Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Jul 09, 2016

If you put your home up for sale would u give the realtor money up front or take it out of escrow at the end?? Use your head people!

Neal S.
Jul 09, 2016

Some real estate sales contracts do call for the realtor to be provided upfront money for working capital.

neals16 wrote:
If you put your home up for sale would u give the realtor money up front or take it out of escrow at the end?? Use your head people!

William S.
Jul 09, 2016

Far too many timeshare contracts do not guarantee any availability for use. But they do require or lots of money up front. By your definition it's a scam

neals16 wrote:

William S.
Jul 09, 2016

Why don't you want it?

mauryb3 wrote:
What is the cheapest way to get out of a timeshare I don't want

William S.
Jul 27, 2016

Post it on RedWeek.

Jack E.
Jul 27, 2016

I used Timeshare Exit Team to get out of my Diamond Resort timeshare. I have the recorded quit claim deed from Arizona. I'm not trying to sell you on this company as many on this forum will just say I'm a shill for the company. I'm not. But, I would recommend that you at least look into this company as it works.

James C.

Last edited by jamesc692 on Jul 27, 2016 02:35 PM

Jul 27, 2016

jamesc692 wrote:
I used Timeshare Exit Team ... I'm not. But, I would recommend that you at least look into this company as it works.

Yeah it works...for a hefty price tag. Do you care to tell us how much you paid TET? It's probably a lot more than what you would have paid had you offered a new taker to take it if you chose to pay the closing costs and the next maintenance fee.

Did you try asking the resort or its HOA if it would take your unit back? That's likely what TET did for you for a hefty price.

I'm not saying TET is a scam. It just charges thousands more to do what you can do for yourself with a little time and effort.

Lance C.
Jul 27, 2016

If you want spend years trying to get someone to take a timeshare off your hands or take this person's pipe dream getting a timeshare company to take it back...go ahead. But keep in mind that each year you spend spinning your wheels, you will be paying escalating maintenance fees. I'm free of those lifetime maintenance fees...are you?

James C.

Last edited by jamesc692 on Jul 27, 2016 09:03 PM

Jul 28, 2016

jamesc692 wrote:
I'm free of those lifetime maintenance fees...are you?

Yes I am. And I did not have to pay a law firm thousands of dollars to negotiate with the resort to take my unit back. In fact, I listed it right here on RedWeek and, about a couple months later, someone paid me a few dollars for it.

And you did not answer my question. How much did TET charge you for their service?

Lance C.

Last edited by lancec13 on Jul 28, 2016 06:00 AM

Jul 28, 2016

Jamesc692 is a SHILL. He is trying to lure you to his SCAM !! You notice he won't tell you how much they charge, That's a big RED FLAG !!

Take your SCAM somewhere else James or who ever you really are. By the time people come to the forums for help they are smart enough to avoid shills like you.

You turn my stomach using the forum to troll for victims.

Since you claim they are legit then answer a few simple questions. Where is their actual office located..... not a mail drop address. What state are they licensed to do business in and the names of the officers and addresses for them. Anyone can create a website and use a mail drop box for an address. If you refuse to answer or cannot answer those questions then it's a SCAM !!

I also got rid of two timeshares in 2011 without paying anyone a penny.

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. Once you pay someone money upfront you will toss and turn every night because you know you will never see that money again and you still own your property.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 28, 2016 08:30 AM

Aug 05, 2016

thank you, the same company Travel Associates inc and True and Clear title look good but it is all too good to be true and I don't want to waste my time, I will not send anyone any money to sell our timeshare in mexico. which is at the Mayan Palace.

Joe G.
Aug 05, 2016

Why don't you want it? Did they rip you off and sell you a pipe dream?

williams1146 wrote:
Why don't you want it?

mauryb3 wrote:

William S.
Aug 05, 2016

mauryb3 wrote:

Did you consider just walking away from it? There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth but in the end it's likely they'll just take it back. This is the solution NO ONE wants to talk about....

Stu M.
Aug 11, 2016

I understand that my comment may be removed as it may be perceived as advertising, but felt I could share something of value to this conversation.

My name is Scott Loughran, and I'm the director of marketing at ReedHein & Associates, dba Timeshare Exit Team. I do not allow any of our staff to comment on forums or contribute to community conversations in spaces like this. That decision is solely based on respect for your community of timeshare owners. James does not work for us, but I'm thankful he's a satisfied customer who wanted to help contribute to this community.

We, as a company, truly understand why some timeshare owners are so frustrated with their current or previous ownership situations. We even more understand why those seeking help to get out of their timeshares have such a rigid guard up - we elected to be in this service industry that has made timeshare owners into victims for a second time and so they put their guard up. Good for them! However, that doesn't mean that we operate by the morals and principles that riddle this exit industry. Timeshare Exit Team truly is going about this in the safest and most secure way for our customers.

Just because you can mow your own grass doesn't mean that you don't have the right to hire trustworthy help from a landscaper to render his service and expertise for a price. Many businesses in the service industry, including Timeshare Exit Team, are simply offering convenience, expertise, and guaranteed result for a price. No different from your dry cleaner or barber, just a different industry.

Again, I appreciate the opportunity to comment, but understand and apologize if my response intrudes on your community and space and therefore need to be flagged and/or removed. Best of luck in your desired outcomes no matter how you elect to go about it.

donp196 wrote:
Take your SCAM somewhere else James or who ever you really are. By the time people come to the forums for help they are smart enough to avoid shills like you.

You turn my stomach using the forum to troll for victims.

Since you claim they are legit then answer a few simple questions. Where is their actual office located..... not a mail drop address. What state are they licensed to do business in and the names of the officers and addresses for them. Anyone can create a website and use a mail drop box for an address. If you refuse to answer or cannot answer those questions then it's a SCAM!

Scott L.

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 11, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 11, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. When they go on and on blabbering with absolutely no substance they are a scam. These low lives prey on people who are desperate to get out of their contracts. No one can guarantee they can get you out of your contract. If they claim they can then they are a SCAM.

Call your home resort yourself and ask if they will take it back. If they agree it 's safe and inexpensive and you are dealing directly with the resort itself. I got rid od two timeshares in 2011 that way. It took less than 30 days and it cost a minimal fee for filing and I didn't have to worry about dealing with the scammers.

If anyone is naïve enough to fall for this scam please come back six months from now and let us know how much the took you for with no results. They usually string you along for about six months until your time has expired to dispute the charges on your credit card. Once again: NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!!

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Aug 11, 2016 07:44 AM

Aug 12, 2016

You pay Upfront for your timeshare. Thank you for confirming the entire industry is a f****** scam

donp196 wrote:
NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. When they go on and on blabbering with absolutely no substance they are a scam. These low lives prey on people who are desperate to get out of their contracts. No one can guarantee they can get you out of your contract. If they claim they can then they are a SCAM.

Call your home resort yourself and ask if they will take it back. If they agree it 's safe and inexpensive and you are dealing directly with the resort itself. I got rid od two timeshares in 2011 that way. It took less than 30 days and it cost a minimal fee for filing and I didn't have to worry about dealing with the scammers.

If anyone is naïve enough to fall for this scam please come back six months from now and let us know how much the took you for with no results. They usually string you along for about six months until your time has expired to dispute the charges on your credit card. Once again: NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!!

William S.
Aug 12, 2016

Of course the entire timeshare industry is a scam. Why do you think they sell these products to unsuspecting victims who are enjoying a state of euphoria while they are on vacation. The industry spends millions of dollars researching how to wear their victims down by keeping them hostage at a presentation with the promise of gifts if they don't walk out. If they tried to sell this product on the open market they would be out of business the first week.

That sets the stage for these scam operations to prey on people who are desperate to get out of their contracts. I'll will repeat this phrase forever: NEVER pay anyone money who claims the can get you out of your contract. Make some phone calls to your home resort and " tell " them that you are going to get the property out of your name with or without their assistance and that it is in their best interest to work with you. I did that in 2011 and got rid of two timeshares through " deed backs " without paying a scam company a penny. It was quick and inexpensive and I had the comfort of dealing directly with the home resort and I wasn't worried about losing my money to scammers.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Aug 12, 2016 08:45 AM

Aug 13, 2016

Hello to Scott Loughran with TIME SHARE EXIT TEAM/REEDHEIN & ASSOCIATES. Please stop pretending to be an honest operation, your company should be out of business and it's amazing how many timeshare owners still fall for your scams.

Tam M.
Aug 13, 2016

donp196 wrote:
Of course the entire timeshare industry is a scam. Why do you think they sell these products to unsuspecting victims who are enjoying a state of euphoria while they are on vacation. .

Hey! ALL of us were "unsuspecting victims" or we would not be on Redweek following this increasingly angry thread. There even seem to be a large number of still-unsuspecting victims among us in this "conversation." So how about just offering simple, straightforward information that will help those who want to get out of their timeshares without cost?

Stu M.
Aug 13, 2016

All I hear from Scott is blah blah blah. Not one word about what they actually claim they do and how much they charge up front. They dazzle you with bs and lure you in and if you are naïve enough to fall for their scam they jerk you around until the period to dispute the charge on your credit card has expired.

Demand to see an actual contract in writing and they will probably hang up on you. They hide in the shadows and slither back into their rat holes at night.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Aug 13, 2016 11:06 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.