Kauai Beach Villas

New pool to be finished in 2007

Apr 07, 2007

I talked to the resort Manager and she said that plans have been ok'd, and construction of the new pool should begin soon. The construction should be finished before the end of 2007. The new pool will be much larger and have a sand pool for the kids. The new pool and deck area will be much larger and nicer than what is currently there.

Tom O.
Apr 17, 2007

tom1969 wrote:
I talked to the resort Manager and she said that plans have been ok'd, and construction of the new pool should begin soon. The construction should be finished before the end of 2007. The new pool will be much larger and have a sand pool for the kids. The new pool and deck area will be much larger and nicer than what is currently there.

Hello, we have an opportunity to stay here from the 7th to the 14th of July but I am concerned about some of the very recent reviews on tripadvisor. Obviously the pool will be under construction but I've seen it mentioned that you can use the pool at the resort next door. Any info would be appreciated.

Mike J.
Apr 17, 2007

The pool next door is no longer available. If the pool at the Beach Villas is not open, you will have access to other Pahio pools on Kauai. This resort is great and you will have a wonderful time. Losing access to the next door pool is why we are having to build a new, bigger pool, which wil be great next year and for many years to come, but not so good this year. The good news is you will be in the car driving most of the time because there is so much to see and do on this island.There is a great beach about a mile north and too many great beaches on this island to count. This is a Gold Crown and deservedly so in spite of a couple of sour grapes on trip adviser. This is a recent review from a different web sit(Timeshare Users Group): Owner: NO Excellent resort that fully met our expectations 8.5 Date Of Visit: Date Of Review: May 10, 2006 We were nervous as this was our first exchange coupled with the fact that family was coming in from NY to join us. From check in to check out we had no reason to be concerned. Our stay was flawless.Checkin was at the airport and quickly completed. Upon arrival at our room in the "B" building we were quickly put at ease. The room was beautifully furnished and well maintained. There were patios off each bedroom as well as a very large patio off the living room. Our room had a full view of the pool and lagoon and sunrise each morning was a beautiful way to start the day. We used the KBV pool and hot tub and could have cared less about the Hyatt facility, although we did have a nightcap in the bar one evening. Attended a very low key, no pressure PAHIO timeshare presentation and received nice discounts on helicopter ride and DVD of the flight. Location was perfect as we had never been to Kauai and were free to travel North and South without much inconvenience. Shopping was equally convenient in either Lihue or Kaapa. KBV also put on a couple of 9 hole golf scrambles in the afternoon. A short lesson by the pro at the start and some Nice Pupu' s afterwards were included. Everyone received a gift certifcate from the pro shop. No problems with ants or roosters. Room was very quiet. You would have thought we were the only ones present most of the days and evenings.

No doubt we will go back as this was about as good as it needs to be .

This is a great uncrowded resort. The beach is so uncrowded you can walk for a long way with no one around. Not safe to swim, but great to watch the sun rise. I will be staying here in 2008 and I can't wait.

Tom O.
Jul 19, 2007

There is much to do on Kauai and doing without the pool, for us, is not a biggie. However, if a pool is important to you, the offer of being able to use other Pahio property pools is not worth much since those properties are in Princeville which is on the north end of the island and not nearby at all. The beach at KBV is lovely. We own here and our only concern now is changes due to new ownership by Wyndham ...The changeover was in 2006 and when we were there last, it was just beginning to have an impact....

M. w. S.
Jan 15, 2008

mikej110 wrote:
tom1969 wrote:

Hello, we have an opportunity to stay here from the 7th to the 14th of July but I am concerned about some of the very recent reviews on tripadvisor. Obviously the pool will be under construction but I've seen it mentioned that you can use the pool at the resort next door. Any info would be appreciated.

Owners have been told that starting Feb 1 the four pools from the resort next door will be available for a fee. Towel service and use of pool will be included. One has sand bottom for kids and the other three are all quite nice.

Jim D.
Jan 15, 2008

Do you know if the pool WAS finished in 2007? I have a week scheduled for March 2-9, and am hoping we will have access to a pool on the property.

Ruth A.
Jan 17, 2008

tom1969 wrote:

We were there Dec 12 2007 and there was no new pool.

I was not aware of any new construction beginning. Any new updates. I would be surprised if they met their "finished by the end of 2007" goal. I am aware that all owners have received significant increases to the annual maintainence fees to fund this anticipated expense.

I have heard that the hotel (which owns the big pool etc) may be up for sale again. Any news on that front ...such as would Windham buy it and thus unify the two properties again in terms of shared use of facilities?

M. w. S.
Jan 17, 2008

Pool had not been finished Dec 12, 2007. In fact, I was not aware that consruction had begun. We are going there in late January and will see for ourselves. wendywins

M. w. S.
Jan 18, 2008

wendywins wrote:
Pool had not been finished Dec 12, 2007. In fact, I was not aware that consruction had begun. We are going there in late January and will see for ourselves. wendywins
The pool construction is now supposed to begin in March or april 2008 and finish before the end of 2008. I hope they stick to the timeframe promised this time as out MF's have increased in anticipation of the new pool building expenses.

Tom O.
Jan 18, 2008

I called the KBV front desk yesterday; got rather a vague reply- no pool of course, but something about "TRYING" to get access for KBV guests to use pools at Hotel- guess we'll have to wait and see in March. Any new info from Wendywins would be most welcome or anyone else travelling there before Mar.2

Ruth A.
Jan 18, 2008

Do you have any recommendations as to which units to request- which are remodelled, which are closest to beach, which have least noise, etc? I assume there may be some leeway if the request is made far enough in advance, and it's an exchange rather than an owner. ( I am exchanging for Pahio at Ka Eo Kai in order to be closer to airport)

Ruth A.
Jan 18, 2008

rutha50 wrote:
I called the KBV front desk yesterday; got rather a vague reply- no pool of course, but something about "TRYING" to get access for KBV guests to use pools at Hotel- guess we'll have to wait and see in March. Any new info from Wendywins would be most welcome or anyone else travelling there before Mar.2

We will be there in a week's time (going to the Big Island for a week first and then to KBV). I assume that nothing will have changed since December, though. Best units to be in for those interested in ocean view are in H, G. or F buildings.

M. w. S.
Jan 19, 2008

wendywins rutha50 Thanks for information, will be eager to hear any comments when you return from the islands.

Ruth A.
Mar 11, 2008

There is no construction started on pool. However, for fee of $15 for 4 people per day, we were able to use the wonderful Hilton pools and water slide. If you didn't use the slide, you could probably get by without paying the fee- noone was checking us except at the slide. They make the Hilton guests pay the same fee, so it didn't seem so bad. Staff VERY nice. Made us flower leis, and gave macadamia nut candy at check-in; cookies at check-out. My family of 3 adults, and 2 little kids had a wonderful time at this resort; though the furnishings were a bit out-of-date, and hot water not working too well in guest bathroom. In spite of not being able to swim at the beach, the kids loved the tide pools, the little stream, and the rocks, spent hours there. Loved the lagoons, the chickens, ducks, swans. Loved the location, in middle of Kauai- easy accessibility to any other part of the island. I would definitely stay there again. Accomodations are better at Ka Eo Kai- but location not as good.

Ruth A.
Jun 05, 2008

Anyone been there lately and seen what may resemble a pool being constructed? If they are raising the dues to get this done, there really should be something to show for it by now!

Roger F.
Jun 08, 2008

We were there in early 2008 and enjoyed our stay in building G which is right on the ocean. No new pool yet. No construction begun.We found plenty to do without the pool.. in Kaui and had taken friends. They have indeed restored the lei greetings, having found that YES, people like that . YES, unfortunately, the maintanence fees have been increased, in part, no doubt, to finance the new pool which had been prominsed for last year. One nice change on Kauai is the new NO smoking rule for resort rental units...which included prohibitions on smoking on decks and balconies..(which used to be a problem...as it wafted right back into the nearby balconies and required nonsmokers to retreat into their units and closing windows and doors. Of course, one does have to call management to report violaters if there is a problem. Some resorts are better than others at informing guests of the new state law.

M. w. S.
Mar 25, 2009

The new pool has not been BEGUN and its March of 2009. The latest is that the manager says it will be done this year but is vague about when the decision will be made to merely remodel or replace the small pool or enlarge it into a NEW pool. Mainatainence dues were increased and many assumed it was for the pool. NOT SO, she says. Financing of the pool ..might be an assessement levied on all owners of units of maybe $300 per unit average. Vague about how that would be computed . Seems it likely would vary on size of unit owned. Current foreclosure rate is UP on KBV units which is likely no different than other timeshares in this economic c limate. Owner is contemplating building 250 more units (not clear on type ) on adjacent lot (on far side of hotel) . Hotel was considered for purchase by Wyndham (owner of KBV) but hotel owner is in litigation and so the deal is off/on hold. Hilton is managing the hotel..

Mary L R.
Mar 25, 2009

the manager agrees that Hawaii state law requires no smoking in public areas including up to 20 feet from stairwells and front door of units..yet oddly asserts that lanais and patios attached to the same buildings do not count. (Translation: its easier NOT to enforce such a ban . Maybe its up to the KBV resort and its easier to let people staying here duke it out or complain to each other etc than risk having to enforce anything ..particularly if it means KBV is liable if it does not enforce a ban and someone with allergies or asthma might take legal action...so if they can just not be involved by defining lanai or balcony as "private" they will . If you smoke IN a unit, you will be charged (maybe) a fee by KBV who will use it to offset cleaning costs...but if you move into a unit ..even if you OWN that unit for your week, you may have to live with lingering smoke smell or have to request another unit. The Smoke free resort thing is not the case anymore because VOLUNTARY nonsmoking means SMOKING . That means if you like to be out on your lanai and a neighbor smokes its YOUR problem.

Mary L R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.