Timeshare Companies

Dream Travel Condos anyone?

Feb 24, 2015

so what happened to the facebook page??

Ladymv V.
Feb 24, 2015

I don't know,,,,,

I was banned according to that person,,lol,,,I didn't know I was,,,,but follow this thread.....

marilynv34 wrote:
so what happened to the facebook page??

Lorilee L.
Feb 25, 2015

Why was the facebook page taken away? So much valuable information there. Someone must have reported it? Frustrated!

Lynne
Feb 25, 2015

Idon't really know the rules of Facebook so I don't know.

As of now the bk HAS BEEN DISMISSED for failure to file schedules. Her attorney has filed a motion to reinstate. People should file a motion titled "OBJECTION TO REINSTATEMENT" explain your situation and get it to the court before March 20th.

Take care

sabinef wrote:
Why was the facebook page taken away? So much valuable information there. Someone must have reported it? Frustrated!

Lorilee L.
Feb 25, 2015

Lorileel - I emailed you a couple of days ago. Please check your inbox.

Here's what I'm thinking about today. The creditors are made up of both vacationers who booked through her and those who provided her with units to rent, correct? It doesn't seem, given the number of vacationers who have come forward, that there was a lack of travelers booking holidays. So lots of money coming in. It also sounds like there are a number of providers who did not receive payment. That leaves me to wonder what happened to the money. I think she was running her business out of her home so her overhead costs were probably minimal. She may have even been able to write off some of her home expenses, such as insurance and utilities, if she had a designated space in her home for an office.

When someone files Chapter 7, do they have to include their financial statements for the past several years? And if yes, can the public access these records? Anyone familiar with such things? I would like to see where the money went.

Trix P.
Feb 25, 2015

rhonnaw@gmail.com

I didn't see anything so please feel free to email me again.

The theory of diversion is probably correct. My work and profession is the execution of review and analysis of such activity.

But for now, everyone should file an objection to Reinstatement with their reasons why. The more people who do that the greater the chance of some recovery.

trixp wrote:

Here's what I'm thinking about today. The creditors are made up of both vacationers who booked through her and those who provided her with units to rent, correct? It doesn't seem, given the number of vacationers who have come forward, that there was a lack of travelers booking holidays. So lots of money coming in. It also sounds like there are a number of providers who did not receive payment. That leaves me to wonder what happened to the money. I think she was running her business out of her home so her overhead costs were probably minimal. She may have even been able to write off some of her home expenses, such as insurance and utilities, if she had a designated space in her home for an office.

When someone files Chapter 7, do they have to include their financial statements for the past several years? And if yes, can the public access these records? Anyone familiar with such things? I would like to see where the money went.

Lorilee L.
Feb 25, 2015

Well folks, I started this thread several months ago and called out Tonya and Dream travel as a ponzi scheme. It has now all come true.I just have to say this because one of tonyas last text to me was " you are only one person, you cannot effect my business of over 10000 customers". Famous last words. Tonya I told you I would not relent until you got justice. This is just the beginning. More to come.

Casey C.
Feb 25, 2015

Casey I hope you and everyone else who has been victimized by Tonya follow through and file with the bankruptcy court and the proper authorities to make sure she has to answer for her bogus business practices. I followed your complaint since the beginning and I want to see that you get the justice you deserve. Make sure everyone has the information that they need to contact the court and the FTC. The number for the FTC is 1-877-382-4357. They have a special unit that investigates timeshare fraud. Good luck and keep us informed.

Don P.
Feb 25, 2015

please, file your objection to reinstatement. She failed to get the schedules filed on time. You have until March 20th to file your objection. If you need a sample of how to do that let me know rhonnaw007@gmail.com Calling the FTC isn't going to produce anything,,,,and I'm sorry but that's true....but it won't hurt....it's just because the FTC chases big fish - like people that steal millions and millions,,,,,I wish it wasn't true. But right now,,,,it is necessary to file an objection to reinstatement as that has a hard deadline of March 20th. If you are interested email me and I can get you a sample of how to do that. Take care!

caseyc76 wrote:
Well folks, I started this thread several months ago and called out Tonya and Dream travel as a ponzi scheme. It has now all come true.I just have to say this because one of tonyas last text to me was " you are only one person, you cannot effect my business of over 10000 customers". Famous last words. Tonya I told you I would not relent until you got justice. This is just the beginning. More to come.

Lorilee L.
Feb 25, 2015

sorry I didn't give you the proper email address,,,,lol,,,,working too much

rhonnaw007@gmail.com

Happy to assist.

lorileel wrote:
rhonnaw@gmail.com

The theory of diversion is probably correct. My work and profession is the execution of review and analysis of such activity.

But for now, everyone should file an objection to Reinstatement with their reasons why. The more people who do that the greater the chance of some recovery.

trixp wrote:

Lorilee L.
Feb 26, 2015

Well,,,,,it requires someone like the trustee or anyone who can hire someone to do subpoena's for bank records, etc.,,, to prove the fraud,,,we all know because of the individual experiences that it was fraud but now it must be proven and that burden of proof is on the creditors :( Right now people need to object to the reinstatement,,,,,email me privately if you need more information. As to the Chapter 7 question: the trustee requires a few months bank statements (maybe 6 months worth) and some financials but I am unsure how far back they will go. This is an LLC not her so we cannot get her personal info unless we can tie some transactions from the LLC to her personal accounts. Take care

lorileel wrote:
sorry I didn't give you the proper email address,,,,lol,,,,working too much

rhonnaw007@gmail.com

Happy to assist.

lorileel wrote:
rhonnaw@gmail.com

trixp wrote:

Lorilee L.
Feb 26, 2015

Everyone who is a victim of Tonya please file a criminal complaint with the Attorney General in Mississippi. The Address is : Mississippi Attorney General, Criminal Division, 550 High Street, Jackson, Mississippi 39201. Give details about how she defrauded you out of money. They will definitely investigate if they receive enough complaints. It's up to each individual to file a complaint. Don't let her get away with fraud.

Don P.
Feb 26, 2015

I spent some time today on the United States Courts website. I highly recommend it.

I found the following 2 sections interesting.

The first one is: http://www.uscourts.gov/FederalCourts/Bankruptcy/BankruptcyBasics/DischargeInBankruptcy.aspx

Question: Does the debtor have the right to a discharge or can creditors object to the discharge?

Answer: In chapter 7 cases, the debtor does not have an absolute right to a discharge. An objection to the debtor's discharge may be filed by a creditor, by the trustee in the case, or by the U.S. trustee. Creditors receive a notice shortly after the case is filed that sets forth much important information, including the deadline for objecting to the discharge. To object to the debtor's discharge, a creditor must file a complaint in the bankruptcy court before the deadline set out in the notice. Filing a complaint starts a lawsuit referred to in bankruptcy as an "adversary proceeding."

The court may deny a chapter 7 discharge for any of the reasons described in section 727(a) of the Bankruptcy Code, including failure to provide requested tax documents; failure to complete a course on personal financial management; transfer or concealment of property with intent to hinder, delay, or defraud creditors; destruction or concealment of books or records; perjury and other fraudulent acts; failure to account for the loss of assets; violation of a court order or an earlier discharge in an earlier case commenced within certain time frames (discussed below) before the date the petition was filed. If the issue of the debtor's right to a discharge goes to trial, the objecting party has the burden of proving all the facts essential to the objection.

The second one is: http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/RulesAndPolicies/rules/BK_Forms_08_Official/Form_18_1208_Combined.pdf

Official Form 18 (12/08) - Cont.

Debts that are Discharged The chapter 7 discharge order eliminates a debtor's legal ob ligation to pay a debt that is discharged. Most, but not all, types of debts are discharged if the debt existed on the date the bankruptcy case was filed. (If this case was begun under a different chapter of the Bankruptcy Code and converted to chapter 7, the discharge applies to debts owed when the bankruptcy case was converted.) Debts that are Not Discharged . Some of the common types of debts which are not discharged in a chapter 7 bankruptcy case are: a. Debts for most taxes; b. Debts incurred to pay nondischargeable taxes; c. Debts that are domestic support obligations; d. Debts for most student loans; e. Debts for most fines, penalties, forfeitures, or criminal restitution obligations; f. Debts for personal injuries or death caused by the debtor's ope ration of a motor vehicle, vessel, or aircraft while intoxicated; g. Some debts which were not properly listed by the debtor; h. Debts that the bankruptcy court specifically has decided or will decide in this bankruptcy case are not discharged; i. Debts for which the debtor has given up the discharge prot ections by signing a reaffirmation agreement in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code requirements for reaffirmation of debts; and j. Debts owed to certain pension, profit sharing, stock bonus , other retirement plans, or to the Thrift Savings Plan for federal employees for certa in types of loans from these plans. This information is only a general summary of the bankr uptcy discharge. There are exceptions to these general rules.

What I found interesting about the second section was the list of debts that are not discharged in a chapter 7 case. Specifically, 'e'.

So here is my question to you all...if we are making a claim of fraud, should we be contacting the police or another law enforcement agency and filing complaints? It's unlikely there would be an investigation but is this a step we need to take?

Trix P.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 13, 2015 09:54 PM

Feb 26, 2015

Another interesting point is that the debtor has to list all the debts. If she fails to list debts those debts can't be discharged in bankruptcy court. Make sure everyone files with the court to make sure she lists all her debts. That may open the courts eyes as to how large her scam has become. I doubt very much that she has listed all of her victims with the court. I also gave you information about the Attorney General's office. I would recommend that everyone files with their office rather than the police. If every victim files with the same authority they will be able to see the scope of the fraud.

Don P.
Feb 27, 2015

if anyone wants the complete list of creditors (what she has listed) let me know. Be sure to get in your OBJECTION TO REINSTATEMENT motion before the 20th...

Take care

donp196 wrote:
Another interesting point is that the debtor has to list all the debts. If she fails to list debts those debts can't be discharged in bankruptcy court. Make sure everyone files with the court to make sure she lists all her debts. That may open the courts eyes as to how large her scam has become. I doubt very much that she has listed all of her victims with the court. I also gave you information about the Attorney General's office. I would recommend that everyone files with their office rather than the police. If every victim files with the same authority they will be able to see the scope of the fraud.

Lorilee L.
Feb 27, 2015

Good Morning,

I'm so confused. This is the first time anything like this has happened to me.

I'm not sure where I filed my claim. Would you please send me the list so I can see if I filed with the correct entity or let me know if I'm on the list. Thank you!

PhyllisD20

Phyllis D.

Last edited by phyllisd20 on Mar 02, 2015 02:11 AM

Feb 27, 2015

Phyllis please email me at rhonnaw007@gmail.com and I will point you in the right direction. I am not owed any money but I am willing to help those that need help!

Take care

Lorilee L.
Feb 28, 2015

I received a notice from the US bankruptcy court dates 2/23/15 that the case (# 15-101415-JDW) is dismissed as the debtor failed to pay the fees within the time limit.

What does it mean for all the creditors?

Ivan S.
Feb 28, 2015

As I posted before she has filed a motion for reinstatement! Please file with the court an OBJECTION TO REINSTATEMENT. Use a motion sheet and detail out why you object and attach your documents to it. IT MUST BE at the court no later than the 20th of March.

Take care

ivans30 wrote:
I received a notice from the US bankruptcy court dates 2/23/15 that the case (# 15-101415-JDW) is dismissed as the debtor failed to pay the fees within the time limit.

What does it mean for all the creditors?

Lorilee L.
Feb 28, 2015

So what do we do next? I already filed a complained with the attorney general in MS via their online site. We definitely should put every effort to get the chapter 7 case dismissed.

For those who are trying to get their money via paypal, note that the funding source (if credit-card) can file a chargeback, but there is a stipulation of 120 days i think after which the chargeback becomes a problem. When I spoke to paypal, they were saying that they end up paying so much money for all these people which mulct their customers (Tonya has no conscious as she swindled me despite knowing she was filing bankruptcy). One thing about these rentals, is that you should have a confirmation# from the resort in hand to confirm you are not being cheated. Also after 60 days all protections becomes a good-faith only recovery. I am going to be chary of trusting anyone with my money from now on..

Ivan S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.