Kaanapali Beach Club

Re Surfacing and Closing the Pool and Spa area

Mar 03, 2007

I just heard on the Internet that this would be done November 1 to December 22nd..leaving those there for Thanksgiving with no pool to use...why was this scheduled during the rainy season, and during the holiday season? Will the owners be charged another assessment for this or will it be part of the rennovations assessment we paid for last remodelling?

Michaele H.
Mar 08, 2007

NEWS: In the board meeting held today (March 8, 2007) it was decided that no renovations that will affect the enjoyment of the resort by its owners will be done without a full year's notice. This decision puts off the 2007 plans for pool and spa resurfacing. It helps to get owner representatives on the board.

Randy C.
Mar 09, 2007

randy wrote:
NEWS: In the board meeting held today (March 8, 2007) it was decided that no renovations that will affect the enjoyment of the resort by its owners will be done without a full year's notice. This decision puts off the 2007 plans for pool and spa resurfacing. It helps to get owner representatives on the board.
Dear Randy..I was told that the Bard Meeting was actually today March 9th? but your news is wonderful and I thank you for bringing this topic to my attention so I could in turn contact a Board Member to protest.

Michaele H.
May 17, 2007

It would be nice to have the pool re-done. Lets not discourage this thought.

Debi C.
May 17, 2007

do it in the summer...do not do it suring any holidays.and do not do it when whales are there...who will want to stay there..with the shark attacks last week to snokelers in kihei...and a few years back right in front of Embassy who wants to take a chance in the ocean....find lowest occupancy time ..and it is not over Xmas or over Thanksgiving or over New Years either....

Michaele H.
May 17, 2007

I totally agree....I was just hoping that they would get it started and done for the Holidays. That would be the logical thing to do.........

Debi C.
Jul 10, 2007

Is there an actual date scheduled for the re-surfacing yet? I tend to rent my unit out, and don't want to have anyone unhappy, that's for sure~

Angie C.
Jul 11, 2007

angie368 wrote:
Is there an actual date scheduled for the re-surfacing yet? I tend to rent my unit out, and don't want to have anyone unhappy, that's for sure~

Right now it is just "sometime in 2008. But the committment is that you are supposed to get 1 year's notice. That means it ought to be no earlier than a year from now.

Randy C.
Feb 22, 2008

It is now near the end of February 2008. Does anyone know.. Has there been any new information regarding dates and time for the pool and spa resurfacing - for 2008? I will be there for the second full week of May, with my family, I sure would hate for this to be the time that the pool would be shut down. I'd love to hear from anyone who may have any new information. Thanks.

Janice C.
Feb 26, 2008

We have been told that we will have at least a one years notice prior to the work commencing

Gary B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.