Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Sep 19, 2017

cecillem wrote:
We are in process to pay this company promising us to help us out our time share, I'm reading all comments here make me skeptical more not to pay them upfront.

Have you tried asking the resort (Actually, its Homeowners' Association) if it will take your unit back? It doesn't hurt to try and it will cost a lot less than paying some company that may or may not do what you paid it to do.

Lance C.
Oct 05, 2017

I was contacted by a guy named justin monroe not the writer he identified himself as the CEO of a company alliance broker from Minnesota he offer me to buy the right of use for my timeshare with Grand Luxxe for $92,000.00 USD. I played along just to see how far he will go, according to him his company (no he was the owner not the CEO) he told me no upfront fees or cost that his company will pay for the maintenance fees because Johnson & Johnson hired him to organize a golf tournament and that he was working directly with Vidanta. (I called vidanta and they don’t now the guy or the event). the funny part is that he mention that he will go to the bank to liquidate stocks from his company to pay me the $92,000 and less than 30 minutes he called me back to let me know the money was ready to be send, I guess the T+3 rules of the SEC doesn’t apply for this guy i mean really less than 30 minutes to trade stocks when the actual process is 3 days am sure he doesn’t even know this. And guess what happened when i told him i don’t want to continue he said no problem I will pay for the calculation fee for you. Here is the info of this scammer not so smart he was arrogant all the time, he even sent me a license number that it shows another guy as CEO and the only register agent also. https://mblsportal.sos.state.mn.us/Business/Search file number 1927122-2

Patrick W.
Oct 13, 2017

dont know if this happend to somebody before but after i refuse to make business with justin monroe from alliance broker inc, i got a call from juan de la garza (the guy sound exactly like justin monroe) he told me he was an attorney from the legal department of grupo vidanta and that it was ok to make bussines with alliance broker because they are authorize from vida to contact me, the scammer called from a prepaid cellphone 22.220.9064 from puerto vallarta and an email Investment @vidacounceling.mx , i contacted the PR from vidanta but havent get a response im sure is as fake as justin monroe and alliace broker inc.

any way be aware of this two scamers

Patrick W.
Dec 04, 2017

You are right. Judson Phillips of Nashville, Tennessee is a timeshare scammer. His business Castle Law Group is only the beginning of his scam. He owns multiple businesses and they are all connected in some way. Castle Law Group and Resort Relief are both intertwined with each other and Judson has a big part of that. The Tea Party is funded and operated by scam dollars from Castle. To make matters worse I have been doing research and he has started another timeshare scam business called Tristar Comsumer Law. The business has been reported to be in Memphis, Tennessee but it is actually in the same building as Castle Law Group.

georgea278 wrote:
This sounds alot like Castle Law in Nashville, supposedly run by "TEA Party" lawyer named Judson Phillips. They take money from us older timeshare owners and never do anything. Never return calls or emails. Months go by without hearing anything. They dont seem to care much about the client after they get your money.

Marcus A.
Jan 10, 2018

It's not just the attorneys that help The Time Share Exit Team aka Reed Hein & Associates who are the problem here in the US (I haven't heard of problems with the canadian branch), I wouldn't say their angels, but the TET is managed by a CEO who is a sycophant and a very self-aggrandizing predator who thinks he can get away with anything. His male senior leaders are all about how much money they can get, and the women managers who hide the crazy (themselves "involved" or related to him) just make it worse turning a blind eye as long as they get paid and get to do what they want. Who actually ever really sues a guy with more money anyway? right? He does whatever he wants, they lie to customers all the time, they'll tell you not to talk to the attorneys, they make you sign a power of attorney and act on your behalf...often misinforming you along the way. Maybe they'll get you out of your timeshare, but you'll likely have ruined your credit or have to declare bankruptcy too.

Aj B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 10, 2018 08:21 PM

Jan 10, 2018

Don't sign the power of attorney at least...make them let you talk to the attorney working on your behalf! You have a legal right to talk to your attorney..NONE of the TET employees are attorneys (not even close). Don't sign the contract unless they agree to PROVE they've exited you within no more than 90 days, confirmed by the timeshare company, or you get a total refund within 30 days.

Aj B.
Jan 10, 2018

ajb28 wrote:
Don't sign the power of attorney at least...make them let you talk to the attorney working on your behalf! You have a legal right to talk to your attorney..NONE of the TET employees are attorneys (not even close). Don't sign the contract unless they agree to PROVE they've exited you within no more than 90 days, confirmed by the timeshare company, or you get a total refund within 30 days.

Or better yet, just do what most of these attorneys do. Negotiate with the resort's HOA and ask them to take your unit back. This will cost a lot less money than paying TET to do it for you.

Lance C.
Jan 14, 2018

My question is that since all of these options are scams, does selling it yourself of redweek work? Since buying we have had a lot of unfortunate things happen to us and we need money to pay off what is left and I fall victim to Corporate time share who said they could rent my hot weeks and that it would not take long to get paid for it. Yea well that was $1899 wasted and I am trying to deal with them to get it back and that is going no where. I have considered calling the HOA to take it back but they will only do so if you don't owe a balance. So what options are there then?

Alex R.
Jan 14, 2018

alexr152 wrote:
My question is that since all of these options are scams, does selling it yourself of redweek work? Since buying we have had a lot of unfortunate things happen to us and we need money to pay off what is left and I fall victim to Corporate time share who said they could rent my hot weeks and that it would not take long to get paid for it. Yea well that was $1899 wasted and I am trying to deal with them to get it back and that is going no where. I have considered calling the HOA to take it back but they will only do so if you don't owe a balance. So what options are there then?

You can always make the difficult decision to simply stop paying, default on the loan and accept foreclosure (and the negative credit report consequences that will inevitably follow and last for 7 years thereafter). I'm not recommending this course of action OR suggesting that this is at all a pleasant choice; I am merely noting that it is always an available option.

If there is still an unpaid loan balance, there really isn't much else you can do if you are unable or unwilling to pay off the loan. Legally speaking, the "product" is not even yours to sell anyhow (on RedWeek or anywhere else) until and unless the loan is paid off FIRST. You do not have clear ownership title while there is still a unpaid loan balance outstanding. Believe me, no one on Planet Earth is looking to take over someone else's existing timeshare debt (and any such loans are most likely not transferable anyhow).

A question you should research and then HONESTLY answer is "What is my timeshare worth in the resale market today, if it was fully paid off right now?" If the honest and objective answer is little or nothing (as is actually the case for virtually any Westgate or Wyndham "products"), why consider paying off the loan at all if if the product is essentially worthless in the resale market anyhow? Just food for thought. Many people do not realize (and / or do not want to acknowledge) just how very little many (most?) timeshares are actually worth in the resale market. The original (grossly inflated) purchase price from the developer is completely irrelevant and meaningless information. NO buyer shopping for a timeshare in the resale market cares one bit about that original developer purchase figure; they know full well that the actual resale market value quite simply "is whatever it is" and is not related in any way to what the original purchaser agreed to pay a developer.

I'm sure that none of this is welcome information, but don't shoot the messenger. I am merely telling you the simple and straightforward truth, with no sugar coating. Good luck with your decision and chosen course of action --- and please stay away from ALL "upfront fee" "escape / relief / exit / rescue" outfits. They are just parasites who can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING constructive for you, although any and all them will all be happy to take you money and tell you they will "try to help". Just empty promises and meaningless assurances, with no actual results.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 17, 2018 10:18 AM

Jan 14, 2018

alexr152 wrote:
Yea well that was $1899 wasted and I am trying to deal with them to get it back and that is going no where.

Unfortunately that will continue to go nowhere. The only thing that might help would be to report Corporate Time Share to the Attorney-General of the state where they are located. This can easily be done online.

So in addition to Ken's advice about whom to not seek out, do not seek out (or accept any offers from) companies that claim they can recover your upfront fee for you. Some of them might even be the same company that scammed you in the first place but operating under a different name.

Lance C.
Apr 09, 2018

Have you found out anything on Mitchell reed Sussman? I recently emailed them

Misty M.
Apr 10, 2018

mistym105 wrote:
Have you found out anything on Mitchell reed Sussman? I recently emailed them

Mitchell Sussman is a California attorney who has been around for quite some time in the "timeshare escape" game. If you got involved with him (or for that matter, with ANY other "exit / rescue/ escape" entity, licensed attorney or otherwise), you would pay thousands of dollars upfront. Bear in mind that no one (including attorneys) possesses any magic beans or secret knowledge that can somehow make a valid, legal / contractual obligation just magically disappear.

An attorney might (...repeat MIGHT) be able to negotiate a contract termination settlement in some instances, but it's costly, risky --- with no guarantee of success. Attorneys are not magicians who possess any secret powers and if there is an unpaid loan balance involved, the odds of successfully negotiating an "exit" settlement are very slim. Choosing to simply default on the loan instead would certainly cost thousands of dollars less, but obviously with negative credit report consequences for defaulting on a loan obligation.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 11, 2018 04:55 AM

Apr 10, 2018

So in your opinion what is the best option to get out of this timeshare?

Misty M.
Apr 10, 2018

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your timeshare !!!!!

Don P.
Apr 10, 2018

mistym105 wrote:

Which timeshare are you talking about? Are the maintenance fees paid up? Is there any outstanding loan or mortgage on the unit? Answering those questions honestly can help others help you.

Lance C.
Apr 11, 2018

mistym105 wrote:

You haven't identified the timeshare or its' status (i.e., loan balance, location, resort, season, deeded or RTU, etc.), so there is really no information on the table here on which to base any opinion. Some general information and suggestions follow:

If you have a loan balance, you will not find a new recipient at any price (even for free). The loan balance is surely much more than the timeshare is worth; consider defaulting on the loan, facing foreclosure and taking the inevitable credit report hit.

If there is no loan balance and maintenance fees are fully paid up to date, ask the resort HOA if they will accept a "deedback". If the HOA will accept a "deedback", that is definitely the cleanest, quickest (and lowest cost) way "out".

If "deedback" is not an available option, but everything is paid up, you can try to give it away for free (I suggest the Bargain Deals section of Timeshare Users Group; see https://www.tug2.net). Unless it's a undesirable studio week in Timbuktu, or has obscenely high annual fees, you might find someone willing to take it, but you might also have to offer to pay all closing costs and any applicable transfer fee.

If it's paid up to date and you can't "deedback" to the HOA or find a willing new recipient, you can simply stop paying anything further; at some point they will foreclose. There will likely be some "collections" calls before foreclosure, but no negative credit report consequences *if* (and only if) there was no loan default.

That's really all I can offer you with no information or details having ever been provided about the particular timeshare with which you now seek to part company.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 12, 2018 07:48 AM

May 01, 2018

I would love to discuss your experience and opinions with you about this industry.

Nicole V.
May 01, 2018

Nicole V.

Last edited by nicolev89 on May 01, 2018 09:03 AM

May 01, 2018

Nicole V.

Last edited by nicolev89 on May 01, 2018 09:03 AM

May 01, 2018

nicolev89 wrote:
Ken and Misty. I would love to discuss this topic with you and the shady business practices involved.

With all due respect, there is really nothing more to "discuss" about Castle Law Group that hasn't already been addressed in detail (and ad nauseam) in 22 full pages of posts in a different thread in this forum specifically concerning Castle Law Group.

Have you read any of those 22 pages of posts on the topic? I believe that you will find anything and everything you might possibly want to know or ask about Castle Law Group, its' practices, current status, exactly how and where to file a formal complaint if you've already fallen prey to their "exit" operation, references to lawsuits recently filed against them in Federal court in Florida, etc.

If you to take the time to read the abundant material (434 posts at last count) in that other subject-specific thread, you will easily find and learn everything that you could possibly want to know about Castle Law Group.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 02, 2018 09:00 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.