Hawaiian Sun Holidays

Staying at The Banyan

Apr 09, 2007

I have had the most wonderful stays at The Banyan. My mom has been staying there for years and whenever she arrives she always feels that she has come 'home'. I would recommend this wonderful place to anyone who wants to stay in Waikiki. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I look forward to coming for a visit in the near future.

Brenda T.
Jan 31, 2008

I stayed at the Waikiki Banyan as a guest of Hawaiian Sun Holidays in January 2008. Our room was infested with cockroaches .The Front desk told me it was a private unit and to inform the Property manager. The Property Manager's comment was "this is the tropics".He said our room would be sprayed the next day. It wasn't. Maybe the next Guest's will be more successful than we were. Usually Redweek's star rating is fairly accurate but this resort is the worst Timeshare I've stayed at and is really only a 2 star at best. The furniture is cheap and as a result has not stood up. There's no dishwasher , no midweek clean, no shampoo , no towel replacement unless you deliver them at a specified time to the Manager. The unit is really a "studio" but because there's partition doors separating the bedroom ,they call it a one bedroom. A 10am checkout is considered a "Late checkout". We enjoyed Waikiki but will never return to this Condo.

Philip M.
Mar 12, 2008

philip207 wrote:
I stayed at the Waikiki Banyan as a guest of Hawaiian Sun Holidays in January 2008. Our room was infested with cockroaches .The Front desk told me it was a private unit and to inform the Property manager. The Property Manager's comment was "this is the tropics".He said our room would be sprayed the next day. It wasn't. Maybe the next Guest's will be more successful than we were. Usually Redweek's star rating is fairly accurate but this resort is the worst Timeshare I've stayed at and is really only a 2 star at best. The furniture is cheap and as a result has not stood up. There's no dishwasher , no midweek clean, no shampoo , no towel replacement unless you deliver them at a specified time to the Manager. The unit is really a "studio" but because there's partition doors separating the bedroom ,they call it a one bedroom. A 10am checkout is considered a "Late checkout". We enjoyed Waikiki but will never return to this Condo.

I would suggest the Marriott for you where you'll pay $350 to $450 per night. Sweet dreams!

Dave L.
Jan 18, 2009

I stayed at the Waikiki Banyan in Oct 2007 and found the room clean and presentable. I plan to go back this year also.

Dave L.
Jul 28, 2014

We have always stayed at the banyan at Waikiki in years past. We are going on our honeymoon to the holiday sun Waikiki. We were told its right on the beach in Waikiki. Can you tell me are there doors on the bedroom? Have you ever or recently had a bed bug issue there? I have a very low immune system and can't get bit without serious consequences. Therefore, we want to see if there are?? Beforehand, so we can get them killed before we enter the unit. We will be arriving Saturday sept 27th. Just want to make sure this works-you can seal the room we will be staying in (told ocean view). There is a gas fumigation for the entire unit that is not harmful since those spraying it wears a mask. Can you confirm1) you have had problems with bed bugs-roaches?? 2) will u please do this procedure to rid the condo from them?. . We have spent approx $749 with timeshare and it's my upcoming husbands first time in Hawaii -he is a vet and this will be his only chance to go see Pearl Harbor-I want to make it perfect for him.. He truly saved my life. Also... Can we get a phone number we can call to get a current map and things to do while we are there? I really appreciate you!! Also, just like the movies.. How do I mark arrangements for once we pull up to check in that we both receive a lei like the movies.. I've never received one in all the years. Happy to pay up front so he can feel special when we arrive.

Thank you so much!,

Wendy Bateman

philip207 wrote:

Wendy B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.