Omni Cancun Hotel and Villas

Omni Cancun Time Share

Mar 07, 2007

My wife and I are returning back to the Omni Cancun after a great stay there a few years ago. We were thinking about a Timeshare purchase. Does anyone have a view on teh resort, Interval International, or additional comments which might be of benefit.

Michael B.
May 03, 2007

michaelb418 wrote:
My wife and I are returning back to the Omni Cancun after a great stay there a few years ago. We were thinking about a Timeshare purchase. Does anyone have a view on teh resort, Interval International, or additional comments which might be of benefit.
Don't get me wrong, I love this hotel, the services, and all, but I wouldn't buy another timeshare. When I first got there, I said to myself that I'll be back every year so its a good deal, and I can always exchange to another place. Well, since then, I got married, and my wife doesn't like Cancun b/c she got sick all 3 times she's been there. And now w/ our first kid, it doesn't look like I'll be going there anytime soon. So the best way is still either rent it from here or any other sites, go to travel agents for specials. In the long run, its better.

Joe Y.
May 03, 2007

I have a timeshare there. We have used it a lot but its getting harder with family and such.

I would agree, you'd be better off in the end to rent out someone else's week.

Eric A.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 04, 2007 12:21 AM

May 03, 2007

I'm still trying to figure out this website too. Its kinda weird.

Eric A.
May 04, 2007

erica335 wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out this website too. Its kinda weird.

Let me know if you have any questions on how our website works or go to our Help page for most FAQ.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Aug 03, 2007

Sometimes buying a timeshare isn't a bad idea. My wife and I purchased the Omni advertised on this site for a very good price. We have been to Cancun three times in four years and are going again with our new timeshare in April. We have reserved three rooms for friends and family for less then we paid last year for just one. My timeshare came with this years dues already paid. Since we had already been this year we deposited 07's week at Interval and now planning a trip to Hawaii. If you get a really good deal and you honestly like to travel then timeshares can save you some money.

Darrell

Darrell H.
Aug 05, 2009

I own a timeshare in the US and can travel to WI, CA, Hawai or anywhere, but I always rent my timeshares in Cancun from other owners. I love, love, love the Omni. We have been to Cancun 8 times and 6 times we have stayed at the Omni. I would never recommend buying in Cancun, but I visit every year, but rent from another owner.

You will have a great time at the Omni.

Joy P.
Nov 12, 2009

My wife and I are returning back to the Omni Cancun after a great stay there a few years ago. We were thinking about a Timeshare purchase. Does anyone have a view on teh resort, Interval International, or additional comments which might be of benefit. _____________________________________

Was so, so close to buying a timeshare here a few years ago but we decided not to because we only travel once a year. Now we regret our decision--I think the numbers do work and it's very, very lovely--such a nice, relaxing spot after the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas. Go for it!

Carole M.

Last edited by carolem67 on Nov 12, 2009 06:31 AM

Nov 12, 2009

Ditto, I love the Omni, I have been there every year for the last 9 years. We have stayed at the Royal Resorts once and at the Krystal the 1st time. My daughter has grown up spending her spring breaks at the Omni and loves it when she arrives and the bellmen say "Welcome Home". It is truly a family resort with standards and service above and beyond and the location is perfect for everything. We have already booked next year, but we always rent from other owners via this site. If you buy, it would not be a mistake. I don't think you would ever have a problem renting it. Also, the Mexican government is in the process of redoing the beaches again (very important for tourism), so the beaches will be back!

Joy P.
Nov 13, 2009

Michael,

No one loves the resort more than I do. They have a great staff, beautiful place... what's not to love? But I don't recommand you purchase a timeshare unless you plan on going there EVERY YEAR. I got it when I was single, figure its a great place for our guy trip... and can always bring the girlfriend/wife...then the kids. well 8 years later, my wife hates cancun, and have 2 kids so i can't go there w/ my friends. That's why I'm selling my weeks here on Redweek. I thought I can exchange it through Interval, but its a painful process...unless you can leave at a moments notice, its hard to do those exchanges.

-Joe

Joe Y.

Last edited by marty8084 on Nov 14, 2009 12:45 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.