Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Jul 13, 2015

I just opened a letter from them (Association Management Department - 1425 K St. NW Suite 350 Washington, DC ). I called, gave the reference number then hung up as soon as the guy said,"let me get some information from you. " I really want to get rid of 3, yes I did say 3 timeshares. Is there any hope?

Saundra L.
Jul 21, 2015

You have to always be careful with timeshares most of them are scams in some sort of way. They got my naive grandparents sit through their presentation while on vacation and convinced them to buy into a timeshare. To make a long story short. They got lied to about places they could use and ended up paying all kinds of fees. It was just a money trap for them. So I did what I could to help them and they hired an attorney. My grand parents said it was worth every penny to get rid of this nightmare!

Thomas V.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 21, 2015 09:50 PM

Jul 21, 2015

Shill alert !! One of the new scams in here is attorneys who promise to get you out of your timeshare and of course they want an hefty upfront fee. Then once you give them the money the excuses start. All of sudden there is a problem and don't be surprised if they ask for more money. Anyone can create a website and make up a story about how the great attorney helped his parents. No attorney can get you out of a contract unless they can prove fraud. Don't be scammed again.

Don P.
Jul 22, 2015

I understand what your saying. But I didnt put that testimonial on here to get people caught up in another scam. Simply trying to help others who are having similar timeshare issues. If you think its a scam you should go check out the testimonials on there website. If an attorney is not something your interested in thats fine it just worked for us thats why I posted the story! Thanks, Thomas

donp196 wrote:
Shill alert !! One of the new scams in here is attorneys who promise to get you out of your timeshare and of course they want an hefty upfront fee. Then once you give them the money the excuses start. All of sudden there is a problem and don't be surprised if they ask for more money. Anyone can create a website and make up a story about how the great attorney helped his parents. No attorney can get you out of a contract unless they can prove fraud. Don't be scammed again.

Thomas V.

Last edited by thomasv106 on Jul 23, 2015 10:40 AM

Jul 22, 2015

Anyone can post phony testimonials on a website. Why did you find it necessary to post the law firms name and website on here before I notified redweek of your posting. Nobody can get you out of your contract just because they claim they can. I will keep monitoring these forums to keep the scammers out of here. Let them chase ambulances somewhere else.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 22, 2015 01:43 PM

Jul 23, 2015

donp196 - you are like a blind watchdog spreading gossip! Are you a lawyer? Let me answer that, no. I have gotten out of a timeshare using an attorney, Wyndham to be exact, but not the attorney he mentions. Yes it does cost money, but not the same as I was paying for my god awful timeshare. It seems as if you are jaded and want to shoot everything down without doing your due diligence. Remember there are good people out there, I know hard to belief, even a lawyer can be helpful from time to time. Everyone is different and so is every situation. Do some research before you start bashing people!

Matthew B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 23, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 23, 2015

These shills don't give up trying to push their scam. There are plenty of competent lawyers around. There is no need to push your attorney in the forum. Let everyone do their own research and find a lawyer on their own if they chose to use one. If someone tries to steer you to a specific law firm it's a SCAM !!!

Don P.
Aug 04, 2015

Has anyone heard of Mexican timeshare solutions/ www.timesharescam.com. Are these people for real?

Dee S.
Aug 05, 2015

They are just after your money. It's a SCAM !! NEVER pay anyone money upfront that promises to sell or get you out of your timeshare especially Mexican timeshares.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Aug 05, 2015 07:29 AM

Aug 05, 2015

dees99 wrote:
Has anyone heard of Mexican timeshare solutions/ www.timesharescam.com. Are these people for real?

They keep popping up here in the RedWeek forums with shill postings under different aliases. I keep reporting this to the moderators and they edit out the website name.

How did you come to hear of this company? Was it a Google ad? And since you asked about this company, I will ask you what are you hoping to get from them or what are they promising you?

Lance C.
Aug 05, 2015

My friend bought a timeshare and wanted to cancel the timeshare. He decided to go with MTS (Mexicantimeshare solutions) a week after signing a contract with them he was able to cancel his contract with the timeshare and get his deposit back on his own. Well MTS says he still has to pay him for the cancellation fee even tho he's the one that cancelled it. Should he still give MTS the money? What can MTS do if he doesn't pay?

lancec13 wrote:
dees99 wrote:

They keep popping up here in the RedWeek forums with shill postings under different aliases. I keep reporting this to the moderators and they edit out the website name.

How did you come to hear of this company? Was it a Google ad? And since you asked about this company, I will ask you what are you hoping to get from them or what are they promising you?

Dee S.
Aug 05, 2015

Don't pay them anything. They didn't do anything.

Don P.
Aug 05, 2015

They have a copy of his drivers license and passport. Can they come after him for the money? Does anyone have any experience with Mexican Timeshare Solutions?

Dee S.
Aug 06, 2015

They are scammers. They have to prove that you owe them money and they are a legit company which they are not. Don't be intimidated by them. Cut off all contact with them.

Don P.
Sep 22, 2015

Hello,

I just got my timeshare cancelled without the help of MTS also. Did you end up paying them or did you just cut all ties off with them? They have a copy of my passport and my drivers license as well.

Dona H.
Sep 23, 2015

...........WHAT IS NEEDED IS FEDERAL LEGAL INTERVENTION AND STRICT REGULATION REGARDING THE WHOLE TIMESHARE INDUSTRY NATIONWIDE. SO MUCH OF IT IS SCAM AND FRAUD RIDDEN FROM SALES TO ABSURDLY ESCALATING MAINTENANCE FEES AND MAKING TIMELY RESERVATIONS. RELATED SCAMSTERS/FRAUDSTERS INCLUDE SO-CALLED AGENTS WHO PROMISE TO SELL YOUR WORTHLESS TIMESHARE FOR AN UP-FRONT FEE OF USUALLY OVER $1,000; I KNOW.....I FELL INTO THAT UP-FRONT FEE TRAP TRYING TO SELL MY VALUELESS MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE: I CAN'T EVEN GIVE IT AWAY. PRESENTLY, THE MANHATTAN CLUB PRINCIPALS ARE TIED UP IN LITIGATION BROUGHT ABOUT BY THE NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL. HOWEVER, OWNERS CAN GET NO INFORMATION REGARDING THE PROGRESS OF THE LAWSUIT. WE'RE SIMPLY HELPLESS VICTIMS AWAITING WHATEVER LEGAL REMEDIES COMES OF THIS LAWSUIT, IF ANY. WHY CAN'T WE GET OUR LEGISLATORS TO SIT UP AND TAKE NOTICE OF THE SCOPE OF THESE ILLEGAL, FRAUDULENT, DECEPTIVE OPERATIONS: THE TIMESHARE INDUSTRY.?

CHECK OUT THE OTHER REDWEEK.COM FORUM: THE MANHATTAN CLUB LAWSUIT.

CHRIS

Chris V.
Nov 17, 2015

I'm also looking into MITCHELL REED SUSSMAN. he is charging me $1450. Has anyone hired him and was it sucesaful?

Valerie V.
Nov 18, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get out of your contract. All they want us your upfront money.

Don P.
Nov 18, 2015

valeriev51 wrote:
Has anyone hired him...

Hired him to do what? Cut your lawn? Paint your house? Babysit your kids?

Lance C.
Dec 04, 2015

I was recently contacted by Travel Associates, Inc of Quincy, MA. They said they had a buyer for my timeshare with Bel Air Vacation Club. The offer looked way too good to be true. However, I checked out the company and they appeared to be legit. Except there was nothing on their minimal website that indicated they were real estate brokers. They work with a title company located in Farmington, MA, True & Clear Title. They also appear to be legit.

However, with less than 2 weeks before the purposed closing date, the title company sends an addendum stating that I must register as a foreign investor with the Mexican government. I checked out the link that was included which did take me to an official site. However the registration form did not seem to apply to a individual person just selling a timeshare.

In addition, True & Clear Title told me I had to send $5460 to some company in Mexico. This is a definite red flag. The companies look legitimate but I won't do business with them.

C C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.