Timeshare Companies

RedWeek Doing Quite Well

Jul 22, 2007

I have been paying a lot of attention to every aspect of the timeshare industry lately and the amount of money that is involved in all the sectors. From what I have figured RedWeek is making a killing on listing fees. To date they have had more then 354,500 listings including rentals and sales. I averaged this out be at least $12,053,000 gross. Each rental is $20 and each resale is $50 and a membership if you don't already have one is another $15. Do the math and average lets say half rentals and half resales listings. It adds up to $15 Million Dollars! Boy, I am in the wrong business. I guess there is allot of money the the resale listing business. Hey at least the upfront fee is about the same it would take to list it in my local paper, of course with a lot more exposure.

Bob D.
Jul 23, 2007

It takes money to make money and Redweek is a genius at this.

They first started classmates.com that was VERY successful then they had the vision to realize that there were millions of pre-owned timeshares to be sold and millions of timeshares to be rented in the marketplace and they became very succesful at that venture. Now they've started their own exchange company. They seem to know what the public wants on the internet.

Actually, Redweek doesn't charge an upfront fee, they charge a listing/ad fee the same as your newspaper.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.