Jul 13, 2007

Do second buyers enjoy all the same benefits, services as the original buyer? Are there any fees charged to the new owner by the resort? Is there a number that I coukd call to speak to someone at SLBI to ask questions about the resort? Thanks for any help

D M.
Jul 14, 2007

dm127 wrote:
Do second buyers enjoy all the same benefits, services as the original buyer? Are there any fees charged to the new owner by the resort? Is there a number that I coukd call to speak to someone at SLBI to ask questions about the resort? Thanks for any help
Okay still looking for someone about SLBI, to answer questions about the resort. Thanks

D M.
Jul 15, 2007

dm127 wrote:
dm127 wrote:
Okay still looking for someone about SLBI, to answer questions about the resort. Thanks

D M.
Jul 15, 2007

Looking for recent owner visit reviews on SLBI as I am interested in a timeshare there. Thanks for any information.

D M.

Last edited by dm127 on Aug 02, 2007 11:48 PM

Jan 07, 2008

dm127 wrote:
Looking for recent owner visit reviews on SLBI as I am interested in a timeshare there. Thanks for any information.
Hi, I Love SlBI. There are so many advantages of owning there. The short answer to your first question is that all owners are equal in bookings whether from secondary or primary market. In additon the market is fluid as there are 148 units and all weeks are active. Furthermore, management posts resales and rentals on an in house Bulleting board and the county has an annual auctioin for units with deliquent taxes.

I own multiple units and spend close to one month per year there and may sell an odd year two bedroom lockout (trades for two weeks on RCI) for 2009.

Paul G.
Apr 03, 2008

I am going this weekend for the first time. I am using bonus time. I purchased an every other odd year and banked my 2007 week with RCI and I will tell you what, it trades better than my Kona Coast week in Hawaii.

Harold N.
Jul 06, 2008

this is a decent place with good management..805-595-2333 is the number.

Paul G.
Aug 24, 2008

If we purchase a resale are we able to join the diamond resorts larger organization which allows us to trade within this larger organizations ?What would be the fee for joining?

Peggy M.
Aug 24, 2008

Regarding the larger trading groups....Diamond is a timeshare management group. RCIM is another. Wydham is another. If you buy a resale from a Suntera owner (now Diamond) you get that internal network. If you buy from an original Glen Ivy (now RCIM) you get access to that internal network.

Neither of these are fee for trading organizations. The largest two I know of are RCI and II which trade all over the world and charge two levels of fee...one annual...$80 or more, and another for an EXECUTED trade week (under $200).

In addition the non-profit Timeshare Users Group (TUG) and this site (RED WEEK) run smaller international exchanges. Some European destinations, NYC, Vancouver CAN and a few other places are harder to trade into due to low supply and high demand.

The San Luis Bay Inn has no empty or really bad weeks and due to actions by the Coastal Commission of CA, no more timeshares will be built on the Central Coast. Additionally, local real estate values of this pristine beach town have stayed high, while annaul maintenance is about 1/4 of say, the Manhatten Club in NYC or highly seasonal places, like Cape Cod.

Planned and controlled properly, with hotel prices continuing to escalate, and goodand stable local management like Ben Banks at this resort, timeshare bought, especially, on the resale market, like here or maybe eBay (hit or miss), is a terrific hedge on inexpensive retirement travel for seniors or families.

The resort has the additional value of kitchens for breakfasts and the occasional meal, which save further hard earned bucks.

Paul G.
Aug 25, 2008

If I purchase a unit at the Avila Beach Club will I be able to buy into the larger Diamond resorts?

Peggy M.
Jan 01, 2012

I have bought two weeks at this resort on the resale market and am extremely pleased. I plan to buy more in the future. Staying at the resort is great because the property itself is very nice and the area offers lots of great activities.

Deryl R.
May 18, 2012

The largest problem with Timeshare Use is Hucksters who come in after developers have recovered costs and serve a function of absorbing units that aren't paid for and provide cash flow and some greater liquidity for management.

This function comes at an inflated price, often 10 times what the true resale market is.

There exist many sites and trading vehicles, the largest of which are RCI and II wherein you can trade locations.

Often Red Week, Ebay, airbnb, and other sites provide a less costly vacation rental.

The secondary market is active and particularly depressed at this time, (2012) making it a great time for low cost purchase.

Paul G.
Dec 06, 2012

I am a second buyer and have had good service. Bought a resale about 10 years ago and have stayed at the resort maybe 3 times and exchanged through both Interval and RCI, getting good value at other resorts, including in Hawaii (Kauai on the beach), Bahamas, Orlando and the Alps in Austria. In Orlando I usually get a 2 BR or better for my 1 BR at Avila.

Thomas H.
Aug 13, 2013

I have been trying to trade in through I.I. for 4 years with no luck. I would consider buying if the price was right. How high are maintenance fees?

Sandra L.

Last edited by sandral232 on Aug 13, 2013 06:30 PM

Feb 22, 2014

I just bought a 1 Bd/1 Ba unit. Maintenance fees are about $685.00 annual and you can split the amount but paying half every 6 months. Not bad really.

sandral232 wrote:
I have been trying to trade in through I.I. for 4 years with no luck. I would consider buying if the price was right. How high are maintenance fees?

Paulo M.
Feb 22, 2014

Resales are stronger for for 2BL (2 bedroom lockouts) because in trading venues they can be split into two weeks...a 1 bedroom week and an efficiency week, and to specifically answer the question the annual maintenance fees are only about $100/year higher for the 2bl then the 1 bedroom.

The additional obvious value is that the Coastal Commission in CA will not let TS developers build more timeshares in the area, while the general real estate and comparable nightly lodging prices around Avial Beach are at least $200 night. The value keeps on being better and better.

Paul G.
Feb 22, 2014

What is considered a good price to purchase a 1 Bd/1 Ba unit with a floating week here? Thanks!

Paulo M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.