Casa Ybel Resort

Make Casa Ybel pet friendly

Apr 06, 2007

Responsible pet owners like to travel with family members. Please make Casa Ybel pet friendly, at least for dogs under 25 lbs.

Rand B.
Apr 13, 2007

Hi,

We own 4 weeks at Casa and have pets as well. But I don't agree with you. I would not like it is there were dogs/cats in my room. Even if you are a responsible pet owner, animals have accidents, especially when they are confronted with new surroundings. The carpet or funiture could be stained, etc. People might want to bring cats for examle. Some of us are allergic to cats.

It would be hard to keep the units clean smelling if pets were allowed. Period. We own over 35 weeks of timeshares, all in upscale resorts, and pets are not allowed in any of them.

I know people think of Casa Ybel as their home away from home, that's why we purchased there. But, it's like any other resort and pets are just not allowed.

If you want to bring your pets, you'll have to buy full ownership somewhere I guess.

Anway, that's my opinion, sorry! Beth

Beth F.
Apr 14, 2007

ira10 wrote:
Hi,

We own 4 weeks at Casa and have pets as well. But I don't agree with you. I would not like it is there were dogs/cats in my room. Even if you are a responsible pet owner, animals have accidents, especially when they are confronted with new surroundings. The carpet or funiture could be stained, etc. People might want to bring cats for examle. Some of us are allergic to cats.

It would be hard to keep the units clean smelling if pets were allowed. Period. We own over 35 weeks of timeshares, all in upscale resorts, and pets are not allowed in any of them.

I know people think of Casa Ybel as their home away from home, that's why we purchased there. But, it's like any other resort and pets are just not allowed.

If you want to bring your pets, you'll have to buy full ownership somewhere I guess.

As 40 million + of the traveling public own pets (and you will note that I specified dogs under 25 lbs for inclusion in a pet friendly environment), I am sure that I am not the only owner who would like for Casa Ybel to change their unfriendly pet rules. There are many time share resorts in the US and in Europe that are pet friendly. We are accustomed to paying a nonrefunable pet deposit to cover whatever rules are in place for the ability to take our pet along. We train our dogs to a crate and to travel with us. Any "accidents" that occur are due to the negligence of the pet owner and not to the dog.

We will have to agree to disagree. Sorry!

RandB

Rand B.
Apr 14, 2007

randb wrote:
ira10 wrote:
Hi,

As 40 million + of the traveling public own pets (and you will note that I specified dogs under 25 lbs for inclusion in a pet friendly environment), I am sure that I am not the only owner who would like for Casa Ybel to change their unfriendly pet rules. There are many time share resorts in the US and in Europe that are pet friendly. We are accustomed to paying a nonrefunable pet deposit to cover whatever rules are in place for the ability to take our pet along. We train our dogs to a crate and to travel with us. Any "accidents" that occur are due to the negligence of the pet owner and not to the dog.

RandB

Hi again,

I'm sure that you are great about your dog and that there wouldn't be any problem. But, unfortunately, some people are not as diligent about their pets as you are. And although they claim to always have everything under control, they don't always.

I do realize that you mentioned the small size dog, but then how does the resort really distinguish this if the pet owner ends up binging their dog that is a little larger than specified, or their cat for that matter.

I don't know, I guess I feel it would be very difficult for the resort to enforce those distinctions.

I love pets and we adore our 38 lb standard poodle. We have actually never left her in a "doggy motel". We only leave her at the home of 2 different woman who have known her forever. She's always happy to go there, so when we have our vacation...so does she! Or so it seems.

Beth

Beth F.
Apr 14, 2007

ira10 wrote:
randb wrote:
ira10 wrote:
Hi,

RandB

Hi again,

I'm sure that you are great about your dog and that there wouldn't be any problem. But, unfortunately, some people are not as diligent about their pets as you are. And although they claim to always have everything under control, they don't always.

I do realize that you mentioned the small size dog, but then how does the resort really distinguish this if the pet owner ends up binging their dog that is a little larger than specified, or their cat for that matter.

I don't know, I guess I feel it would be very difficult for the resort to enforce those distinctions.

I love pets and we adore our 38 lb standard poodle. We have actually never left her in a "doggy motel". We only leave her at the home of 2 different woman who have known her forever. She's always happy to go there, so when we have our vacation...so does she! Or so it seems.

Beth

We appreciate your point of view but as stated earlier, do not agree. Again, dogs only. A nonrefunable pet fee to cover maintenance and cleaning of each unit after a guest with a dog leaves, no more than two dogs, a weight limit, etc. Service dogs must be permitted by law. Allowing dogs who happen to be pets seems a natural progression.

We engage a housesitter to care for our dogs (two Bichons) when we are at Casa Ybel. It would be much simpler to travel with them, as we do when our destination is elsewhere.

To be quite candid, when rented to families, the destruction by children to our personal rental properties has been worse than any dog could possibly do.

Thanks for your view point.

RandB

Rand B.
Nov 15, 2011

Absolutely not!!! I like animals, but not at Casa Ybel, please.

Robert K.
Jul 05, 2020

I have been coming to this resort since it opened. And we were one of the first owners. SpaceI couldn’t agree more that Casa Ybel should be pet friendly. The units get far more destruction from most children than most dogs. Size limits, fees and other restrictions would ensure proper care. Also, “accidents” are either owner negligence or not a well trained pup that shouldn’t travel anyways.

Make Casa Ybel pet friendly!!

Taylor C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.