Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort

Walking Distance to Playa del Carmen?

May 28, 2007

Does anyone know if this is really within walking distance of the 5th Avenue restaurants and shops?

Has anyone stayed here?

Roberta R.
Jun 25, 2007

It is a good 15-20 minute walk into town. I walked it a couple of times but usually we took their shuttle to their other beach which was just on the edge of town and then walked in. They also had bikes you could use anytime to get into town quickly and I used them once. We have little kids so the walking option really didn't work for us too well. Nice resort. It is away from the noise but not too far away. They have good activities without being one of the huge resorts where there are lots of people. We are looking to stay there again this year.

Julie M.
Aug 14, 2007

roberta222 wrote:
Does anyone know if this is really within walking distance of the 5th Avenue restaurants and shops?

Has anyone stayed here?

When staying at Fisherman's my wife and I (and we aren't young) walk into town every evening. I'd say it's less than a mile and thru a nice safe residential neighborhood. From town there are 2 gated sections, one goes directly to all the larger resorts and the other goes to a residential section with the Fisherman's being the only resort in this area. If you're standing on the beach at the Fisherman and look left you'll see the Town in the distance and to the right about a half mile or so the start of the larger resorts. Fisherman is quiet and relaxing. This isn't the place to take children if you want them to have other children to play with.

Mike M.
Jan 22, 2008

I walk it all the time when we stay there. It really is about a 10 minute to the Cozumel ferry wharf (the heart of downtown).

Moreover, because Fishermen's is in a gated community (and because Playa is generally a really safe destination) there are no worries about walking back to the resort in the dark.

Before the hurricanes we also used to walk along the beach into town, but there are still a couple of places that aren't accessible right now unless you want to get your feet wet.

As was mentioned, there is a shuttle from the resort. And cabs are relatively frequent and cheap if you find yourself too drunk, tired, or laden with souvenirs to walk back.

Steve T.
Jan 29, 2008

roberta222 wrote:

Has anyone stayed here?

Yes I have week of Jan12-19/08. It is a 10 minute walk through a gated community to downtown( 5th Avenue) Norm Carr ncarr@cogeco.ca

Norm C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.