General Discussion

Hyatt Time shares

May 24, 2007

Hi, I got an offer to go stay at a GREAT Hyatt resort at a discount price. It all sounds too good and ALL I have to do is listen to this 90 minute presentation about time share. Does anyone know about this? Is it a hard sell? Are they going to want full payment if I don't buy? Do they treat you the same as if you were a full paying guest? My husband is a huge skeptic and is worried about going. I want to check it out and stay at a great place for a deal. Please advise to the procedure, if you know. Thanks

Kapriee P.
May 24, 2007

What they are offering you is a vacation in return for you going to their timeshare sales presention where they try to get you to buy into their resort. Some presentations are hard sell, some are not, but just be sure to hold your own if you're not interesting in buying. Timeshare salespeople are very good at what they do and they CAN wear you down.

If you do decide to buy then look into the resale market. You get the same product at a much cheaper price than the developer offers.

R P.
May 24, 2007

The discount price for your stay at the Hyatt will remain the same. All they want is your presence at the presentation.

R P.
May 24, 2007

kaprieep wrote:
Hi, I got an offer to go stay at a GREAT Hyatt resort at a discount price. It all sounds too good and ALL I have to do is listen to this 90 minute presentation about time share. Does anyone know about this? Is it a hard sell? Are they going to want full payment if I don't buy? Do they treat you the same as if you were a full paying guest? My husband is a huge skeptic and is worried about going. I want to check it out and stay at a great place for a deal. Please advise to the procedure, if you know. Thanks

We do not go to these free vacations just for these reasons. We did go years ago to the Hyatt presentation and it was long and hard sales and we thought we were going to need to fight our way out! These nice people will turn on you when they see you have no interest! If they have the time to mess with you they will drag their feet hoping you will give up and leave without your free stuff!

We have a friend retired and now living in Reno and he is very nice but his wife is a total B---h and she will tell you so and she loves to go to these because they are free and she wants the free stuff!

They come up couple days and stay when we go to our timeshare in Lake Tahoe like this Memorial week.

She will go anywhere that is free and she can be pretty funny.

She tells us how she drags John to these free vacations and he can be sold anything so his orders are to keep his mouth closed at all times!

They go to the tour and get the free stuff and tell the people they have friends that own and if they see something they like they will have us first look at resales! This is Ginger being nice and it only last this time!

She says after this the reps will pass them off and walk away and her and John leave. Sometimes they get passed off to second person and the real Ginger comes out! She tells them she isn't buying or would ever buy a timeshare and only there for free vacation and gifts!

John says he lowers his head because he knows how mean she can get and most of the time the sales people start backing away and that ends that!

John told me knowing his wife and her mouth when these people start the hard sales he knows its going to hit the fan!

They had one lady tried and not give them the free gifts and Ginger made such a scene that other people starting leaving and these sales people ran to get their free stuff!

I guess if you are really thinking of buying it is worth free trip but to us the free couple days and garbage gifts not worth the time and stress these people can put you in!

Remember after you hear their offers go home and look for what you like on the resale market! The final one time offer they make you will always be there as long as there selling, no matter what some sleeze ball salesman tells you!

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on May 24, 2007 05:49 PM

May 24, 2007

We never go to presentations either. It's a waste of valuable vacation time to us, but a lot of people do take advantage of the freebies and cash that's offered. I've read of people going to several presentations on their one week of vacation just for the freebies and cash.

We were once paid $75 in cash to do a presentation at a resort in Kissimmee, FL ..... we'll never do it again. What should have been a 30-45 minute presentation turned into 4+ hours. Some salespeople will not take no for an answer. It's just not worth it to us.

R P.
May 25, 2007

kaprieep wrote:

This "discounted lodging" (rarely in prime time) in exchange for enduring a developer sales rap is very common in the timeshare industry. It guarantees getting a potential buyer audience into a room. The sales people are ALWAYS teams of hard sell professionals who will appeal to your intelligence, your financial sense, maybe even try to "guilt trip" you for "mooching" if necessary --- and any and every other tactic imaginable. Unless you are fully prepared for this assault (and make no mistake, it IS an assault), skip these parasites and just go rent somewhere --- unless you're actually considering buying from the developer. If you're a serious buyer, think resale market. If you're just going in order to take advantage of low cost lodging, just know in advance that they will likely berate you for doing so, whether politely or otherwise. Good luck ---you may need it...........

KC
May 27, 2007

kaprieep wrote:

My advice is take advantage of the offer. I have attended several Hyatt sales presentations and find them very low pressure. Sure they want to sell but once you say no, that is the end of it. The same is true of Marriott sales presentations. You get to keep whatever incentive is offered (reduced lodging, gift certificates, etc) whether or not you buy. Hyatt and Marriott typically employ very professional, well trained sales representatives and you don't feel like you have had a hard sell from a used car salesman once it is over. They have always treated me with respect even after I have said, "No thanks".

Carvan A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.