White Point Vacation Club

Does availability exist here?

Apr 17, 2007

In several years, I have never found an available exchange to this place via RCI, regardless of season or unit size. Also, I have NEVER ONCE seen a posting ANYWHERE at ANY time for a rental, a sale, or a direct owner exchange for this facility --- not on RedWeek or on ANY other timeshare related site. Calls directly to the resort indicate "nothing available". Collectively, I find these observations to be a bit odd.....

Does anyone have any personal knowledge or experience regarding this place? Not looking for speculation, or guesses, or theoies...... I'm asking about direct knowledge, based upon personal, first hand experience. Thanks.

KC
Apr 21, 2007

Hi Ken, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, not very far from White Point Vacation Club and we have actually bought a timeshare unit there. Some of the reasons you may find that there is hardly any availability at White Point, is because this is the ONLY Timeshare Resort on the East Coast of Canada. A lot of Atlantic Canadians love the idea of having a resort they can enjoy in their own backyard, with great walking trails, beautiful units, nice beach, and great spot for young families. We like our unit, but we also own couple of other units in other resorts. This year, we have not planned on using our unit at White Point Vacation Club, due to a hectic international travel schedule. So if you do want to check out the White Point Vacation Club, let me know....I will see what can be done.

Avila C.
Jun 08, 2007

I'm sorry that I did not see and/or respond to this message long before now --- an oversight on my part for not checking back on my own posting in a timely manner. Since posting, I've also learned that there are actually only 10 timeshare units at White Point, so I now understand much better how/why there is never any summer exchange availability.

I already have SOME summer plans firmly in place, but I would NEVER dismiss an opportunity to visit Nova Scotia again. It's where my grandparents are from and I've visited many times. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the most beautiful places in North America, with some of the nicest, friendliest people to be found anywhere.

If your unit is still available this summer and if you would entertain the possibility of a week's rental, perhaps you could advise by private message, or provide me with an alternate email address so that we could discuss details outside of an open public forum. I know that this resort offers discounted lodging in a nearby motel in exchange for enduring a sales presentation, but I am not at all interested in either a motel stay OR a sales presentation......

In any event, thank you very much for your kind and informative reply and I apologize for not seeing and responding long before now. My bad.

Regards, Ken

KC
Jun 09, 2007

ken1193 wrote:
I'm sorry that I did not see and/or respond to this message long before now --- an oversight on my part for not checking back on my own posting in a timely manner. Since posting, I've also learned that there are actually only 10 timeshare units at White Point, so I now understand much better how/why there is never any summer exchange availability.

I already have SOME summer plans firmly in place, but I would NEVER dismiss an opportunity to visit Nova Scotia again. It's where my grandparents are from and I've visited many times. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the most beautiful places in North America, with some of the nicest, friendliest people to be found anywhere.

If your unit is still available this summer and if you would entertain the possibility of a week's rental, perhaps you could advise by private message, or provide me with an alternate email address so that we could discuss details outside of an open public forum. I know that this resort offers discounted lodging in a nearby motel in exchange for enduring a sales presentation, but I am not at all interested in either a motel stay OR a sales presentation......

In any event, thank you very much for your kind and informative reply and I apologize for not seeing and responding long before now. My bad.

Regards, Ken

Hi Ken, Life sometimes gets busy so I understand the delay in replying. I wasn't sure how this system worked....now I know that I actually get an e-mail message when there's a reply. We have now banked our week with RCI this summer, but will be using some of the White Point Vacation Club facilities later this summer, which they encourage the timeshare members to use. I must agree that Nova Scotia IS a beautiful place to be and great you have enjoyed your trips here. Have a great summer.

Avila C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.