Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Hyatt Pinon Pointe

May 22, 2007

Can a current owner Hyatt owner tell me whether or not they have been able to trade into Aspen and/or Beaver Creek. My thinking is that Hyatt owners at these resorts would be reluctant to exchange their week. I know if I paid the prices one pays to get into Beaver Creek I would be very reluctant to exchange. Your thinking?

Carvan A.

Last edited by carvana on Jul 04, 2007 12:19 PM

May 23, 2007

We have a unit at Pinon Pointe but have not yet tried to exchange for either Beaver Creek or Aspen, so we will also be interested in any answer you receive. (Note, your second sentence appears to be missing something - you might want to update your question.)

George G.
May 23, 2007

georgeg84 wrote:
We have a unit at Pinon Pointe but have not yet tried to exchange for either Beaver Creek or Aspen, so we will also be interested in any answer you receive. (Note, your second sentence appears to be missing something - you might want to update your question.)

You are right my thougt was not finished. My thinking is that most Hyatt owners at Beaver Creek and/or Aspen are likely to use their high priced units tghemselves rather than bank them thereby making few units available for other Hyatt owners to trade in to those pricey resorts.

Carvan A.
May 24, 2007

carvana wrote:
georgeg84 wrote:

You are right my thougt was not finished. My thinking is that most Hyatt owners at Beaver Creek and/or Aspen are likely to use their high priced units tghemselves rather than bank them thereby making few units available for other Hyatt owners to trade in to those pricey resorts.

George G.
May 24, 2007

I think you are probably right -- I might want to use them myself if I owned a unit there! However, I do know that some owners at those resorts do release their units. For example, we are having a small family reunion at Pinon Pointe this winter, and need extra units. We were able to get in contact (via a broker who lists on Redweek.com) with an owner of (it turns out) 3 units at Beaver Creek. He released one those units, then reserved a unit for us a Pinon Pointe for our desired week. We paid the owner (essentially buying his points, or renting a unit, however you want to look at it), and the reservation (received from Hyatt) is in our name. So, there is at least one Beaver Creek unit available!

George G.
May 17, 2008

I own a week five at Pinon Pointe. I had no trouble trading it into Breckenridge Main Street Station during the summer and September which is when my we love it there. Spring and summer should be a breeze. Ski season would likely be difficult.

Douglas e. S.
Jul 20, 2008

carvana wrote:
Can a current owner Hyatt owner tell me whether or not they have been able to trade into Aspen and/or Beaver Creek. My thinking is that Hyatt owners at these resorts would be reluctant to exchange their week. I know if I paid the prices one pays to get into Beaver Creek I would be very reluctant to exchange. Your thinking?

Hi I know for a fact that Sedona owners go to Aspen. Just don't expect a holiday week. How the Hyatt system works is we split our time up so owners can use a portion of their week and exchange the rest. Our system is based on points so lots of owners take the points and use their resort a few days and use the rest of the points in other properties. If you wanted to go to Aspen at Xmas it would be a difficult trade but any other time would work just fine. Because Hyatt properties are so exclusive like Aspen, Carmel, Key West owners do trade and like to go to other properties. People get tired of going to the same place all the time. The new properties coming are NYC in Manhattan, Northstar in Tahoe, Siesta Key in Sarasota Florida etc. so would any owners in Aspen or Beavercreek want to go to these properties? the answer is yes and of course there are a few site spific owners that go to the same place all the time but the majority of owners use all the properties. My name is Linda and I own Hyatt Pinon pointe in Sedona and I have successfully traded into Aspen and Beavercreek.

Linda H.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 20, 2008 06:44 PM

Jul 22, 2008

lindah495 wrote:
carvana wrote:

Hi I know for a fact that Sedona owners go to Aspen. Just don't expect a holiday week. How the Hyatt system works is we split our time up so owners can use a portion of their week and exchange the rest. Our system is based on points so lots of owners take the points and use their resort a few days and use the rest of the points in other properties. If you wanted to go to Aspen at Xmas it would be a difficult trade but any other time would work just fine. Because Hyatt properties are so exclusive like Aspen, Carmel, Key West owners do trade and like to go to other properties. People get tired of going to the same place all the time. The new properties coming are NYC in Manhattan, Northstar in Tahoe, Siesta Key in Sarasota Florida etc. so would any owners in Aspen or Beavercreek want to go to these properties? the answer is yes and of course there are a few site spific owners that go to the same place all the time but the majority of owners use all the properties. My name is Linda and I own Hyatt Pinon pointe in Sedona and I have successfully traded into Aspen and Beavercreek.

Linda,

Thanks for answering my question. Did you buy from Hyatt or resale? If resale, have you had a positive experience?

Thanks

Carvan A.

Carvan A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.