Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone have experience with Preston Green or Americap International Corp

Jul 10, 2015

Nobody should do business with VHO until they disclose their location and business license. You have no recourse dealing with a company that hides somewhere in cyberspace using a drop box for a business address.

Don P.
Jul 10, 2015

I have done business with him and could never recommend he nor VHO. He is terrible to deal with personally and berates and argues with you on the phone. You never have a reservation confirmed with the resort until the day of arrival and in our case it was not what we had contracted with them for. I have rented directly with owners since then and this is the only way I would ever rent in the future. You know what unit you are renting the day you put down a deposit, the people are pleasant and non-confrontational, the prices are the same or better and there is much less stress because the hidden unknown of paying money without knowledge of what unit you get is not there.

Trent P.
Jul 10, 2015

Trentp8's experience is viritually identical to what we went through last summer when we used VHO for our Summer vacation. We wasted the first day and 1/2 of our vacation fighting with Preston over the phone as the room he had promised and we had paid for was not available. Never again would I go this route but rather would choose to deal directly with the owner. It never felt right from the beginning (ie not being able to get a confirmation, the hotel not having any record of us, etc) and for good reason. It is not right. Live and Learn

S C.
Jul 11, 2015

No one & I mean no one should ever deal/trust Preston Green. Extremely errogant individual who looks for confrontation. I would describe him as an unscrupulous character & would recommend using any of the other options out there...... STEER CLEAR OF PRESTON

Everett B.
Jul 11, 2015

VHO claims that they have an A rating with the BBB. I watched a show on CNBC last night called American Greed. The company that perpetrated a 37 million dollar scam also had an A rating from the BBB. That should tell you something about the BBB rating system.

Don P.
Jul 11, 2015

sc180, you are right about it "not feeling right". I made a reservation in haste a couple years ago after seeing an ad on Redweek because I had no experience with renting properties. After I signed the contract I found out that the hotel had no record of me. I called Preston and spent hours on the phone with him arguing and being berated by him with him telling me to trust him and that I signed the contract so there was no way for me to get out of my agreement. My name was never on the reservation until the day we arrived, which is really too late to make changes. When I arrived at the resort, my intuition and suspicions were confirmed and we did not get the type of room we wanted. My gut told me something was wrong and sure enough it was correct. Since this experience I have rented directly from owners four times and all have been totally hassle and stress free. Everyone I have dealt with has been pleasant, friendly and honest. Yes, live and learn.

Trent P.

Last edited by trentp8 on Jul 11, 2015 10:16 AM

Jul 11, 2015

I had experience with Preston and he lived up to everything he promised and our family did not have a problem at all. We will rent from him again.

I saw a lot of posts that he was unresponsive, but any questions I had when I called, he personally handled.

With any business there will be issues, but my experience was a pleasant one in dealing with Preston. Just wanted to give a positive comment because we had a positive experience. Thanks Preston and team!!

Chad P.
Jul 11, 2015

Still, no answer as to where Preston really is. If you plug in his address into Google Maps (269 S Beverly Dr., Beverly Hills, CA) it's a shabby looking place called "Postal Place". Really simple.

Matt K.
Jul 12, 2015

Chadp16.....even a broken clock gets it right twice a day. He should get it right every time not the failure rate shown in this forum and I can imagine how many others that we haven't heard from. I would expect him to get it right every time since that's his business. I am still waiting to hear where his business is located and where he is licensed to do business.

Don P.
Jul 12, 2015

Dear Forum Readers and Property owners:

This gentleman, Everett Baroni, simply got angry because we would not accept his $1500 offers on prime summer Marriott Hilton Head properties we advertised at $3200.

He proceeded to explain that he had been sending owners low ball offers for years, did not like that we offered him alternatives, and then called, berated and cursed our staff.

So important to get both sides of a story and context.

Owners, if you have any prime Marriott Summer Hilton Head properties for $1500 or less, Everett Baroni needs your help.

Happy Travels

Vacation Homes Only

Preston G.
Jul 13, 2015

VHO where are you located ?? Where are you licensed to do business if you are licensed at all ?? If you refuse to answer those questions then nobody should ever do business with you.

Don P.
Jul 14, 2015

Preston

It seems you forgot the part in your initial response where you told me I could not afford said property, you were completely out of line & unprofessional. RedWeek should do the right thing & ban you from listing anything on their site, it is obvious your poor reputation speaks for it's self as many here say you are a bit of a scoundrel. I did absolutely nothing wrong.... People list their weeks with their asking prices & if I am interested I make them an offer..... what I offer is irrelivant.....they have the right to accept my offer or decline it. I have been a Red Week member for 5 yrs now & some how I always seem to make a deal. You are the 1st dirt bag I have encountered on this site in 5 yrs of using it. All owners to date that I have dealt with have been very satisfied with the ease of dealing with me once we agree on a price,

There are many options out there people & Preston Green should NOT be one of them !!

Everett B.

Last edited by everettb12 on Jul 14, 2015 03:17 PM

Jul 14, 2015

Preston

You also neglected to tell how you told me you would give me a $200 finders fee for finding you the weeks at the properties I was searching for $2000 or less. In 15 mins I found an owner that would accept $2000 & you weaseled out of the finders fee. If your going to pretend to be a businessman Preston act like one.

Take the time to let other posters know your business location(address), why do you keep dodging that question???

Everett B.
Jul 20, 2015

I rented through vacation homes only, particularly Preston Green and this is my experience. My name is gary and on June 4 rented a week at barony beach marriott on July 18-25. After reading some posts I was getting nervous, particularly that marriott said they did not have me listed several days prior to my vacation. My family arrived this past Saturday and were listed for the week and are having a great experience and wanted to thank Vacation Homes Only, especially Preston, for this.

Gary R.
Jul 20, 2015

Hey everyone....... Preston got one right. Let's hear for Preston and VHO they finally got someone what they promised. Mark this date and time in history. It's a miracle !! Now let's hear where his company is located and registered to do business. If he refuses to answer those questions then nobody should ever do business with him until he does. Why would anybody give this company their hard earned money after seeing all the negative posts in here.

Don P.
Aug 01, 2015

Preston Green, It is apparent that you see this forum as soon as people post in it and you are usually quick to respond. So, please answer the question that has been posed here many, many times:

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED AND LICENSED???????

Margaret H.
Aug 01, 2015

My question is why would anyone give this company thousands of dollars not knowing where they are and where they are licensed especially after reading the horror stories in here.

Don P.
Aug 01, 2015

Jayjay J.

Last edited by jayj132 on Aug 02, 2015 12:44 PM

Aug 02, 2015

Vacation Homes has people using fake names, what more do you need to know??? Use the other options out there, there are many & all are better than the guy that uses the name Preston Green & Vacation Homes

Everett B.

Last edited by everettb12 on Aug 02, 2015 07:44 PM

Nov 07, 2015

I rented a unit through Preston, and in hindsight, everything went by the contract. I will say the price I paid wasn't what was advertised "because inventory constantly changes, and another unit is available at a slightly higher price". Common practice? I don't know. Shame on them if it is, but I agreed to it. EVERY other time I rented a unit at the same property, I had no problem getting a reservation number from the property. But with VHO, everything seemed hush-hush. Yes, I got nervous when I contacted the property and they had no record of me or my reservation. VHO assured me my name was listed as "guest" and unit owner was listed as "owner". Again, hush-hush, very secretive stuff. I don't know why. Again, every other time, owner's name was listed, my name listed, and reservation number with property, not VHO. VHO can pull all kind of reservation numbers out of wherever, but the actual property's reservation numbers are a little more meaningful. I have to admit I was pretty nervous, constantly checking availability at nearby hotels just in case. Too much unwanted stress, that's for sure. This was the 9th week we have purchased from owners at this property, so we have had some experience before at this property. The previous 8 we were always provided with a resort confirmation number. This was the cause of our uncertainty...... So..... Was everything delivered by the contract by Preston? Yes. Will I go through Preston again? No, I don't need the stress. Is this fair to Preston? I don't know, I just know I'm more comfortable with familiarity.

Steve P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.