Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

May 09, 2018

I received a cold call from Omni Ellis, offering to help me get out of timeshare with Festivia. Omni wants an upfront fee, credit card # & signed contract. Attorneys are Mitchell Reed Sussman or Nelly Law. Anyone have dealings with them? They said, no problem if you have late fees. PLEASE ADVISE.

Mary S.
May 09, 2018

marys1922 wrote:
I received a cold call from Omni Ellis, offering to help me get out of timeshare with Festivia. Omni wants an upfront fee, credit card # & signed contract. Attorneys are Mitchell Reed Sussman or Nelly Law. Anyone have dealings with them? They said, no problem if you have late fees. PLEASE ADVISE.

Stay as far away as you can!!! It's an often used practice to change company names and that's what has happened here. Mitchell Reed used to be a partner with Mitchell Reed Sussman & Associates and they are BIG TIME scammers and have been reported to the California State Bar. The National Timeshare Owners Association has warned timeshare owners and resorts time and time again to stay away from these companies. This outfit is not any different than the Castle Law Group in Tennessee!!!

Tam M.
May 09, 2018

marys1922 wrote:
Omni wants an upfront fee....PLEASE ADVISE.

That right there is a huge no-no.

Have you tried asking the resort yourself if it will take your unit back? Are you behind on your maintenance fees and/or mortgage?

Lance C.
May 21, 2018

Did you go With omni Ellis? I am currently considering it.

Lacy S.
May 22, 2018

lacys8 wrote:

Read and re-read all the warnings in this series! Paying up front to a "get rid of your timeshare" company is a very bad idea. It sounds quick and easy, but the quick and easy way is often the wrong and most expensive way. Take the time to ask about a deedback. Run ads in Redweek, T.U.G., eBay, tstoday, MyResortsNetwork and others.

Stu M.
May 22, 2018

lacys8 wrote:

If you are actually serious and not just joking, then what you are "currently considering" is unwisely flushing a few thousand dollars right down the toilet, to no productive end.

There is an old saying that "a fool and his money are soon parted". Please don't choose to become someone who (once again) proves that old saying to be absolutely true.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 22, 2018 07:40 AM

Sep 02, 2018

Help. So if my timeshare is paid on full. It won’t go on credit report if I stop paying maintenance fees?!!! Thanks! Cheryl

Cheryl P.
Sep 03, 2018

cherylp346 wrote:
Help. So if my timeshare is paid on full. It won’t go on credit report if I stop paying maintenance fees?!!! Thanks! Cheryl

You own your timeshare free and clear but you are thinking that if you stop paying maintenance fees your credit report will not be affected.

Wrong. You have a contractual obligation to pay the maintenance fees.

So get busy and try to sell it. My favorite places to run ads when I've sold timeshares are: ebay, timesharing today, myresortsnetwork, T. U.G. and Redweek.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Sep 03, 2018 05:55 AM

Sep 03, 2018

Not quite true Mark. Wyndham, Westgate, and Diamond all have programs to take back timeshare contracts if the mortgage is paid in full, and maintenance fees and assessments are up to date. Wyndham does not charge a fee, but the other 2 do. These programs are not permanent, so action should be sooner rather than later. Contacting the developer would be the first step.

John I.
Sep 03, 2018

ALL COLD CALLS RELATED TO TIMESHARES ARE SCAMS. Are you stupid or what?

David K.
Sep 03, 2018

Transfer your timeshare to someone with a terminal illness.

David K.
Sep 03, 2018

davidk689 wrote:
Transfer your timeshare to someone with a terminal illness.

That person would still have to agree to take on ownership of the timeshare. And I think that that person would have a lot more to worry about than helping someone out of a timeshare.

Lance C.
Sep 04, 2018

johni116 wrote:
Not quite true Mark. Wyndham, Westgate, and Diamond all have programs to take back timeshare contracts if the mortgage is paid in full, and maintenance fees and assessments are up to date. Wyndham does not charge a fee, but the other 2 do. These programs are not permanent, so action should be sooner rather than later. Contacting the developer would be the first step.

Ah, but it IS true. I was answering her question concerning what would happen to her credit rating were she to stop paying maintenance fees.

Meantime, I'm very well aware of Ovation. Just booked our last year's worth of "free" Limited Edition points.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Sep 04, 2018 07:17 AM

Sep 09, 2018

We need to band together and form a class suit. Much better to pool any accessed fee’s we would pay to this worthless company and fight! DO NOT cave in. We need to take a firm stance and fight. Pool our resources and fight!

Tom P.
Sep 10, 2018

You must not read the inormation in this forum....why would you EVER consider using Omni Ellis? These people are as bad as Castle Law Group or anyone else asking for upfront fees.

Tam M.
Sep 10, 2018

Do Not Pay your annual fee to a new bunch of thieves! We must pool our resources and fight!!! 100 of us pooling our maintainable fee’s will be adequate to form a strong front to this extoration!!!!

Tom P.
Oct 01, 2018

If you give it to a charity..don't you still have to pay maintenance fee?

Deborah F.
Oct 01, 2018

deborahf157 wrote:

If a charitable organization's management were foolish enough to accept a timeshare, that organization -- not you --would be on the hook for the maintenance fee. the question is, Why in the world would any charitable organization accept a timeshare as a gift? To sell it? Ha! If YOU can't sell it, how can THEY?

Stu M.
Oct 02, 2018

deborahf157 wrote:

You might have to pay the charity what they call a "service charge", but if the charity takes possession of your unit, then they will be responsible for future maintenance fees.

Lance C.
Oct 02, 2018

So go ahead and make a generalization about "every company" and go ahead and the next time you want to advertise something for sale in s newspaper, tell them you wont pay upfront. Try it with Redweeks. Advertise with them but tell them you wont pay upfront fees. Let's see if you'll get THEM to do anything with that attitude.

Aron P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.