes , one person alone cannot fight city hall , however numbers can make a difference!I paid my upfront 500.00 in Oct 2006.It would be great if all the people who have paid this -upfront money- could get it back or at the very least stop these companies from taking any more money from the trusting every day people just like us. aliceb47

Alice B.
May 01, 2007

irvinr2 wrote:
cynthiaw67 wrote:
We put our timeshare up for sale in December 2006 and they swore that it would be sold by March 1st, 2007 and we have not heard any thing about any offers and we ask them to put it on the market for a price of $9999.00 or under and they assured us they could sell it for closer to $15000. and we paid them $950.00 and everytime we do get a actual person on the phone they swear that they are promoting it but I know they aren't , I want to go after these people who just took my money and keep running.

Why not see if there is anyone interested in going in on a class action suit with you against Omega et.al.?

Martha Z.
May 01, 2007

I have listed my timeshare in Cozumel, Mexico with Omega and have had no response whatsoever, though they told me when I called that there were several interested parties. Now all they say is that they're working on it. Like others I think I've been scammed and did a stupid thing by paying upfront to have them market my time share. If anyone is going to go after them I woiuld be happy to join in mzehner@wcrpphila.com

Martha Z.
May 01, 2007

The only pattern I am seeing here is the fact that ALL people that got ripped off here really should have done some actual research before spending a dime on the lousy company. Instead they just trusted a persistent salesman's word. To all the people who spent money with this company did you...

1. Check the companies BBB report? 2. Did you go online acting like a buyer and use search engines to see if you can find this company? 3. Did you review the contract before you listed with the company? 4. Did you read independent reviews on like alexa.com?

I have a feeling if they did any of that research they wouldn't have spent a dime!

I will agree posting on cheap/free sites doesn't hurt, but that doesn't mean they are the most effective way to sell your timeshare.

jayjay wrote:
As you can see by John's post, Omega Marketing rented his timeshare weeks but did not sell them. He paid them $700+ (or twice that amount since he owned 2 weeks) for them to list his timeshares for rent.

Again, never ever pay any company an upfront fee to sell or rent your timeshare. 99 out of 100 are outright scams.

Anyone can list their timeshare for sale or rent on Redweek and many other internet listing sites and have a much better chance of renting or selling than any upfront fee company.

The most popular internet sites such as Redweek, Ebay, Bidshares and others get a lot of exposure, and the good thing about internet listing sites is that you can edit your ad as many times as you wish to bring down the price or add details. I sold 9 timeshares via these internet sites, but I was realistic in my pricing. It's very easy to construct an ad, especially on Redweek.

aliceb47 wrote:
what was your secret for getting them to do anything, or call you back? They have not called me ONCE since I paid them the up front fee of 500.00!!!I wish I could alert EVERYONE to read all the negative feedback in regard to this CO. 500.00 and up for services that they apparently never intend to give!!! The REPRESENTATIVE who was supposedly handling my sale called me every day up untill I paid the fee, and then it was as though someone OR some CO.turned the lights off and closed up the shop!!!!! A 500.00 lesson has been well learned!!!!! aliceb47

Eric B.
May 01, 2007

to eric572 touche eric! you are absolutely right! I am one of ALL THOSE PEOPLE who got ripped off.If something sounds tooo good to be true then it probably is!The internet is a valuable tool and I am so sorry I did not know about REDWEEK in Oct 2006,If I had I would not be 500.00 poorer! aliceb47

Alice B.
May 02, 2007

If you believe you have been scammed by an upfront fee timeshare resale company, you can voice your complaint below to the Florida Attorney General:

Fraud Hotline: 1-866-9-NO-SCAM (1-866-966-7226) (toll free within Florida

http://www.state.fl.us/dbpr/re/burenf.shtml

Voicing your complaint to the Florida BBB (Better Business Bureau) is a waste of your time.

R P.
May 02, 2007

P.S. eric works for an upfront fee resale company that claims they do not charge an upfront fee on their website. What they do charge is an UPFRONT MARKETING FEE IN THE HUNDREDS OF $ .... huge rip-off scam along with false advertising.

R P.
May 03, 2007

Something needs to be done and since all seemed to have had the same results, perhaps it's time. It seems apparent that Omega Marketing Solutions was busy during the months from October 2006 thru March 2007 in all our cases.

By the time that we were all ripped off...they have had the time to disappear! It would appear that a class action suit is in order here.

catconsten@hotmail.com

Cat C.
May 04, 2007

catc6 wrote:
Something needs to be done and since all seemed to have had the same results, perhaps it's time. It seems apparent that Omega Marketing Solutions was busy during the months from October 2006 thru March 2007 in all our cases.

By the time that we were all ripped off...they have had the time to disappear! It would appear that a class action suit is in order here.

catconsten@hotmail.com

What address did you have for Omega? The address I have is 36181 East Lake Suite #30 Palm Harbor, FL 34685

However, the envelope I received was mailed in St. Pete.

Irvin R.
May 05, 2007

hello irvinr2 the address on my info is also 36181 east lake drive suite # i30 palm harbor fl.34685 phone is 727 230 1920 ,or toll free [so far the only thing they pay for] 1 866 380 5163.I am not sure what would be involved in a class action suit. I guess the first thing would be to find an attorney who would agree that we have a legitimate complaint/case .If anyone is interested then please reply. Aliceb47

Alice B.
May 06, 2007

aliceb47 wrote:
hello irvinr2 the address on my info is also 36181 east lake drive suite # i30 palm harbor fl.34685 phone is 727 230 1920 ,or toll free [so far the only thing they pay for] 1 866 380 5163.I am not sure what would be involved in a class action suit. I guess the first thing would be to find an attorney who would agree that we have a legitimate complaint/case .If anyone is interested then please reply. Aliceb47

Alice, I would say that the first step would be to see who else would be willing to go along with you. Then see if there is an attorney who would take the case on a contingency basis. No win no fee. Makes them more apt to put a real effort into it. You should contact each person who seems to be irate with Omega on a one-on-one conversation and not make it a public notice on here if possible.

Irv

Irvin R.
May 07, 2007

irvinr2 wrote:
catc6 wrote:

catconsten@hotmail.com

What address did you have for Omega? The address I have is 36181 East Lake Suite #30 Palm Harbor, FL 34685

However, the envelope I received was mailed in St. Pete.

Everything that we have received has come out of Palm Harbor from the address is as you have stated. I have filed a formal complaint with the BBB of FL. I am will to participate in a class action suit against OMS and may be contacted on this matter. catconsten@hotmail.com

Cat C.
May 07, 2007

aliceb47 wrote:
I am willing to participate. catconsten@hotmail.com

Cat C.
May 09, 2007

I too am willing to participate. Contact me at jacklovessharon@yahoo.com

Dora J.
May 16, 2007

catc6 wrote:
aliceb47 wrote:
I am willing to participate. catconsten@hotmail.com

I had great success with my experience with Omega Marketing Solutions. They currently have rented all my weeks, as well as sold two of my shares in Atlantic city.

Mike R.
May 16, 2007

jayjay wrote:
If you believe you have been scammed by an upfront fee timeshare resale company, you can voice your complaint below to the Florida Attorney General:

Fraud Hotline: 1-866-9-NO-SCAM (1-866-966-7226) (toll free within Florida

http://www.state.fl.us/dbpr/re/burenf.shtml

Voicing your complaint to the Florida BBB (Better Business Bureau) is a waste of your time.

Omega took care of my needs with my shares, I just had to have a little patience. It took a little longer than expected, but it was sold, and they are now out of my hair.

Mike R.
May 17, 2007

Patience? It is peak season, especially in AC (since that is too where our timeshare is located). You've got everyone under the sun trying to get a room in AC for Memorial Day weekend! You must work for them! They finally contacted us after they received an inquiry from BBB in FL. I filed a complaint. They listened to our complaints, yet offered no solutions OR answers for that matter! You'd think that they would be the ones talking (since they were so good at doing so when it involved getting your money)? They have a limited time, otherwise I am contacting my friend (who is a real estate attorney) and I'm going to inquire about a class action law suit. I'll keep you all posted.

Cat C.
May 18, 2007

I am happy to join you in this. profjohncollins@yahoo.co.uk

catc6 wrote:
Patience? It is peak season, especially in AC (since that is too where our timeshare is located). You've got everyone under the sun trying to get a room in AC for Memorial Day weekend! You must work for them! They finally contacted us after they received an inquiry from BBB in FL. I filed a complaint. They listened to our complaints, yet offered no solutions OR answers for that matter! You'd think that they would be the ones talking (since they were so good at doing so when it involved getting your money)? They have a limited time, otherwise I am contacting my friend (who is a real estate attorney) and I'm going to inquire about a class action law suit. I'll keep you all posted.

John C.
May 19, 2007

Catc6,

If you have success with your attorney friend do you think you could email me directly at nori_nadzri@hotmail.com as I may want to do something myself with the companies I've been burned by, Land Ahoy Properties and IBD Marketing. Anyone want to join?

Nori N.
May 20, 2007

I will keep you all posted on any progress of course!

Cat C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.