Apr 21, 2007

We have a chance to stay for a week in july as an rci exchange. I was hoping someone could tell me about their one bedroom units and whether AC truly isn't necessary because of breezes. Thanks

Mike J.
Apr 26, 2007

mikej110 wrote:
We have a chance to stay for a week in july as an rci exchange. I was hoping someone could tell me about their one bedroom units and whether AC truly isn't necessary because of breezes. Thanks
We're going in mid June, so I can tell you then. A few of the reviews havn't been stellar--hoping they are wrong! I'd sure like to hear from anyone that's been there in the last few months.

Nan H.
Jun 23, 2007

We stayed there last week and are staying on the south shore his week. This is a nice resort wth large units and beautiful cross breezes. Most of Hawaii seems to just open the doors and use fans for cooling and it works just fine. The area is LOVELY! Units are very private and there are lots of nice bar-b-ques to use. However, if you want a fancy pool area with a bar and restaurant this is NOT for you! Pool and hot tub are adequate but NOT fancy and you'll have to go a few miles to a restaurant. Nearest beach is 1/2 mile or so away. I really enjoyed my stay and would stay again. It's TONS better than the private condo we''re in now!

Nan H.
Jul 09, 2007

nanh9 wrote:
mikej110 wrote:
We're going in mid June, so I can tell you then. A few of the reviews havn't been stellar--hoping they are wrong! I'd sure like to hear from anyone that's been there in the last few months.
We bought a one bedroom with loft in early 2007. We stayed one week and really enjoyed it. Fans in each room and breezes will keep you cool. The Cliffs Club is a great value.

Bruce M.
May 06, 2008

mikej110 wrote:
I was just there in December we did not use the air conditioner at all. Of course it rained every day for at least 30 minutes and did not affect our vacation at all. We were in the property just across the street, the Ali Kai II which is also a great property. If you can get in there it has a beautiful view of the ocean and the mountains. I am not sure about the mountain view from the Cliffs. Be sure to drive down to the Princeville hotel at the west end of the road to the Cliffs. Tour the hotel and go down to the surf. The snorkelling is fantastic. The snorkelling at the Mariott (not the one at the airport but the other one farther on the south side of the island) is great. We took bagels in ziplock bags and the more you feed the fish the bigger the fish come to eat. They will eat out of you hand so be careful as the teeth are sharp. I got scraped but did not bleed. The cliff view at the Cliffs is breathtaking and I counted 8 waterfalls in the distance off of the mountains looking toward the west. Dean

Dean C.
Apr 29, 2010

We exchanged a week from our Cancun timeshare late, last August. We were concerned too, but we didn't need air conditioning at all, the fans were more than adequate. If you opened the sliding doors on either unit end, there was a nice cross breeze too.

Valerie B.
Apr 29, 2010

We have owned a one bedroom plus loft unit at the Cliffs since 2005. The design of this unit is great! We love the resort, and the upgraded remodeling they have done recently is superb. Before we bought at the Cliffs, we shopped around on Kauai quite a bit. We liked the Cliffs so much, we bought a second week. We are convinced that the Cliffs is one of the nicest facilities on Kauai and a great value. The amenities are good. Try the open air Bali Hai Restaurant just a short walk away. Hanalei is fun, and Hidden Beach is a must see.

As for air conditioning...We usually stay at the Cliffs in the summer. As soon as we arrive, we make a stop at the Home Depot in Lihue and purchase two box fans (about $20 each) which we then set up in the condo. We place one fan in the loft, and the other downstairs, and we open the sliding glass doors. This creates a great breeze that keeps us cool, and we feel pretty comfortable without air conditioning. Aloha, and enjoy your stay at the Cliffs!

Bruce M.

Last edited by bruce712 on Apr 29, 2010 10:17 PM

Mar 16, 2012

The ocean and mountain views are to die for. I would wake up every morning to see a 4,000ft mountain 10 miles away with an ever flowing waterfall. When i walked to the living room area, I would always be treated to an incredable ocean view with whales always jumping in the winter/spring months. The wind always seems to be blowing so it was rare to even use a ceiling fan.

I'm impressed that the management spends a ton of money to keep the units up to date and refurbishes them on a regualr basis. The grounds have always been inpecable. I enjoy this laid back place so much that I bought another unit.

R scott S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.